Eating cereal for breakfast and in later afternoon, your pee smells pungent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I always notice that in late afternoons when I pee in my diaper, it's always smells pungent, not a bad smell but a tad stronger than normal.

I pee every 45 mins to 2 hours so it's nothing out the ordinary, but this perticular time, it came out 2 hours after my last diaper chnage and bearing in mind I've been drinking every 2 hours.

I've been looking up why my pee smells bad this perticular time in case I had a urine infection which I hardly doubt I have, (no pain, no urinating more than usual, no bad smells or urinating in small or large amounts)

Apperently it's because breakfast cereals if you eat them have lots of vitamin b-3 of something in them which causes more pungent pee. So it may not mean a urine infection.

- - - Updated - - -

I never knew breakfast cereals could do that, I've noticed this quite a lot

There are so many chemicals in our food it's a wonder everyone isn't incontinent. I noticed my pee smelled pungent after eating a popular "puffed wheat" cereal with a honey coating. I love the flavor but don't understand the smell of pee. Run the name of the food with the words "urine smell" through a search engine and see what happens. I read that increased blood sugar also increases some kind of proteins in the liver which may affect the smell of urine. I'm no chemist. Just a guess.

Some "cheaper" cerials will do that, but only if you're already a little dehydrated. And if you're only drinking once every couple of hours then you are likely dehydrated. Try doubling your intake and see if it keeps happening.

toejamer said:
I noticed my pee smelled pungent after eating a popular "puffed wheat" cereal with a honey coating.

Oh, god! I very rarely eat breakfast cereals. But several years back I had some Sugar Puffs and... the smell when I urinated later was overpowering.

I remember being quite disturbed after eating asparagus too (until I realised that's normal). :-/

Strange that, some foods make our pee smell awful, I'm eating the shops brand Asda cheerios at the moment and i have to admitt today, I've eaten loads of crap and i havn't notice any smells, only sometimes I notice, i always used to notice the smell When I worked in the charity shop and sometimes when I'm sitting in my room I get a whiff of it.

What you smell is the vitamins they spray on the cerea;.

Scaramouche said:
What you smell is the vitamins they spray on the cerea;.

Probably. Vitamins are usually just use-on-demand by the body, and it just disposes of what it does not need. (into the urine) There's absolutely no benefit to getting more than you need, as your body can't usually store any surplus. There are a few examples of noticeable effects from extreme overdoses on vitamins, but it's pretty rare. (eating polar bear liver will OD you on vitamin C for example) So there's typically no harm in the manufacturers spraying a ton of vitamins on the cereal, to boost pretty much all of their vitamin stats on the box to 100%.

That, and it's a lot easier to get a kid to eat a bowl of choco-puffs in the morning than to eat a vitamin.

bambinod said:
That, and it's a lot easier to get a kid to eat a bowl of choco-puffs in the morning than to eat a vitamin.

Very true but vitamins have come a long way with Flinstone chewbles and Gummi Bear vitamins. For the OP, try a vitamin with some other breakfast foor like egs or a bagel and see if you get the same smell. I bet you do. Makes for an interesting diaper smell. ;)

I have found and in line with other comments some medications can alter odour quite considerably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back