Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I need some thoughts on this. I've been wearing Tykables for the last few months. I'm almost out of diaper and was thinking of getting something different. My thoughts are on ABU Space diapers, but I've been getting a chaffing feeling from the sides of my diapers. Is there a way to stop this. Or is this just normal with diapers. I just got off a day of wearing. I was even able to get past my hiding my diaper while I'm wearing.

I've had a slight chaffing from using the dry 24/7s (I still like them though), but normally I buy the ABU cushies, have you tried those in the past?

This is going to happen with most of the thicker diapers out there. When they get soaked, they swell. That in turn is going to rub on your inner thighs. The good news is your skin will eventually get used to it and toughen up. In the mean time, try applying a thin layer of petroleum jelly on your thighs to cut down on the friction that's causing your chafing.

Reactions: Deleted member 44078
Sounds like just friction from walking. Thinner helps, but if the thinner tykables are bothering you, space isn't going to work at all.

I think this is the market that ABU's preschool are trying to fill though, thinner for daytime wear. Get a few bags to try, one of plastic shell and one of clothlike, and see what works better for your skin?

Slomo said:
This is going to happen with most of the thicker diapers out there. When they get soaked, they swell. That in turn is going to rub on your inner thighs. The good news is your skin will eventually get used to it and toughen up. In the mean time, try applying a thin layer of petroleum jelly on your thighs to cut down on the friction that's causing your chafing.
Another thing that might help is folding the padding. Before putting it on fold it lengthwise down the middle to make a long V shape. After it's taped on, push the leg gathers inwards and squish the V at the bottom of the diaper to make sure it stays V shaped. It'll probably hang down an inch or two, but it's less likely to push into your thighs that way.

Space diapers are wortrh it! :D

lots more powder helps the chaffing, but I also like to use Fixing pants to keep a diaper in place. That keeps the diaper from moving as much, and it chafes less.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with ABU at all these days. Any diaper you get from them is a good choice.

But in terms of the chaffing issue you'e describing, I can't personally say I've experienced anything like it. What may help is if you try to let the diaper fluff up and open more before putting it on. I find it more comfortable to put a diaper on once it's decompressed from the packaging.

Plastic backs cut back for me, that said prompt changing of #2 (very seriously) impacts this, like depending on consistency if its wet it needs to be almost within 5 minutes.

you could try (i know, horrible, sue me) cloth backed, see if that helps. other than that, irnub is right, try folding it into a v before use.

alexchar1982 said:
you could try (i know, horrible, sue me) cloth backed, see if that helps. other than that, irnub is right, try folding it into a v before use.

What kind would you suggest?

KryanAshford said:
What kind would you suggest?
seni quatro are nice. xpmedical sells them if you're in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back