First time ordering from ABU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uggu

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've been wanting to purchase my very first Adult baby diapers. I live with my mom and I'm always at work so I'm a bit cautious. I had questions for people who buy regularly from there so please help a fellow abdl member out.

When you buy. Do you get a tracking number?
What do the box look like and what does it say in the shipping label?
Is it a risk that the box will come damaged and be able to easily see what is really inside?
If I get the scented option. Will the smell be noticeable even when unopened. I'm really afraid that you can actually smell what is in the box :sweat drop:

Thanks in advance! :detective3

Hi :)

Yes, you will receive a tracking number.
Your order will arrive in a plain brown (very discrete) box. The last shipment I received a few days ago was very well taped. I have housemates and they have no idea what's in the box.
Not sure if you can smell stuff because I always order unsented.

Uggu said:
When you buy. Do you get a tracking number?
What do the box look like and what does it say in the shipping label?
Is it a risk that the box will come damaged and be able to easily see what is really inside?
If I get the scented option. Will the smell be noticeable even when unopened. I'm really afraid that you can actually smell what is in the box :sweat drop:

- tracking number varies depending on who you order from. most DO NOT. However, if you have made a shipping account at UPS/Fedex and they have your email, they WILL send you updates that way which is nice. Or if they have your cell phone number you will get text messages with progress. "you have a package coming tomorrow" "you have a package coming today" "your delivery has been rescheduled for xx pm" "your package has been delivered"

- pretty much all the ABDL stores use a more generic name on the label. but anyone with google can look that up. "what's this package from 'care health services'? gooogle..... oh." A FEW have horribly obvious shipping. SaveExpress has sent me cases with DIAPERS written on three sides, one side being covered with transparent packing tape. (that was my $3 extra pay for "discrete shipping"!) Best thing here seems to be to ask others about a specific source rather than to rely on the vendor - though MOST are discrete.

I've gotten scented once and didn't notice it outside the box. Some places you can order "scent oil" separately. Or get it off ebay. ("mommy scents") Or get them unscented and take them out of the bags and open them up and stuff a nicely scented dryer sheet in each one for a week.

I order by the case, the box is a plain brown brown, rather large 20” x 32”, I’ve only had an issue with the scent smell escaping the box when I ordered a case of stuffers.

I live with my mom and she knows about my incontinence issues but to me it’s still super embarassing to get a shipment when she’s home because she knows It’s diapers (she doesn’t know they’re ABDL diapers). Maybe I’m just weird about it I’m not sure. Anyway I order from ABU at least once a month. They are always discrete shipping in a brown unlabeled box. If you live in the US they ship via UPS and supply a tracking code to your email along with the receipt. I have a UPS account and I have all my shipments diverted to a UPS store near my home. Usually get my box on the way home from work and quickly sneak them in my room. I’ve never tried the scented ones because I’m cheap. I use lavender scented baby powder because the smell is strong and it smells soo good!

Thanks a lot everyone for your replies.

@podmuse

How does one go about UPS holding your packages for pick up?

I just ship them to their store’s address. Just keep watch of your tracking number and once you see that it made it to the store, give ‘em a call and ask if it’s available for pick up. Easy peasy! [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uggu said:
Thanks a lot everyone for your replies.

@podmuse

How does one go about UPS holding your packages for pick up?

Howdy!
You have a couple options for UPS holding packages for pickup.

1.) You can ship to a UPS facility. Here are the instructions for that:
https://abucares.abuniverse.com/en/...9-how-do-i-ship-my-package-to-a-ups-facility-

2.) You can use the MyChoice application to have them hold the package for you - warning, this sometimes doesn't work (it is similar to them intercepting the package).

ABU always ships in discreet boring brown boxes, and we always send a tracking number to your email the moment it ships out. If for some reason you don't get it, or your email address was wrong, you can always call or email us using the contact info here:
https://us.abuniverse.com/contact-us/

Hope everything works out for you!
-Casey, ABU

- - - Updated - - -

Uggu said:
If I get the scented option. Will the smell be noticeable even when unopened.

1.) Yes, there is always a risk this can happen with any package. The larger the order, the bigger the possibility this will happen. It is rare, but it DOES happen.
2.) Yes, the scent will be noticeable outside of the package. Not super strong, but enough that someone might get a whiff.

also if you have an account with them you can get online and set an order to "hold for pickup". OR if you have the tracking number you can usually call them and request this. I've ran into a few cases were a depot "refused to hold for pickup until after at least one delivery attempt has been made" but this seems to be unusual. (or possibly a depot-manager-polity, one that may not be an approved policy by ups/fedex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back