Scheduled a dr appointment, pretty nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebabyboy12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
So I’ve scheduled a dr appointment for a general check up. I need to bring up my wetting issues as I’m beginning to become slightly concerned as my bladder control is decreasing. I find myself dripping pretty regularly and have a stream with very little notice quite often. I don’t feel comfortable out of diapers but at the same time I’m embarrassed to wear a diaper to a dr appointment. I love wearing diapers and have wished for incontince for a long time, why I don’t know but I can’t seem to change these feelings. I need help, what should I do?

Be honest with your doctor, they will understand. Relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seconded. You are much better off being completely open and honest about your health issues with any doctor. After all, they can't help you if they don't have the full picture. And, If you show up without a diaper on but say you're always needing them, then that would make him question what you're saying.

Ehorton said:
I need to bring up my wetting issues as I’m beginning to become slightly concerned as my bladder control is decreasing....love wearing diapers and have wished for incontince for a long time, why I don’t know but I can’t seem to change these feelings. I need help, what should I do?

Firstly, good on you for recognising you need to start getting proper medical help for your bladder issue. It is always so difficult to face medical stuff and it is those initial, tentative steps that feel the hardest. It seems to me, from what you have said, that there are two issues here. You need to explain to your doctor that you have been having issues with your bladder for some time and you are apprehensive about whether to wear a diaper to the appointment. The second is that you have always dreamed of being incontinent and now it is possibly happening you feel a little lost. If I have missed anything please let me know.

If you have been wearing protection to deal with the dripping then changing your routine to save a little embarrassment may not make much difference to your overall situation. It would appear that you need to explain to the doctor how you have been managing your condition so far. What use would it be to leave out the diapers to save face when you are going to be talking about wetting issues in the first place. I totally understand how it would cause embarrassment and the conversation will be difficult but lying to a health care professional could lead to them diagnosing incorrectly and prescribing the incorrect treatment.

Thinking on this further, worrying you may not get the correct treatment may be a bit of a stretch when the only part you will be leaving out is the practicalities of using a diaper to contain the actual issue. As long as you speak openly about the dribbling you should be fine. It comes down to how comfortable you feel in the discussion and what information the doctor actually needs. It may be perfectly fine to leave out the diaper part if you feel it will be too much to deal with. What is important is that you seek the doctors help and get on a path to recovery as not seeking help for problems like this can lead to worse things in the future.

This brings us onto the next point concerning your fantasies of being incontinent. Reading many of the communities stories here I have not seen any that include any enjoyment of being incontinent. There are plenty who have explained they have learned to accept it and possibly enjoy the diaper side of it but I will look to others with more experience to give their thoughts on this aspect of incontinence. My overall opinion, and it is just that, is that your pursuit of incontinence could lead to serious harm to not only your physical health, but your life in general. It would be better to seek a remedy for the dribbling before it gets worse.

Reactions: Trevor
MotherFaith said:
Firstly, good on you for recognising you need to start getting proper medical help for your bladder issue. It is always so difficult to face medical stuff and it is those initial, tentative steps that feel the hardest. It seems to me, from what you have said, that there are two issues here. You need to explain to your doctor that you have been having issues with your bladder for some time and you are apprehensive about whether to wear a diaper to the appointment. The second is that you have always dreamed of being incontinent and now it is possibly happening you feel a little lost. If I have missed anything please let me know.

If you have been wearing protection to deal with the dripping then changing your routine to save a little embarrassment may not make much difference to your overall situation. It would appear that you need to explain to the doctor how you have been managing your condition so far. What use would it be to leave out the diapers to save face when you are going to be talking about wetting issues in the first place. I totally understand how it would cause embarrassment and the conversation will be difficult but lying to a health care professional could lead to them diagnosing incorrectly and prescribing the incorrect treatment.

Thinking on this further, worrying you may not get the correct treatment may be a bit of a stretch when the only part you will be leaving out is the practicalities of using a diaper to contain the actual issue. As long as you speak openly about the dribbling you should be fine. It comes down to how comfortable you feel in the discussion and what information the doctor actually needs. It may be perfectly fine to leave out the diaper part if you feel it will be too much to deal with. What is important is that you seek the doctors help and get on a path to recovery as not seeking help for problems like this can lead to worse things in the future.

This brings us onto the next point concerning your fantasies of being incontinent. Reading many of the communities stories here I have not seen any that include any enjoyment of being incontinent. There are plenty who have explained they have learned to accept it and possibly enjoy the diaper side of it but I will look to others with more experience to give their thoughts on this aspect of incontinence. My overall opinion, and it is just that, is that your pursuit of incontinence could lead to serious harm to not only your physical health, but your life in general. It would be better to seek a remedy for the dribbling before it gets worse.

Actually, I'm incontinent not by choice, and still love it. Though I do wish my circumstances and how I became this way were diffrent. The best way I can describe it is maybe a little like being transgendered. My body didn't feel right not always leaking, and being a slave to the toilet felt wrong. I'm much more happier being diaper dependent now. Rashes, leaks and all.

Slomo said:
Actually, I'm incontinent not by choice, and still love it. Though I do wish my circumstances and how I became this way were diffrent. The best way I can describe it is maybe a little like being transgendered. My body didn't feel right not always leaking, and being a slave to the toilet felt wrong. I'm much more happier being diaper dependent now. Rashes, leaks and all.

Fair enough, I stand corrected, but glad I explained would let other who know about these things discuss that part.

Motherfaith- thank you so much for the feedback and encouragement, that’s what makes this site so incredible. I don’t really think I have much of a choice as to whether i wear a diaper to the appointment. A diaper is much less embarrassing than wet pants in front of others.
The desire to become incontinent is something that I struggle with mightily. It’s amazing when I’ve got my diapers on. But over the last couple of weeks the leaking and accidents when I couldn’t be diapered have been awful. So I don’t know what to want.

@MotherFaith - I'm in a similar situation as the OP, with regard to going to a doctor shortly (Tuesday, actually), and I find your advice on the money, including your last paragraph.

At the start of the month, I started noting what I was experiencing, and how I was responding. I initially thought to keep my wearing nappies out of it, but over the last week, decided to include wearing, as I'm finding nappies a practical response to the pull-up leaks, and the floodings I've been experiencing.

I find your last paragraph thoughtful, and making me introspectively think about what i'm experiencing / feeling / doing.

Ehorton said:
A diaper is much less embarrassing than wet pants in front of others.

This is one of the mantras that is repeated here all the time.

good luck and let us know how it goes. I always wonder how doctors evaluate these sort of issues. If you had a bladder infection, I think you would know. dribbling and a stream without urges, that will take some investigating. Your DR. visit is the first step to finding an answer.

To me, it's not a big deal. I also have a female primary physician who understands my situation very well. I get updated yearly, and also submit those results to Human Services so I can get an adjustment on some of my benefits. If your needs are legitimate, then you should have no problem at all as long as your doctor is not some sort of quack.

Slomo said:

That is just how I feel. Once I got over the initial shock of becoming incontinent and dependant on nappies. I realised actually I like this and now couldn't imagine life any other way. I genuinely had to hide my feelings when the urologist said he couldn't offer a cure for my incontinence and refered me to the continence nurse to help me manage my problem. So yes Rashes leaks and all I am happy as I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Ehorton said:
So I’ve scheduled a dr appointment for a general check up. I need to bring up my wetting issues as I’m beginning to become slightly concerned as my bladder control is decreasing. I find myself dripping pretty regularly and have a stream with very little notice quite often. I don’t feel comfortable out of diapers but at the same time I’m embarrassed to wear a diaper to a dr appointment. I love wearing diapers and have wished for incontince for a long time, why I don’t know but I can’t seem to change these feelings. I need help, what should I do?

When my incontinence started my wife suggested I saw my Doctor. I wore a tena comfort extra pad and net fixing pants to the first appointment as I had started wearing them to stop having obvious wet patches in my jeans. The Doctor examined me and never mentioned the pad. I was refered to the urologist and went through various tests and eventually it was decided my incontinence was caused by diabetic related neuropathy. I was then refered to the NHS Continence service as my incontinence can't be cured only managed.
I would say to anyone don't be embarrassed. The medical profession are very matter of fact and not judgemental at all. Obviously the fact I like being incontinent is something I keep to my self.

- - - Updated - - -

MotherFaith said:

From my experience I have found the Doctor and my urologist were not concerned about how I managed my problem and I was refered to the Continence nurse to get some practical help. Five years on and my Doctor never mentions my incontinence unless I bring it up. The diabetic nurse will ask if I am managing it OK and I see the continence nurse periodically to make sure I have the right support and am receiving the right pads and cream etc.

I hope the OP comes back to let us know how they got on and that they are okay. Some fantastic insight into peoples lives in this thread. Thanks for helping my understanding of these appointments and what you all go through.

I have a very similar set of issues as the OP. Through therapy and urology, I found that nerves brought on by extreme anxiety were causing muscles to tighten in the pelvic floor, thus squeezing the bladder and causing leaks, over activity, and dribbles. Go see your doctor, have your doctor recommend a good urologist, and seek counsel. While you're at it, try meditation, routine exercise if you don't already, and start exploring ways improve your mental health. Nerves don't always come in the typical fashion of being a conscious present thought, they can also have a silent physical effect that isn't as easily recognized.

Ehorton said:

Forget a general doctor. Go to a urologist instead. You'll probably get a ultrasound to start to see how much urine you're holding after you empty. I remember my first time. I of course was diapered and embarrassed. The nurse was very pretty and about my age. With wife (ex now) went with me. They don't care if you're in a diaper. They have seen it all and they see diapers everyday. They only care about making sure you're healthy. I wish you luck.

Ehorton said:
I don’t feel comfortable out of diapers but at the same time I’m embarrassed to wear a diaper to a dr appointment.
Maybe it's just the country I live in, but I've never needed to show my diapers at a doctor's appointment. If anything, if they're going to need you to take your pants off they probably would otherwise have seen your genitalia, which are arguably even more private than your diapers. You'll be fine.

I was worried about talking to my doctors about my issues as well, but trust me you have nothing to worry about - they are professional medical doctors, they have thousand of people with similar issues like you and they couldn't care less about it. That's the truth, of course they will try to help you and hopefully you will meet a doctor, that will do his best to help you - but it's their job, after 10 - 15 years or more of talking about fu**** up situations, bladders and people's different issues, their skins grow thick, so no matter what you say to him he won't be even slightly moved by things, that you are so much stressed about. It's their job - as it is your job, that you are doing your job - you are not treating them personal anymore, do you? You don't, so you have nothing to be afraid of, really :)

Following up on my post. I had mr dr. Appointment this morning. I brought up my recent struggles with dripping and frequent urges. They asked a lot of questions and performed a test. At the end that prescribed flowmax and scheduled a follow up in a month. I went in diapered and walked out diapered. I did have to expose my diaper and remove it. First time removing a diaper in front of someone. It was easier than I expected as far as my nerves go. Thanks for all the support.

Ehorton said:
First time removing a diaper in front of someone. It was easier than I expected as far as my nerves go. Thanks for all the support

I am so glad this all worked out for you. Hopefully you are better for the experience. At least now you are on a path to getting this sorted out and you have overcome an obstacle that you were worried about. Good for you and I wish you all the very best in resolving everything.

Ehorton said:
Following up on my post. I had mr dr. Appointment this morning. I brought up my recent struggles with dripping and frequent urges. They asked a lot of questions and performed a test. At the end that prescribed flowmax and scheduled a follow up in a month. I went in diapered and walked out diapered. I did have to expose my diaper and remove it. First time removing a diaper in front of someone. It was easier than I expected as far as my nerves go. Thanks for all the support.

Glad we could help. And after having to do that 100 times you just stop caring about modesty all together. Exposed diaper, stripped, it won't matter if there's a relavent need for some doctor to see then it's like- meh, whatever.

Just kidding.... Seriously though, I'm not kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back