Good going windows -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
Well, as a person who is forced to use Windows (I don't mind it, though) at some point you run into issues that make you want to throw your computer out the window.

Luckly as an "IT Professional" any issue I run into is easily fixable with solutions from the top of my head.

Long story short, last couple days my desktop kept blue screening for no reason at all, kept locking up, last couple days it got really bad to the point it couldn't even run for 5 minutes without blue screening. Oddly enough it was just constant blue screens, I thought it was my drive, so I reinstalled windows computer suddenly runs 100 times fast, hmm odd. So I run some basic hardware diagnosis (S.M.A.R.T) odd, the drive appears to be fine.

So I've concluded it's the newer AMD drivers, so I'm reverting back to Mays graphics driver, I came to this conclusion as GPU tweak would cause the computer to shut off when it usually never does.

Shame all the software I have to support I only developed with windows in mind, so I have to use windows to code it, WHY did I do this xD only torture to myself.

In 2010 W7 destroyed my two months old HDD (350GB.) After that I made decision WINDOWS IN MY PC ? - NEVER MORE !!!

Started with ubuntu and lot of tipical Wproblems are somwhere in historial trash.

Drag-and-Drop.jpg

Yeah sometimes graphics cards can cause blue screens, my friend had that problem last year with I believe a GTX 960 although I'm not too sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LittleJess said:
Well, as a person who is forced to use Windows (I don't mind it, though) at some point you run into issues that make you want to throw your computer out the window.

Ironically, I often have precisely the same reaction when I use Windows. That was how I came to learn one of my favorite words: defenestration. ^.^

Eh, screw this I'm just going to run ubuntu on my main rig, and windows 10 in vmware, this is beyond a joke.

Windows keeps upgrading the god damn driver to the one which keeps my PC locking up, how nice windows. stupid windows updates.

Better yet, now I can't run ANY software because UAC seems to not work anymore resulting in some stupid attribute error.

God dammit, ubuntu here I come.

i'm running cracked windows 7 on my pc since 2015 and aside from three random blue screens that went away after a system reboot, i had absolutely no issues with it.

and i also disabled the automatic updates so i never get bothered by that useless crap either.

just go back to windows 7. everything still works on it. everything except DX12, but im pretty sure you have no use for that kind of software

Alexia said:
i'm running cracked windows 7 on my pc since 2015 and aside from three random blue screens that went away after a system reboot, i had absolutely no issues with it.

and i also disabled the automatic updates so i never get bothered by that useless crap either.

just go back to windows 7. everything still works on it. everything except DX12, but im pretty sure you have no use for that kind of software

I would go back with windows 7, but sadly I can't won't even run on my hardware It's way too new, some reason I can't install it at all, something to do with USB 3.0 :(

I dunno why, but it would always error saying something along the lines of needing an additional driver for disks.

I've never had even a single serious problem on my 2014 Windows Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10 (upgraded from 8), whereas my previous POS Acer laptop gave me no end of trouble. Mind you though, you'd hope a device made by Microsoft could run Windows properly...

Yeah I've been getting a few issues with my Radeon 4670 lately, I'm thinking of doing a fresh install to see if that helps but I can't really be bothered.

LittleJess said:
I would go back with windows 7, but sadly I can't won't even run on my hardware It's way too new, some reason I can't install it at all, something to do with USB 3.0 :(

I dunno why, but it would always error saying something along the lines of needing an additional driver for disks.

the thing that always worked for me was hard drive reformat. i worked on quite a bit of different computers and every issue with windows installation was fixed after i did a reformat.

tho i've no idea what that usb issue is. maybe you could post a picture of the error message? i might be able to figure something out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back