ABU Diapers - Pros, cons, thoughts and opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiaa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I feel the Abena's aren't so reliable after seeing the replies on my previous thread, although some mentioned the ABU's, and I really like them. The designs are cute, they look like they're good quality, and are good at absorbing everything.

What's the deal with them? Have you used them, if so, how did you feel about them? Are they as good as they look? What's your verdict and opinions. I also have some questions about them.

1) How many wettings (roughly) can one diaper hold?
2) How discreet are they? (The sound of them (I'm 99% sure they're plastic) the visibility under clothes etc.
3) What's the best place to order them from? (I'm from the UK)
4) Any other information i should know. :)

Thank you all so much xx

Are you sitting comfy I will begin
1: 3 or 4 normal wettings based on large little paws
2: ok under jeans or normal clothing not ok under thin can be noisey don't wear sapce or little paws under tight clothing as bulge my show
3: Nappies r us eBay shop as you can get them delivered to an Argos shop and pick them up or Yodel is option
I also use save express 2xl booster with little paws and it swells quite a lot and holds a lot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1) Sorry can't help you measure number of wettings but my experience has them as super absorbent well in excess of any Abena products even when Abena made good products.

2) ABUs Vintage style SDK, Cushies and Lavender are plastic backed and can be hidden pretty well. Space/Simples/Pawz have a much wider crotch so definitely less discreet, nicely plastic backed as well. I think the Preschool are their most discreet option being cloth like backed but I am sure are still noisy to change with the taping panel.

3) I think nappies r us is your official stockist of ABU in the U.K. http://www.nappiesrus.co.uk/disposable-nappies/abu-all-in-one

4) Anything else... How nappies fit is always subjective but I find the Vintage style with the 1 per side amazing tapes fit best if they are tighter than a 4 or more and if the top of the tape is as close as possible to the top of the taping panel rather than in the centre... doesn't make it look funny since the tapes are so fabulously large.

I never tried Super Dry Kids version 1 but I understand they are no where near as absorbent as the version 2 (current ones), not as effective though they are supposed to have more authentic crinkly plastic.

With any nappies ABU included I have taken other peoples advice from here and after unfolding a new nappy gently fold it length wise to help the channels run liquid front to back rather than to the sides where the fold marks are from packaging.

I haven't done a cost comparison for nappies in the U.K. but while you should definitely get ABU check out MyDiaper Night varieties.

parcelboy2 said:
Are you sitting comfy I will begin
1: 3 or 4 normal wettings based on large little paws
2: ok under jeans or normal clothing not ok under thin can be noisey don't wear sapce or little paws under tight clothing as bulge my show
3: Nappies r us eBay shop as you can get them delivered to an Argos shop and pick them up or Yodel is option
I also use save express 2xl booster with little paws and it swells quite a lot and holds a lot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hmm okay, most of my clothes are tight fitting.

- - - Updated - - -

Argent said:
1) Sorry can't help you measure number of wettings but my experience has them as super absorbent well in excess of any Abena products even when Abena made good products.

2) ABUs Vintage style SDK, Cushies and Lavender are plastic backed and can be hidden pretty well. Space/Simples/Pawz have a much wider crotch so definitely less discreet, nicely plastic backed as well. I think the Preschool are their most discreet option being cloth like backed but I am sure are still noisy to change with the taping panel.

3) I think nappies r us is your official stockist of ABU in the U.K. http://www.nappiesrus.co.uk/disposable-nappies/abu-all-in-one

4) Anything else... How nappies fit is always subjective but I find the Vintage style with the 1 per side amazing tapes fit best if they are tighter than a 4 or more and if the top of the tape is as close as possible to the top of the taping panel rather than in the centre... doesn't make it look funny since the tapes are so fabulously large.

I never tried Super Dry Kids version 1 but I understand they are no where near as absorbent as the version 2 (current ones), not as effective though they are supposed to have more authentic crinkly plastic.

With any nappies ABU included I have taken other peoples advice from here and after unfolding a new nappy gently fold it length wise to help the channels run liquid front to back rather than to the sides where the fold marks are from packaging.

I haven't done a cost comparison for nappies in the U.K. but while you should definitely get ABU check out MyDiaper Night varieties.
thank you so much! I'm guessing all the products are plastic based?

I'm slowly working my way through the ABU collection had a Cushie on all day today. It's very comfy hardly feel I got it on at 1st. Had 3 good Wettings in it so far and still feel it's got more to give. Bit crinkly at 1st but a pair boxers and some jeans soon stopped that. As for best place I just ordered through nappiesrus came disgeet and next day delivery.

I've used ABU Simple and ABU Preschool. Simples are just Space in a plain shell so I guess this applies to Space too.

The Preschools hold about 3 or 4 wettings - depending on the batch they seem to have the same up to about 20% more absorbency than an Abena M3.

The Simples ... go forever. I've never run out, although I haven't had the opportunity to really try.

Preschools are kind of at the upper end of what I would consider acceptably discreet. They're only slightly bigger than Abenas when dry, but they swell in the crotch (like most diapers) and around the butt when wet.

Simples are not discreet. They wedge your legs apart, they swell freely when wet, the butt padding is super thick, and they crinkle like mad. They're 100% functional.

With all ABU brands, and most diaper brands in general, the tapes are designed to stick onto a plastic landing zone and will therefore chuck a shit if your hands are anything except dry and completely untouched. Refastenability is also limited. I prefer Abenas for daily wear partly because they suffer much less of these problems, but I wear Preschool and Simple for special occasions and when I need the extra padding.

Sophiaa said:
Hmm okay, most of my clothes are tight fitting.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you so much! I'm guessing all the products are plastic based?

MyDiaper Night variety are plastic backed for sure.

Argent said:
MyDiaper Night variety are plastic backed for sure.

I'm also pretty sure all the mydiaper variations are identical except for the art on the shell
original sometimes aka "overnight, "white", animals", and the new one they don't seem to have a name for that's "deep blue" (occasionally referred to incorrectly as "overnight")

The quality of ABU's diapers is really high, they're highly respected in the community for a reason!! I prefer their vintage style diapers as I'm a relative newbie and 2 tapes is so much easier to put on than 4.. Also their plastic backing just feels so nice to touch and the crinklyness is super adorable. I've only tried Cushies V2 and Preschools and obviously the Preschools are more discreet but the Cushies aren't overly obvious, just depends how good you are at diapering yourself

bambinod said:
I'm also pretty sure all the mydiaper variations are identical except for the art on the shell
original sometimes aka "overnight, "white", animals", and the new one they don't seem to have a name for that's "deep blue" (occasionally referred to incorrectly as "overnight")

They have another variety apart from the Nacht/Night called the comfort which we had in Australia for sometime and I think they were called Plopers lol. Definitely not in the same level as the MyDiaper Night.

Yes though all their other ones seem to be the same just with different coloured shells which (apart from the black) all look great to me especially the pink and new blue ones.

Thanks everyone! does anyone have any pictures of someone in Abu's under clothes? I want to have an idea of how visible the bulge is under different clothes. and how loud are they when they crinkles?

Sophiaa said:
Thanks everyone! does anyone have any pictures of someone in Abu's under clothes? I want to have an idea of how visible the bulge is under different clothes. and how loud are they when they crinkles?

ABU has several different diapers available, that vary quite a bit in discreteness.

Their space/simple/paws/lavender are constructed the same and are quite thick under clothes, but they're pretty quiet. They'll probably have a small affect on your gate as you walk since there's a lot of material between your legs. So they're not really discrete during the day. But they're outstanding for overnight.

Their cushies and sdk are narrower and not quite as thick, but are slightly more crinkly. They've also only got one pair of tapes, which makes fitting a little more challenging. They seem to swell less when wet compared to the space variety. I've worn these a fair amount during the day, but they're just slightly too bulky to fit comfortably in the pants I wear to work.

Their new preschool are similar performers to the SDK, but use a clothlike shell and wings. These are their most discrete diapers for daytime wear, I think that's actually their target market for them. I've had problems with the material stretching as clothlike will during the day. I try to wear and keep dry during the day at work, that's 8 hours, and I have to step into the bathroom around noon to pull in the top tapes ~3/4" each and lower tapes in 1/2" each, otherwise it starts sagging badly. But they're visually pretty discrete and impossible to hear. They have a retape panel and use good tapes, so they can be safely adjusted once or twice, unlike almost every other clothlike diaper on the market.

Sorry I don't happen to have any pictures of those under clothes... might make for an interesting photoshoot sometime. It's difficult to get a good impression from a picture though - I've always seen diaper bulges more noticeably in a mirror than in a picture. I'd look at myself in the mirror and then take a picture, and then when I look at the picture I'd note that the diaper is much harder to notice because it lacks depth.

If you're okay with a chart, here was the results from my test with ABU Space/Simple

wettingstime

19:20am|my weight134
211:10am|me with full Space138.5lbs
312:26pm|Space weight4.5lbs
41:00
|
2.04kg
52:08
|

63:36
|

74:06
|~ ml per wetting300
84:56
|

95:13pm|Total ml2736

So, I highly recommend ABU Space/Simples.

I wear the Spaces under normal everyday pants, out in public and around family (they don't know I'm ABDL) and never had issues with someone seeing them (or at least not asking me about it)

Fruitkitty said:

thank you so much! after looking at these, i think i may buy the preschool or cushies for daytime use, and the space/little pawz for home/night use. :)

- - - Updated - - -

FluffyMastiff said:
If you're okay with a chart, here was the results from my test with ABU Space/Simple

wettingstime

19:20am|my weight134
211:10am|me with full Space138.5lbs
312:26pm|Space weight4.5lbs
41:00
|
2.04kg
52:08
|

63:36
|

74:06
|~ ml per wetting300
84:56
|

95:13pm|Total ml2736

So, I highly recommend ABU Space/Simples.

I wear the Spaces under normal everyday pants, out in public and around family (they don't know I'm ABDL) and never had issues with someone seeing them (or at least not asking me about it)

I tend to wear tight fitting clothes so it probably will show a bulge, thank you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back