• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

abyinOhio

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Hi, all,

Well, I thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. Well, first of all, I only recently discovered this site, and it's really nice to know it's out there. I've known about other AB sites, but I think this is the only one I know of where there's a forum, where people can just talk and be themselves.

So... about me. I'm a freelance writer and a divorced dad. I have two daughters, a preteen and teenager who both live with me. And for what it's worth, this is the first time I've put in print or mentioned to anyone that I'm an AB. My ex-wife, who I'm still friends with, knew that I enjoyed wearing little kids' clothes (never actually wore diapers with her) and had the general idea of where I was coming from, but I never actually said anything like, "Honey, do you know what an AB is? Well, I'm an adult baby..."

Hopefully I'm not giving TMI. I read the "introduction" and it looks like there's a fine line between saying too much about yourself and giving off the "creepy' vibe and saying not much at all.

Anyway, it's nice to see that I'm not alone, and I'm happy to be here. As for what I want to get out of this group, I really don't know. I've just been enjoying reading the posts and learning more about the AB lifestyle.

As for my interests apart from AB, I love old movies. I like to read. I love history. I like to hike. Most of my time is taken up by work and parenting, though. Not complaints, though, since I love both.

Hi abyinOhio! That was a fine intro. Don't worry about opening up to the group. That's what we're here for. I, too, like movies and reading. Who are some of your fav authors?

Stephen King (I guess everyone likes him), Erik Larson (who does a lot of nonfiction), Simon Winchester (also nonfiction) are some who come to mind. And thanks! Glad my intro was okay :)

abyinOhio said:
Stephen King (I guess everyone likes him), Erik Larson (who does a lot of nonfiction), Simon Winchester (also nonfiction) are some who come to mind. And thanks! Glad my intro was okay :)

Hi. Your intro was excellent. I'm an amateur writer with a self published novel on Kindle. It's hard to get your work out there. I put a short story on Nook Book several years ago called "Werewolf" and I sold quite a few copies and had a lot of favorable comments. I too enjoy reading Stephen King, but I also enjoy some of the more classical writers as well. I'm a professional musician and I enjoy riding my bike on our walking/bike trail. I live in central Virginia, but I lived in Cuyahoga Falls for 9 years. Anyway, welcome.

Thank you. I envy you for living in central Virginia -- or anywhere in Virginia. It's a beautiful state. And I can't play a lick of music, so I'm very impressed that you're a professional musician.

abyinOhio said:
Stephen King (I guess everyone likes him)

I do! Reading Mr. Mercedes at the moment, in fact!

zipperless said:
I do! Reading Mr. Mercedes at the moment, in fact!

I've been plowing through that one for awhile now :) I like it, but it hasn't hooked me the way Joyland (another recent one) and many of his other books have. But I just learned that there's a sequel to "Mr. Mercedes" -- it just came out -- which makes me think it's worth reading. So, anyway, hopefully I'll be hooked soon.

I'm hooked but I just can't seem to get the time to read these days. Yes, there is a sequel that just came out. Finders Keepers. Not sure of the plot. I liked Joyland but I thought he could have done more with the ghostiness. Please join my SK group here: King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back