Diaper packages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnecniw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Is it just me that kinda gets... "excited" over diaper packages?

(just as side info, as some I have met don't know what I really mean)
With diaper package I mean, "packages" of diapers bought in stores and such, in sweden (at the least) are they decorative, with children on front in diapers or such things, often with a cute name.

For some reaosn, I get very excited over packages, like the very idea and view of just the packages, the sound when they are opened, and the crinkel when the diaper are taken out.

I would DREAM about a special diaper package, clearly stating that these diapers are ONLY for girls, with extremely girly looks (heavily pink, with hearts and butterflies maybe, with a girl in a diaper and t-shirt or something) I dunno, is it only me? :D

I get excited over packaging in general to be honest, well the design and technical aspect of packaging anyway. Though it is probably because I am in the last semester of a Graphic Communications and Print Technology course where I have redesigned packaging or created it from scratch. The different types of folds that can be done to create interesting/creative packaging (though I have never seen a diaper package anything more than plastic wrapped in a box) are astounding. I wonder if any sort of creativeness could be applied to the plastic wrapping part beyond just the design, the box on the other hand could open like a clamshell, pull out like a drawer, or any number of things; it could be a way to help keep things organized for people who don't have those plastic cabinet thingies or other storage solutions, the downside would be that in the end the diapers would cost more due to fancier packaging.

It would be (relatively) easy to design a package like you described but getting it printed and diapers packaged inside would be another story altogether.

I still enjoy walking down the diaper isle in our grocery store, seeing not just the diaper packages, but all the other things such as bottles, pacifiers, baby lotions and oils, baby food and the list goes on. And then there's the smell of all those diapers!

Years ago the diapers were cloth. Some were the big square diapers and others, the pre-folds. In addition were all the different kinds of plastic pants, Gerbers, of course, but also plastic pants with a variety of colors, from blue, pink and yellow, and then....the ruffled plastic panties. I still have dreams where I'm a little kid in the old Five and Dime store, walking through the diaper isle and wanting every diaper and pair of plastic pants.

I like looking at the packaging. It doesn't make me want to buy it any more, but I'll admire (or rant on) the little details that went into its design. I open enough packages a day that the fun is more routine. Crushing boxes in the baler, though... ... tetris and crackle-pop happy fun time!

We sell the Naty where I work. They actually stand out quite a lot to people... I never get comments on the others, even though the others are more flashy. Wonder why.

Also, it might be that the females where I live are half composed of real hippies, but those look pretty feminine to me.

KyBar said:
The different types of folds that can be done to create interesting/creative packaging (though I have never seen a diaper package anything more than plastic wrapped in a box) are astounding. I wonder if any sort of creativeness could be applied to the plastic wrapping part beyond just the design, the box on the other hand could open like a clamshell, pull out like a drawer, or any number of things; it could be a way to help keep things organized for people who don't have those plastic cabinet thingies or other storage solutions, the downside would be that in the end the diapers would cost more due to fancier packaging.

Some cases for paper products are perforated clamshell boxes. Makes warehouse a pain, but I think the manufacturers do expect some places to sell them in those boxes. They're even all decorated up and everything. I haven't seen anything like drawers... too much complexity into what most places will just use as a shipping box. I only ever see liquids come in double boxes (two half boxes connected together to make a regular box shape).

Most of the packs I've seen have folds for holding onto the thing, even though I've never seen anybody use it. Depends have some sort of integrated handle on the double-packs. Not really sure what else you'd do with the pack.

I would LOOOVE to be able to either design my own diaper (both visually and the "aspects" of it) and the package.
would be a fun game if you ask me :D (even though only to a specific crowd) like a small flash game where you can choose from a couple of diffrent "models" of diapers (like shapes and such) change the thickness, width and such... then add patterns, colours text, anything... the same with the package.

"Days of Wonder announced a new game yesterday. You are due for a promotion in Sagging Bags, a struggling diaper company, to Autark Bigwig, BUT! there are (between one and four) other people in line for promotion as well! With the roll of the dice and clever hand playing, design the best diaper to win the position and big bucks. Just watch out for bad tape!"

SpottedLion said:
"Days of Wonder announced a new game yesterday. You are due for a promotion in Sagging Bags, a struggling diaper company, to Autark Bigwig, BUT! there are (between one and four) other people in line for promotion as well! With the roll of the dice and clever hand playing, design the best diaper to win the position and big bucks. Just watch out for bad tape!"

Is this real? :O

SpottedLion said:

wut?

Tnecniw said:
Is this real? :O

No.

bambinod said:

It's a play on Machi Koro (not by Days of Wonder, oops), where you take over as mayor or something of a town that wants a train station, a radio tower, and a couple cheese factories and compete with neighboring towns to build them first.

Tnecniw said:
I would DREAM about a special diaper package

Oh yeah, so many dreams of being in the store finding lots of packages with new designs, then waking up and being disappointed. I can still remember some of them, shuffling through the designs and seeing so many I had somehow missed. It's like those dreams I'd have when I was younger of finding a $100 bill and then waking up and realizing I don't have it.

I lov the trip down the diaper isle mostly for the smell. I walk slow and get as close as I can without looking like a diaper sniffing wierdo heh.

mmm, I dream about my "mommy" (then I mean a "caretaker" not my biological mother) coming into my room, showing off the new diaper package she bought for me, happily announcing loudly that I will be wearing girly diapers 24/7 from now on :3 MMM; i would looove that.

I love walking down the diaper section of stores, Especially a K-Mart I go into. The diaper/baby section has a powerful aroma of baby powder (I'm assuming) and it's sometimes hard to stand but in a few seconds it's not that powerful anymore. Plus, they have new and updated diaper packages and those are cool to look at.

I'm a clothie, but oh my gosh at the package envy I get!:mad: I want the experience of opening a cute package! I might invest in a Zoploc Space Bag and a Yudu home screen printing machine.

yes! I sorta day dream going down a diaper aisle in the store. When I have a fresh package at home, it feels like opening a Christmas present and I take a ritualistic approach. Probably because I've been out of the game so long, but even before I got back in, I would always be happy going down diaper aisles in stores and find excuses to go down them. I also get excited when I place an order and I can track it, knowing that I'll have a larger stash and can open them up. (especially now that I found Amazon's discrete option)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back