2 vs. 4 Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfamousRhino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey everyone! I wanted to get some people's opinions about 2 tape vs 4 tape diapers. I'm really looking between ABU Super Dry Kids and Little Paws. I like the idea of a 2 tape diaper because it's more childish and I assume easier to put on but at the same time if a 4 tape is much better I would rather go with that. Any pros and cons lists would be much appreciated!

I prefer the 4 because of comfort and the tapes seem to be better about not leaking or coming loose. But 2 tape is easier to put on and more childish feeling. It's going to be a preference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The 2 tape does give a pretty great "Little" feeling when it's put on you, but, honestly, as someone who wears for medical need, 4 and 6 are vastly superior. You get a much more secure fit, and range of motion. The adult body just needs a bit more to secure it in place for the most part.

SDK's are good, no ink to rub off. I'd go with Simple with stickers or Preschools over Little Paws because they rub off green ink. Or get a diaper cover.

Both 4 and 2 tapes fit me well for my body type, so take that into account, otherwise it's just preference.

ThePaddedDM said:
The 2 tape does give a pretty great "Little" feeling when it's put on you, but, honestly, as someone who wears for medical need, 4 and 6 are vastly superior. You get a much more secure fit, and range of motion. The adult body just needs a bit more to secure it in place for the most part.

It really depends on body shape and so on. I tried a sample of ABU's various single tape designs and fell in love with them for their functionality. I don't actually care for the designs much (prefer plain). But I found that they fit me very well, offered pretty decent performance with reduced bulk (compared to the Simple), and are exceptionally easy to change in public.

Their single tapes make changing in a stall so much faster and more discreet. I can get a good, well fitting, seal around the waist and legs fast. It makes less noise since you are only manipulating the two tapes and reduces the noise of the plastic while applying as well. If I could, I would try and make a few changes to the tape design though. I would try making the tape a tad longer, adding additional length to the bottom of the tape. I'd also play with changing its shape to that of a right triangle with the long edge along the waistline. I think that that would provide an even better fit for more individuals and would allow even easier, quicker applications.

I'm pretty indifferent to the number of tapes. I would say v1 SDKs and Cushies were probably my favorite tapes on any diaper because the placement was perfect for me and the tapes were so sticky and strong that I never had a failure. V2s are still pretty good but not as good as those old ones. Failing those, I might even prefer the 3 to a side variety.

I like both... do a mixed case and see what best suites you, both are excellent

Maybe try a mixed half case instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fairly thin, with my waist and hips being the exact same size. One tape per side SDK actually fit me better than 2 tape per side ABUs. I've had Little Pawz leak on me around the legs, but never SDK. You might be surprised what fits you better, but definitely experiment.

I think it just depends on your body. I have a pack of 2 tape diapers that fall off when I try to wear them just because of my shape. 4 tapes tend to work better for me. But as some people here have said, 2 tapes work better for them. Get a small pack or sample of each and try for yourself.

It depends what you'd like. Assuming you're completely average, all other things being equal, 4-tape diapers are markedly better in terms of performance and security.

I'd prefer 6 tapes if we had that option in a premium diaper. 4 tapes are ok to get a decent fit though. 2 tapes are horrible at it though, and will leave both the waist and leg bands too loose and prone to leaks.

2 tapes may be better for a baby feeling, but they are just not functional.

Most infant pelvises are rounded, whereas most adult pelvises are more boxy, and this is going to affect how 2 and 4 tape diapers fit and protect against leaks.

The challenge for a 2 tape diaper is to both seal around the legs AND hold up on the hip. If your pelvis is round, that's not too difficult to manage with just one tape on each side, as long as your diaper is a close fit for your size and you get the tape in just the right location. (you have to get the vertical position right for leg fit, and horizontal position right for hip fit, at the same time, with little margin for error)

Adults with 4-tape diapers can focus the lowers around the leg and the uppers around the hips for a better, better-protecting fit, and also don't have to be quite as precise with their tape placements.

If you have the right body shape, or if you just plain prefer two tapes, then go with 2. Otherwise go 4. That's my opinion on the matter anyway. I wear 2-tape little squirts from time to time, but most days and nights I'm in 4-tape models. I find the LS less comfortable (taping tighter than I'd like) while at the same time being more likely to leak (taping looser than I should) so it's something of an unwinnable situation for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back