Just kind of sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hime

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
So, not sure if I post this here or at all, just want to vent a bit. My husband left for work again today. His job works with contracts so he worked a few months, off a few weeks. Well it's been super slow lately so he's actually been off for 4 months. As hard as that was financially, I got used to always having him here with me. Well, today he left for a two month job, so I won't see him for the duration of that. Even though he's left before it never gets any easier. Does anyone else have a spouse/partner that has to leave? How do you deal with it? I usually just try to stay busy and distracted with tv, books, and such.

I kinda had something similar except I was the one who was leaving and he had to stay behind I know it's been hard for me not to have him here I've been going through a lot this past year and on top of that this is the first year I have been fully out of the closet to everyone as being gay and on top of that my ex used me being gay as a way to take my son from me and when my little brother also came out of the closet he was met with a lot of screaming and abuse from his father and his father's family so me and my mom had decided to relocate him to our older sisters in California so I've been without him as well. 2016 has just been one shitstorm after another I've always had to be the one to man up wear the pants and make the decisions but at this point I just feel so broke down beatdown all I really want to do is go back home to my boyfriend cuddle up in his arms and have him tell me everything will be ok as he holds me and I cry myself to sleep

hime said:
So, not sure if I post this here or at all, just want to vent a bit. My husband left for work again today. His job works with contracts so he worked a few months, off a few weeks. Well it's been super slow lately so he's actually been off for 4 months. As hard as that was financially, I got used to always having him here with me. Well, today he left for a two month job, so I won't see him for the duration of that. Even though he's left before it never gets any easier. Does anyone else have a spouse/partner that has to leave? How do you deal with it? I usually just try to stay busy and distracted with tv, books, and such.

I'm sure being separated for this long a period is difficult. Our daughter has to experience it as well, though usually for a week or two at a time. Imagine the spouses of those in the military, especially if they're gone for a year and in combat.

Try to maintain a schedule and stay busy. It helps move the clock forward.

w0lfpack91 said:
I kinda had something similar except I was the one who was leaving and he had to stay behind I know it's been hard for me not to have him here I've been going through a lot this past year and on top of that this is the first year I have been fully out of the closet to everyone as being gay and on top of that my ex used me being gay as a way to take my son from me and when my little brother also came out of the closet he was met with a lot of screaming and abuse from his father and his father's family so me and my mom had decided to relocate him to our older sisters in California so I've been without him as well. 2016 has just been one shitstorm after another I've always had to be the one to man up wear the pants and make the decisions but at this point I just feel so broke down beatdown all I really want to do is go back home to my boyfriend cuddle up in his arms and have him tell me everything will be ok as he holds me and I cry myself to sleep

I'm sorry you've had such a tough time of it. So who has your son? I'm sure it's tough. Do you have visitation?

I hope you meet someone who will treat you with kindness. Most of us need someone to share our lives with.

w0lfpack91 said:

I'm so sorry about everything that's happening :( 2016 seems to be a rough year so far. Dealing with a lot of family issues as well here on top of health issues. I hope things get better for you!

- - - Updated - - -

dogboy said:
Imagine the spouses of those in the military, especially if they're gone for a year and in combat.

I couldn't even imagine. I have a lot of military in my family that I am extremely close to. Including an uncle I lived with that is like a brother, I remember him being gone 2 years one time. My boyfriend I was with before my husband is actually a marine. He was gone 6 months one time with no contact. That was rough, but it somehow doesn't even compare to being away from my husband for even a couple weeks. I feel I'm much more codependent than I used to be. My dad is also moving in Tuesday so I'll have both my grandma and dad in the house (I live with my grandparents as my husband and I are trying to save for a house). It's definitely hard to be little even at home, especially now that my dads moving in as I'm not to comfortable around him since I was raised by my grandparents. I only lived with him my junior year but after a year moved in with my boyfriend (now husband) since I didn't feel comfortable in that environment since he's an alcoholic. (Currently recovering [hopefully])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back