How to use baby powder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
So I wanna buy a bottle of baby powder to use when diapering. Do I put it in the diaper then wear it? Do I put it on me? How much am I supposed to use? What does it feel like? I'm super excited to try!

You can do both and I think many people do, but be sure to get the corn starch baby powder, not the talcum powder. I'm even sure if they make the talcum powder because they are under a class action lawsuit because talcum acts like asbestos and can cause lung cancer and cervical cancer.

dogboy said:
I'm even sure if they make the talcum powder because they are under a class action lawsuit because talcum acts like asbestos and can cause lung cancer and cervical cancer.

Unless the places around here are still using up stock, talcum powder is still very much available.

As dogboy said, you can powder your diaper area first and then put the diaper on or put the diaper on first and then sprinkle powder inside the diaper.

You do not need to use very much, just enough to coat your diaper area if applied before diapering. Otherwise, I just shake the can once or twice into the diaper.

some powder their butt, some the diaper, and some both I prefer to put it in the diaper then put it on

The only times that talc is bad is if it's used internally, like the insides on women and yeah you don't want to inhale the stuff but all in all it's safe for external use, one of the details on my last job was maintaining there huge data base of the chemicals they used and learned quite a bit about talc, it's a mined ore and can contain trace amounts of asbestos, I found info going back over a decade stating that it should never be used internally because of being a suspected cancer causing substance, it's fine for putting in your shoes but not in a diaper.
I like the baby powder better then creams as I found some of the creams will cause the glue used in disposable diapers to fail, causing the leg gathers to separate and the inner liner coming lose so when you change you end up with a pile of wet fluff on the floor. :(

Is it possible to mix baby oil and powder? Cause isn't one for friction and one for keeping skin dry and clean?

Reactions: lolival
I would think that would make a nightmare good mix that would be hard to clean up

one way I found effecting to keep clean in the diaper area is to trim your pubic hairs so they are short but not short enough to make it itch

Generally I only use it on the open diaper on the stretchy elastic back guard (cornstarch nowadays.)

BabyLink9 said:
Is it possible to mix baby oil and powder? Cause isn't one for friction and one for keeping skin dry and clean?

Trust me unless you want a cheap pubic wax - don't do it - once it dries like cement and you peel it off you will be a smooth as a baby 👶

SiriusPup said:
Trust me unless you want a cheap pubic wax - don't do it - once it dries like cement and you peel it off you will be a smooth as a baby 👶

Funny I first read that as cheap public wax.

Sounds painful BTW pealing that off.

one day will have to find a pain free easy and cheap way for those results.

I think everyone does it a little differently. Some of it depends on what your skin requires. Mine's a bit picky and gets angry easily, so I use a lot of powder and some AF (antifungal) products.

My morning routine:
- lay a diaper down on the bed open, sit down on it, and applying a small amount of AF powder in my crotch on the sides
- get up and lay down the open diaper in front of the cabinet
- stand over the diaper and apply cornstarch to my inner thighs
- apply a heavy coating of talc under both butt cheeks (where the rear elastic gathers go)
- pull on a diaper I pretaped yesterday and get it all squared up
- pull back the left wing from my hip and squirt in another good dose of talc - repeat on right side
- pick up "drop cloth" diaper from floor and pretape it for wearing tomorrow

I suppose to some that sounds like a lot of work, but I get pimples sooooo easy on my skin, under my cheeks or on my hips, that I have to do this to keep my skin healthy while I wear 24/7. For me it's totally worth it.

As for talc, I'm not too worried about it, but I do try to avoid inhaling very much of it. (I know, opinions here will vary) It smells nice, but isn't too good for the body internally. Breathe through your nose when handling talc, so it's most likely to get trapped in your nose mucus rather than go into your lungs.

I just put it in the diaper then put it on.

I put it in my hand then rub it in I do not have any diapers at the moment but I like baby powder

I sprinkle in the diaper and then a couple of shakes in the hand and get the front diaper area and the butt cheeks. You don't need a whole lot just enough that you should look a little "pale". Makes the diaper slide against you without causing friction and no diaper rash with regular changing.

oddly these days I don't do anything but just changed my diaper when needed, I have not needed powder or cream for quite some time, I guess my skin has adjusted to the environment inside the diaper, but back in the day I had to do all that

I didn't think there was much variation or even techniques in applying baby powder. It seemed simple enough. I just lay down on the diaper, apply the baby powder to my crotch, and then tape up the diaper. Don't overthink it (Oh, and it feels pretty good). :)

The most effective way to use powder is to sprinkle some of it on to the palm of your hand, then rub it on. This will coat all of your skin with just the right amount of powder.

Of couse, a lot of people will get lazy (including me) and just shake some of it on to the diaper before putting it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back