giantguy99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I sometimes go onto Youtube and watch Japanese tea ceremonies like this one right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tt7NBIVeMY. I was just wondering who else here would actually be into doing this as well? I watch these because I find it relaxing and I was just curious if there's anyone else that is into watching Japanese tea ceremonies as well?

I've never seen this before, but it was restful. How interesting. It made me want a cup of tea. I think I do experience the essence of this peace on mornings where I don't have to take my wife someplace. She has her tea and I my coffee. I've walked the dog and gotten the newspaper. It is then that I sit down in the kitchen, have my coffee and read the newspaper. Sometimes in the summer, I will do this on our sun porch. It's not so much the drink, as finding a sense of peace and enjoyment. Thanks for sharing.

I'd love to do a tea ceremony too. I haven't watched them but it really fascinates me. I'd be so scared of doing something wrong though.

I have to learn this. So relaxing.

dogboy said:
I've never seen this before, but it was restful. How interesting. It made me want a cup of tea. I think I do experience the essence of this peace on mornings where I don't have to take my wife someplace. She has her tea and I my coffee. I've walked the dog and gotten the newspaper. It is then that I sit down in the kitchen, have my coffee and read the newspaper. Sometimes in the summer, I will do this on our sun porch. It's not so much the drink, as finding a sense of peace and enjoyment. Thanks for sharing.

Well ironically this was just random stuff that I searched for on Google. Just type in Japanese (or Chinese) tea ceremony and this is what comes up. I think I will search on Google just the words Tea ceremony and see what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Rani said:
I'd love to do a tea ceremony too. I haven't watched them but it really fascinates me. I'd be so scared of doing something wrong though.

I don't think you would have much to fear actually. You see that person in the video I posted above most likely had to start where you are at right now. Chances are good she learned quite a bit before she worked up enough nerve to be confident of doing that in front of anyone else much less a crowd like the internet. You can practice as much as you want even if it takes you 10 years to get any good you can take that much time in order to be able to be confident with yourself. Don't let fear control you. :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

plasticsounds said:
I have to learn this. So relaxing.

Le me know if you find something on the internet that teaches people how to do this if you could please. :smile:

I wonder if she's in a meditative state when she does this. It's quite possible because it might also take a certain discipline.

dogboy said:
I wonder if she's in a meditative state when she does this. It's quite possible because it might also take a certain discipline.

She seems in a quiet stage, like nothing bad will bother her it seems. That's an ability everyone should have.

I just found this on Google literally like 5 minutes before I even made this post. It seems to be quite educational. Be advised I have not watched this whole Youtube video so I cannot presume if this is or is not a good idea to watch(I don't make assumptions but it has a good initial impression though so it deserves that much credit and probably more). However it seems to be extremely helpful in understanding that there are multiple reasons to get into this other then just to relax I think. Please let me know what you think of this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4tEdaNmwzA

Snivy said:
She seems in a quiet stage, like nothing bad will bother her it seems. That's an ability everyone should have.

Yeah, I feel at peace when I'm sitting down in the morning having that first cup of coffee. I know I'm going to read through our small local newspaper and I'll enjoy doing that. It doesn't happen every morning because my wife has a lot of different appointments that I have to take her to. This Monday we start training on a new dialysis machine and we'll have to be there four days a week at 8 a.m. I'm not looking forward to losing my mornings, but the machine will take less time to prep and less on maintenance. Once we're trained, I'll get my mornings back and things will be better.

dogboy said:
Yeah, I feel at peace when I'm sitting down in the morning having that first cup of coffee. I know I'm going to read through our small local newspaper and I'll enjoy doing that. It doesn't happen every morning because my wife has a lot of different appointments that I have to take her to. This Monday we start training on a new dialysis machine and we'll have to be there four days a week at 8 a.m. I'm not looking forward to losing my mornings, but the machine will take less time to prep and less on maintenance. Once we're trained, I'll get my mornings back and things will be better.

As long as you are with your wife, that is technically your morning so your mornings have yet to change. On the other hand, I can only assume you like waking up to peace and quiet everyday, you need some kind of action once ina while. Should I swing by in the morning one day and gun my engine to wake you up? At least you can say "I always had a quiet morning till this happened..."

Snivy said:
As long as you are with your wife, that is technically your morning so your mornings have yet to change. On the other hand, I can only assume you like waking up to peace and quiet everyday, you need some kind of action once ina while. Should I swing by in the morning one day and gun my engine to wake you up? At least you can say "I always had a quiet morning till this happened..."

Haha...you can, but don't be surprised if I greet you padded as that's how I usually go to bed. At least you'd be the only person who would come to my door where I wouldn't feel the need to hide the padding! Last morning the door bell rang before we were fully up. It was the UPS guy and sure enough, I was diapered underneath my sweats, so the Zen wasn't exactly there that morning! The amusement factor was, however.

dogboy said:
Haha...you can, but don't be surprised if I greet you padded as that's how I usually go to bed. At least you'd be the only person who would come to my door where I wouldn't feel the need to hide the padding! Last morning the door bell rang before we were fully up. It was the UPS guy and sure enough, I was diapered underneath my sweats, so the Zen wasn't exactly there that morning! The amusement factor was, however.

Oh dear god... :laugh: hahaha.

I have always found the Japanese to have a very interesting culture, and would love to see japan some day.

Well I watched this YouTube video and found out more about tea ceremony's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4tEdaNmwzA

It seems to help me appreciate normal everyday life more right down to something as simple as appreciating the sound of water boiling. It is true that most westerners (like myself) are always in such a hurry that we forget to slow down and not burn ourselves out. In real life I usually tend to run around like a chicken without a head but this seems to prevent that from being a problem. That appears to be one of the reasons why tea ceremony's even occur apparently. To help people learn to appreciate simple things and to know life in everything.

Is there anyone else that happens to know more about tea ceremony's?

I've just learned to not be surprised by anything from Japan now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back