Last to know, as usual. (Anyone else?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyNyssa

Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Okay, so.

I thought my liking of little things just extended to younger girl type toys. Ponies, Barbies and such. Turns out I played a trick on myself. As time went on, I realized that I also bought:

~ Two sippy cups, both adorable. (They were just SO cute in design, after all.)
~ Many vintage 80's baby blankets. (LOVE the fabric!)
~ Super-absorbent extra huge pads (Just in case... of what exactly? I have control, and my periods are NOT catastrophic, so why??)

...And then I realized I slowed down in the baby section while shopping. I looked at cribs. (Oh wow, this one is cute...) and the diaper aisle. (I wonder if those big ones would fit me...)

The diaper aisle is what gave me pause. I realized something.
That stuff I kept buying? I didn't want it for a future child. I wanted it for ME.

...Yet again, I was the last to know.

Is this common? Have any of you guys been in a similar situation?

Not really that much, I've always known how much I was into baby stuff, though it did grow as I got older.

I had this happen to me wit things that rattle. I bought a teether toy out of curiosity, and discovered by joyous accident that it had a rattle in it. I discovered that I liked the rattling noise more than the teether. I walked through the baby isle just to see what else they had that made rattle noises and bought some really cute animal plush toys, one has a music box in it. Yeah, the baby section is a lot of fun.

As a child my mom remembers me being VERY reluctant to go down the diaper row at our local Kroger's and I would usually throw a fit and we'd have to take another route or she would grab what we needed in there without me (but still keeping an eye on me, of course). When we inevitably did have to go down the row, I would put my head in my shirt, jacket, or hat so I wouldn't have to see the packages.

kitterdafoxy said:
As a child my mom remembers me being VERY reluctant to go down the diaper row at our local Kroger's and I would usually throw a fit and we'd have to take another route or she would grab what we needed in there without me (but still keeping an eye on me, of course). When we inevitably did have to go down the row, I would put my head in my shirt, jacket, or hat so I wouldn't have to see the packages.

Do you know why? Like was it being embarassed or something?

kitterdafoxy said:

I vaguely remember doing something similar to this too. Some reason I was embarrassed by diapers, so one time when I was threatened to be put in them again for bed wetting, I was terrified. Don't know why I was, especially when my fascination with diapers came shortly after that.

Tyger said:
I vaguely remember doing something similar to this too. Some reason I was embarrassed by diapers, so one time when I was threatened to be put in them again for bed wetting, I was terrified. Don't know why I was, especially when my fascination with diapers came shortly after that.

I kind of did something like that when I was into my early teens like 13-15 (when i first started to think about wanting to wear diapers) where I would get really nervous and sort of try to hide my face a bit and curl up on the couch whenever a TV commercial came on that had something to do with diapers or baby stuff. Don't think anyone really noticed though.

it was a similar thing up until I came out a few months before I turned 13 I would do the same thing with TV ads about hompohobia or with kind of camp guys in them.

I think I know what you're talking about. People in the AB/DL community tend to branch out in their interests. Like, when I was younger, I was only into diapers, nothing else really appealed to me for whatever reason. Then I found this site a couple years back and after reading about other peoples interests I started getting curious about pacifiers, plushies, thumb sucking, bottles, and all sorts of other baby related things. Now I love all of those things. Funny how that works.

theQMan ~
That happened to me in reverse. :) My interest in the various accoutrements came first, followed VERY much later by the pull-ups obsession, then finally the more "legit" diapers.

This thread fascinates me. I started liking diapers first; real, baby ones. I viewed that as the core component of my desire and I assumed that my draw to the periphery of infantilism was simple escalation typical of fetishists. Reading what you all have to say makes me think it might have been more complicated than that. Although I know that escalation is a part of it. Every time I've added a new element (dummy, bottle, toys, etc.) it's made the fantasy more palpable.

Tyger said:
I had this happen to me wit things that rattle. I bought a teether toy out of curiosity, and discovered by joyous accident that it had a rattle in it. I discovered that I liked the rattling noise more than the teether. I walked through the baby isle just to see what else they had that made rattle noises and bought some really cute animal plush toys, one has a music box in it. Yeah, the baby section is a lot of fun.

Yeah, me too. :) It's not even the toy, it's just the rattly bit on the inside that makes me happy. I have several with different "sorts" of rattles. Higher pitched, lower pitched, "thumpy", etc. Very fun to play with.

I had something similar to this when it came to blankies and cuddly toys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back