Status
Not open for further replies.

blueberry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Has anyone seen the new Depend Silhouette Active Fit commercial? Thoughts?

Ive never really been a fan of Depends(I use Abena M4's) but I think its cool to finally see some younger people in an adult diaper commercial.

[video=youtube;f_mJmL5B47c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_mJmL5B47c[/video]

Interesting. I shall have to keep an eye out for those....whenever they get to Canada.....lol

Unfortunately, they're for "lighter use," which is code for "You thought Depend products didn't hold much before, these things are nearly useless."

-RMS

^ lmao

Just as I thought! Everyone is now wearing diapers!!!!

dogboy said:
Just as I thought! Everyone is now wearing diapers!!!!

Seriously though!! Wouldn't that be awesome! If we all walked out our front doors into a crowd of people and everyone was wearing a diaper(like in the commercial) one can dream right?? Haha

Depends is really pushing this concept of adult diapers. This is the third or fourth commercial where people are in public and showing their diapers.

Isn't silhouette in the same series as "real fit" or whatever that they market toward men? Good lord. I don't know why Kimberly-Clark even try with these things anymore, anyone in the community can attest to their worthlessness. I guess bringing positive attention to the idea of wearing is pretty cool, but surely they could at least beef up their products to coincide.

Silhouette is supposed to be the feminine discreet version, right?
Either way, the parent company for Depends is pushing adult diapers like nobody's business. A quote from the CEO even read something along the lines of birth rates are declining while senior count increases (along with the demand for incontinence care). The people are smart in trying to appeal to the public to find a market, but let's face it - it's Depends. A napkin has more absorbency than the diaper would ever dream of.
Silhouette is a rather new low, though. It may be thinner now and somewhat less noticeable, but what good does that serve if it leaks and fits poorly? All they have done is cut more corners on their already round product. It's nothing close to an upgrade. If you are considering Depends, at least consider the ones worth buying, not this rubbish. (If you can afford to find something a little more premium, please do. The effort will bring great reward, I promise.)

That concludes my rant, hope it helps!

Also, following the "diapers are hip" proposition, if you think a depends commercial is amazing, imagine what it would be like if they were wearing Abena or Bambino or something along those lines. Talk about a commercial! ;)

Dannor said:
Silhouette is supposed to be the feminine discreet version, right?
Either way, the parent company for Depends is pushing adult diapers like nobody's business. A quote from the CEO even read something along the lines of birth rates are declining while senior count increases (along with the demand for incontinence care). The people are smart in trying to appeal to the public to find a market, but let's face it - it's Depends. A napkin has more absorbency than the diaper would ever dream of.
Silhouette is a rather new low, though. It may be thinner now and somewhat less noticeable, but what good does that serve if it leaks and fits poorly? All they have done is cut more corners on their already round product. It's nothing close to an upgrade. If you are considering Depends, at least consider the ones worth buying, not this rubbish. (If you can afford to find something a little more premium, please do. The effort will bring great reward, I promise.)

That concludes my rant, hope it helps!

Also, following the "diapers are hip" proposition, if you think a depends commercial is amazing, imagine what it would be like if they were wearing Abena or Bambino or something along those lines. Talk about a commercial! ;)

Point very well taken....I like it, and I happen to be a Depends fan.....lol

I think woman might use it for other things. Like menstrual cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back