MatalicPebble

Lily Fathom
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I have been fasting my little time. I wanted to really get into the Bible and seek answers on this. I am a non-denominational Christian. I mostly do Bible study with my Brony friends sense my Joby and college studies gotten me so busy lately.

Has anyone else given something up for lent?

Usually for Lent I'll give up drinking, or ... um .. touching myself! ^///^

I don't actually like to only take on a negative pleasure deriving observance, I also like to add something into my life that makes me better.

This year has been one of the hardest things I've gone for, I decided to give up my free time to my family and friends. Not all of it (I'd go insane) but an hour a day on weekdays and four hours on the weekends... It's been really hard!!!

I've given up my sanity. Because I'm a church music director, I and the choir will be performing a cantata this Palm Sunday. It's demanding and somewhat difficult and we have just two more rehearsals. In addition, we had a community Lenten service at our church yesterday and much of it was music. Next Wednesday will be a community all music service which my men's group will be singing for. Then there's the big Easter service and the choir will be singing a big anthem. I will be playing a French toccata for the postlude, so there is much to do and it's all coming quickly.

Despite being a non-denominational Christian, I don't really do anything for such holidays; no real reason. I believe that as long as a person lives by the word of God and tries their best to be a better human being and treats others with respect and tolerance, God will surely allow said person into his kingdom.

Xzanza said:
... tries their best to be a better human being and treats others with respect and tolerance, God will surely allow said person into his kingdom.

Actually I'm pretty sure you only need the last part! LOL

Personally for me changing my routine and adding specific practices while observing Lent, or Advent, are not done out of a sense of external obligation or trying to 'do something for God', but out of a desire to improve *myself* and my *relationship* with God, though an act that brings *me* closer to God. It's also a thing that we can do in solidarity with our families, friends, church, and larger Chruch throughout the world! Totally respect all teh folks who chose not to, but I wanted to make my motivations clear.

P.S. Dogboy, your Palm Sunday plans sound *AWESOME*! Music at Easter is one of my favorite things about the season. Wish I could hear you all perform!

As a recovering Catholic, I honor my upbringing by giving up giving up things for Lent. I've had no problems following through for years.

I'm surprised to notice that fellow comrades are on here as well.

So, setting my rant about religion aside. You should live your life however you think you should live it. You should not let others dictate the terms of your living, no matter who are what they are, you are your own person, don't let anybody tell you otherwise or differently. If you want to live by the good book go right ahead, but if you have to change everything that makes you you and give up things you like just to fall into it's terms, it is best to not bother. You do what you like, regardless of what anything or anyone tells you.

Zenka said:
So, setting my rant about religion aside. You should live your life however you think you should live it. You should not let others dictate the terms of your living, no matter who are what they are, you are your own person, don't let anybody tell you otherwise or differently. If you want to live by the good book go right ahead, but if you have to change everything that makes you you and give up things you like just to fall into it's terms, it is best to not bother. You do what you like, regardless of what anything or anyone tells you.

Thank you! I appreciate your concern very much.

I can't speak for others, but for myself and for my personal observances they are very much voluntary offerings and gifts to those I love and whom I wish to be closer to.

It's undoubtedly true that many have suffered under the yoke of an imposed and oppressive faith ... not all of us tho! ;-)

Zenka said:

Thats the thing though. I love being a Christian. It keeps me out of trouble and I feel love. Even my Christian friends know that I am a bit different, but they still accept me. I would even bet that they would accept me still if I told them face to face about my little side. Of course under the right circumstances. I would hate to give some people the wrong idea. Also sorry guys for vanishing. I am trying to keep up with school, but I will be on summer VK and college will be on hold till fall. Promise

MatalicPebble said:
Thats the thing though. I love being a Christian. It keeps me out of trouble and I feel love. Even my Christian friends know that I am a bit different, but they still accept me. I would even bet that they would accept me still if I told them face to face about my little side. Of course under the right circumstances. I would hate to give some people the wrong idea. Also sorry guys for vanishing. I am trying to keep up with school, but I will be on summer VK and college will be on hold till fall. Promise

That's the thing though. Why do the two things collide? There is nothing i can remember in the bible that speaks against things like this in a broader term (unless you are Father Graham which believes that humans should not live with nay wordly pleasures, he's weird). You are not hurting anyone, if you were to find a mommy or a daddy to take care of them, you would in essence be good to them. Isn't that in essence what the bible teaches? To love everything and everyone as god has loved you? So technically wouldn't having a mommy or a daddy be considered good in the graces of god since both of you will have someone to love and care for in your own way?

Zenka said:
That's the thing though. Why do the two things collide?

I thought he was making the point that his Christian friends would be more accepting than other. After all, both are still a product of modern society... which is hardly accepting in the least!

I agree with you though... a loving relationship, that includes an unconventional kind of love and affectionate time (so long as it is not selfish or addiction), I think this must be only be a good thing in the eyes of God.

AdorableRabbit said:
I thought he was making the point that his Christian friends would be more accepting than other. After all, both are still a product of modern society... which is hardly accepting in the least!

I agree with you though... a loving relationship, that includes an unconventional kind of love and affectionate time (so long as it is not selfish or addiction), I think this must be only be a good thing in the eyes of God.

John 13:34 "A new command i give to you, Love one another as i have loved you, thus you should love one another"

Mathew 5:44 "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

Even if they don't accept him and hate them. It is in the bible, the sacred word of god, that he is even more deserving of love and compassion. Those most hated are most in need of love.

There is no reason why he should give it down. If his friends accept him, that is wonderful, if they don't accept him, the bible still commands that you love not just your friends and family, but your enemies alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back