I've been trying for a full year to find a way to avoid leaks with no luck. Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

hex000f

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I've tried all 3 sizes of bambino bessimelo (sp?) diapers and never had consistent luck avoiding leaks so I decided to post about it here. I also don't know what the best way to put them on standing up is.

I'm about 5 feet 7 inches and weigh 220 pounds

My waist is 43 inches where a belt goes.

However since I'm overweight, at my belly button its 47 inches.

Typically I put on diapers so that my belly sticks out the top and tape them on around where a belt would go. I suspect that when I first started I didn't know how to tape them on tightly enough to avoid sagging but I think I've mastered that now.

The medium size (they don't have a small) doesn't fit my waist, the large fits tightly, and the extra large still fits

I was hoping that if I gave my measurements someone with a similar size and shape could give me some advice such as what size do I fall under and where should the parts of the diaper be relative to my belly button (for ease of reference)?

edit: I just noticed a discrepancy between the size chart given here and what I found:
http://bambinodiapers.com/bellissimo-printed-diapers-c-13/?zenid=hagqa33i3lo5qjr1tus66eepg6
"One Medium fits waist 32 to 44 inches. One Large fits waist 44 to 58 inches." Yet mediums don't fit me at all somehow.

edit2: Even if no other tips are offered, if someone could explain what size I should trust out of the large and extra large that would be a great start, since I don't even know what size I should start with before I even think about how to put it on right.

Last edited:
Hi I had a few problems with leaky diapers. I now use a popper vest or a baby grow I'd know it as. It holds the diaper nice and tight and stops it slipping down. I've done many overnights in a wet diaper with no problems

hex000f said:
I've tried all 3 sizes of bambino bessimelo (sp?) diapers and never had consistent luck avoiding leaks so I decided to post about it here. I also don't know what the best way to put them on standing up is.

I'm about 5 feet 7 inches and weigh 220 pounds

My waist is 43 inches where a belt goes.

However since I'm overweight, at my belly button its 47 inches.

Typically I put on diapers so that my belly sticks out the top and tape them on around where a belt would go. I suspect that when I first started I didn't know how to tape them on tightly enough to avoid sagging but I think I've mastered that now.

The medium size (they don't have a small) doesn't fit my waist, the large fits tightly, and the extra large still fits

I was hoping that if I gave my measurements someone with a similar size and shape could give me some advice such as what size do I fall under and where should the parts of the diaper be relative to my belly button (for ease of reference)?

I think my measurements may be off. Either that, or the size chart here is:
http://bambinodiapers.com/bellissimo-printed-diapers-c-13/?zenid=hagqa33i3lo5qjr1tus66eepg6

have you tried using cloth diapers. I use pre fold diaper with pins and a vinyl pull on.

DannyBBaby said:
have you tried using cloth diapers. I use pre fold diaper with pins and a vinyl pull on.

Its a good thought but Cloth just doesn't appeal to me somehow.

So you are saying no leaks at night but some during the day? Where does it leak? What size waist and diaper and what brand? I don't feel secure in mine without PUL pants over the top and a thin booster between the diaper and pants. If anything makes it to the inside of the pants, the booster usually grabs it to a point.

Blueboy said:
Hi I had a few problems with leaky diapers. I now use a popper vest or a baby grow I'd know it as. It holds the diaper nice and tight and stops it slipping down. I've done many overnights in a wet diaper with no problems
You haven't really have enough information for us to eliminate ideas and such. We need to know how you wet, where does it leak, steps you've taken to try to fix the problem, what position are you in, do you flood? What diapers do you use or have used?

I know you did not ask for types of plastic pants, but have a look at these.

http://www.llmedico.com/product/18/gary-pull-on-plastic-bloomers/

Whenever I'm wearing a diaper I wear these plastic bloomers over it. I'm very active and sit and stand a lot, which usually will result in a minor leak at some point if I use the diaper to capacity. I am also a side sleeper so leaks are almost always inevitable with me and how much water I drink throughout the day. I have never had luck with brief style plastic pants. I personally do not mind extra moisture for a small period of time around my legs if it means I have dry pants with no leak noticeable.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
You haven't really have enough information for us to eliminate ideas and such. We need to know how you wet, where does it leak, steps you've taken to try to fix the problem, what position are you in, do you flood? What diapers do you use or have used?

Good point, I'll answer all those:

1. I generally wet standing up. I usually get leaks either from 1 large wetting, or from a 2nd wetting after a small one.

2. It leaks from between my legs, down my leg, but always my left leg. I only just realized that today that it every time I can remember it leaking it leaks on the left. Also, inspecting the diaper afterwards today I noticed that the padding outside of the leak guard on the left side is wet, but the right side isn't.

3. Sometimes. Since I generally only get small increments of time at a time to wear diaper I sometimes hold it for a while before putting a diaper on and wetting. However that is not how I'd ideally like to do it.

4. Bambino bellissimo. I've tried all 3 sizes. Medium (they don't make small) doesn't fit me. I prefer the fit of a large since it feels more snug but not to the point of it not fitting, though extra large does seem to fit too.

I'm guessing that you flood, waiting until you have a bursting bladder? When you do this, you're not giving ample time for the diaper to absorb. When you're voiding as usual, you are dispersing urine in to the same spot, and it collects at the same area of the diaper, at gravity's lowest point, which is in the center crotch of the diaper. A pool collects, and as you continue wetting, the diaper will be at max capacity at the center of gravity.

This is even worse after the initial void. You're already flooding an area that has lost it's absorbent power.

To fix this, all you have to do is stop holding to the breaking point, and control voiding output in to short spurts. Let the diaper work.

Another thing to try is to point the bottom tapes towards your belly button.

Also there's a common issue with Bellisimos, the bottom left tapes tend to detach from the back wing of the diaper and/or loosens the fit around the left leg. By loosening the fit around the legs ever so slightly, you'll help relieve the stress on the bottom tapes when the diaper expands from use.

Practice these techniques and see if they help improve your experience.

most of times the quality of diapers the thickness or the size counts
but some times diapers have their factory fault
how many times in the past i have found best brands with cut tapes or hole inside the cotton and many more
i wear diapers since 94- 95 and the most times that my diaper leaked was my wrong
the wrong i did was bad taping ''the lower tapes that hold the hips'' or taped the tapes so bad that the lines in the center of the diaper going abstract
if your taping goes wrong just untape and do it again.thank god the diapers today have better tapes to tape and retape for many times
20 years ago was hell.

May add some bulk but consider adding a soaker pad in the crotch of the diaper - if you are a real monsoon flooder then if there is room add another.
Try and remove the soaker pads as soon as possible so gravity does not overwhelm the diaper and the leaks begin. You obviously need to work on the
timing of the flow and the ability of the diaper material to absorb the flow before leakage. One other point the outer diaper cover does it have enough
spread in the crotch and the leg bands tight enough to partially contain the flooding until a change can be implemented ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back