Status
Not open for further replies.

babyboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I am wondering if there are any other diapers that are as wide between the legs and as absorbent as Bellissimo. What would be people recommend, it does not have to be a AB diaper, normal ones are ok

ABU Space Diapers should fit the bill.

ABU Space Diapers are actually a half inch wider, and just as capable as Belissimos. They are very similar beside the print. They will be about the same price when they start to sell by the case.

I would check out dry 24/7's. They're very thick and absorbent.

What do you not like about the Bellisimos? I prefer them over Dry 24/7 as the tapes are much better (though I would prefer white over prints, so I am awaiting the white ABUs)

Katarn89 said:
I would check out dry 24/7's. They're very thick and absorbent.

Thanks for the infomation on a non AB diaper that fits the bill. My next question is where would you look a getting them, aka what are your go to suppliers for this brand.

- - - Updated - - -

Kenn said:
What do you not like about the Bellisimos? I prefer them over Dry 24/7 as the tapes are much better (though I would prefer white over prints, so I am awaiting the white ABUs)

There is nothing I don't like about Bellisimos, it that AB diapers tend to sell out of the size I want. I can wear a large (I have a 38" waist) but I like to go up a size to feel smaller (so an XL), but AB companies tend to sell out and be out of stock for a while (Bambanos, have been out of XL, classico, teddie for over 2 months now, and they just went out of stock on the Bellisimos) and I like to buy on my 1st pay day of the month so I can keep my finances in order. So it will be go check the ones I want at the AB places, if they are sold out, I can go get the non-AB ones that are closer to what I want.

I agree the Dry 24/7's are a great diaper I wear them 24/7 now If you are in Canada you can get them from AgeComfort.com I just picked up 3 cases yesterday.

the new AwwSoCute kitten diapers are worth considering too. they're also very wide in the crotch. so are crinklz. kittens are cheaper and in stock at diaperconn

In the US, Dry 24/7 is available at Dry247.com or xpmedical.com. I personally prefere ordering from XPmedical due to their lower case prices. Their customer service and discrete shipping is top notch. Have not used Dry247.com except for my first case about 2009ish and have no clue how ordering from that website would be at this time.

I second the suggestion to Dry 24/7. They are wide in the crotch, similarly absorbent (better in my opinion), and are a top-quality plain white diaper.

Northshore is also a good place to buy dry 24/7's.

ABU Space. No comparison. Essentially a better Bellissimo, if that's what you want.

Babyboy,
I'm not sure if you are looking for a printed diaper or all white, but will help you the best I can. Bambino Bellissimo diapers are 8" wide between the legs (padding) from my measurement on a medium diaper. Other diapers that measure 8" are: Abu Space diaper, Comficare (discontinued), Dc Amor. The Amor is about the same thickness as the Bellissimo and just as absorbent. The Space and Comficare are thicker and probably slightly more absorbent. The Space and Amor diapers have a larger fit/feel than a Bellissimo (larges should work for you??), the Comficare has a smaller fit (lower bottom tapes).

If you want more between your legs the Rearz (Spoiled, Inspire, Spoiled Safari) are a whopping 9" of padding between the legs and hold as much (if not more) than a Bellissimo.

Close contenders are: Awwsocute with 7.5" padding width, NorthShore supreme 7" (these fluff up nice and thick), Abena 7" and ConfiDry 24/7 (7"). If you are inbetween large and extra large with most brands, I recommend trying the ConfiDry in size large (they are sized larger than almost every other brand). I hope this helps!

Reactions: babyboy
I wouldn't go with Dry 24/7 all in right now. The diapers I've received recently aren't very absorbent at all. I've used to be able to give them a good run but now they seem to be an Abena at best. The padding falls apart badly. If you're not wearing a onesie, it's going to be all in the front or back.

The new ABU Space diapers (about to start selling by the case soon) is on par with Belissimo, a little wider in the crotch, slightly higher capacity, and they have a smoother plastic than Belissimo. They are going to be releasing an all white version of this diaper soon for the plain white lovers.

The only thing I'm waiting for is for the new owners of ABU to resolve stock issues that have plagued the market as a whole.

Thanks for all the info guys. I see 2 time frames on the info here. Friday will be the time I buy my next lot (as I said I like to buy in a lot for a month) and there is one that I could look at for the future (Friday's buy will not work for the space diapers as there is a limit on them right now, and as with other AB diapers I am not sure they are always going to be available, sold out is a nasty phrase when you want to buy something, as AB diapers do tend to sell out, and take time to get in, the nature of being in a second market we have to wait for what we want. Just the nature of the business we want to conduct, supply chain stuff are a pain) For now it is looking like Dri 24/7 might be the oh shoot my suppliers are out of what I want, I need diapers for the next month I will grab these (but looking at the Rearz site that might not be an issue this months order)

Now to the Rearz, being they are in CA, and needing to ship internationally to me in the US, how long would that take, I am use to after an order see it in about 5 days, am I going to be looking at 50%, 100%, or more time in shipping, customs and all? I really loved the measurements that DLMunky gave there, being an 1" wider makes me want to try them.

Also any ETA when the space diapers will be sold in packs of 30 or more, right now it is packs of 8 with a limit of 2 (and currently sold out)

Dry 24/7's are my current favoerite diaper since bellissimo's have slowly changed for the worse over the last 2-3 years. However they are not as wide as bellissimo's but are or nearly are as absorbent as them.

babyboy said:
There is nothing I don't like about Bellisimos, it that AB diapers tend to sell out of the size I want. I can wear a large (I have a 38" waist) but I like to go up a size to feel smaller (so an XL)....

I do too. I have a lying down waist of 30" which should require a medium but I prefer the large.

dude i love the north shore supreme diapers, i've tried bambino, dry 24/7, Abena, Sani care, A+ brand (they suck seriously i pulled mine off one day and the back was open ALL of the padding including the wet padding went onto the damn floor!) northshore are thick, a bit stiff or you can fluff them up, they don't bunch and they feel amazing, did i mention they can hold A LOT of wettings.

TunZuhPhun said:
A+ brand (they suck seriously i pulled mine off one day and the back was open ALL of the padding including the wet padding went onto the damn floor!)

A+ are best kept dry or used for overnight, wet padding will not stay put otherwise. The A+/4 is actually a very good overnight diaper, and the 3 I wear a lot during the day "just to be padded" - for that they're by far the cheapest all white with soft plastic shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back