Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyPup91

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Well I got my first onesie, which I love. I have a question for anyone who knows anything about onesies or owns one. I'm having a problem with the snaps either the left or right side coming undone. Would that be a length, chest or waist measurement issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long have you had the onsie and did this just start or has it been happening since you got it?

How often do you wear it and how often do you wash it?

Where did you get the onsie from?

The answer to these questions can help in answering your question.

BabyDenise said:
How long have you had the onsie and did this just start or has it been happening since you got it?

How often do you wear it and how often do you wash it?

Where did you get the onsie from?

The answer to these questions can help in answering your question.

I just got the onesie Monday and I've worn it twice and the snaps have been doing this since I got it. I got the onesie from crinkle crate, but it says on the tag it's from stay padded designer abdl apparel. Haven't washed it yet.

Most of the clothes I wear are loose-fitting, and that includes any "little" outfits I own, even onesies. The ones I get have strong snaps and they don't come loose when sleeping. I wear XL shirts but my onesies are a tad bigger even though the tiny tags say "XL."

My advice: get a onesie that's a size bigger than your normal shirts and shrink it down a bit in the wash.

I have found that it seems every onesie sizing chart is different. It seem difficult to determine the correct sizing from the charts as few give you measuring instructions. Also you need to know if you should be wearing a diaper while measuring or if there is an allowance build into the chart. Sizing charts could be in men's or woman's cuts which cloud the water even more. A man may have to go up one to two sizes and a woman would have to go down one to two depending on the chart.

I have bought onesies from Kins (Babykins), ABU, and a friend. The Kins one fit quite well for the most part but depending on the fabric not all mediums fit the same. They have since discontinued some of the fabric choices and the ones they sell now are similar in fit even after washing. ABU oneies fit longer and I might have been better off getting a small instead of a medium. But they have elastic around the legs that give them a different look and fit. I don't mine them fitting longer since they look a little more like a romper than onesie when I wear them. ABU is going to add regular fit to their sizing charts which will give you a choice of a shorter body length. The one I bought from my friend is a XL which was most likely sized on a women's sizing chart as it fits the same as my other ones.

The popping snaps sounds like one of two things, bad snaps or the size is too small. If you wash the onesie it will most likely shrink a little, sadly this may make the problem worse. If you keep the one you have you could try replacing the snaps with better ones from a sewing store. It is not the easiest job to do and the fabric could suffer a little.

Well, I appreciate all the advice, thank you all very much. I think I've found out what the problem is though. I found that I was off on my waist and chest size. Surprisingly, I had the length right even with a diaper on. I had guessed on my waist size by the size pants I wear and figured chest would be a little bit smaller. Come to find out according to the measuring tape I have, pants size and onesie sizes are a lil different. Thank you again everyone for your help and advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back