Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpyFace

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Hey all,
Thinking of making a home-made washable diaper out of some spare undies I have. Any ideas on how to make them absorbent and water tight?
I was thinking of getting two pairs and putting absorbent stuff and plastic in between before sewing them up but then I have the issue
of having to change the absorbent padding every time, so I would love to hear your ideas.
- Derpface

I think your best bet would be to take some towels and fold/pin them on like a cloth diaper, then cut some leg holes in a plastic bag and use that as a covering.

DerpyFace said:
Hey all,
Thinking of making a home-made washable diaper out of some spare undies I have. Any ideas on how to make them absorbent and water tight?
I was thinking of getting two pairs and putting absorbent stuff and plastic in between before sewing them up but then I have the issue
of having to change the absorbent padding every time, so I would love to hear your ideas.
- Derpface

That is exactly how I started out. I used 3 cotton briefs, a bath towel and a kitchen trash bag.

I would put on one cotton brief then fold the bath towel in half then in thirds (to make a pad). Hold the towel in my crotch while pulling the other brief on over it. I'd take the trash bag and poke two holes in the bottom on the front side of it and pull it on. the last pair of briefs would go over the whole thing. The excess trash bag at the top can be rolled up and tucked into the waistband of the first pair of briefs.

I used this setup for years when first experimenting with diapers. It works great at containing #1 and #2 but poopy cleanups can be a chore.

Reactions: Ghosted
If you've got some large safety pins handy, a couple of towels or a flannel bed-sheet can make a fine cloth diaper. No undies required. I wouldn't count on a trash bag to hold back a flood, but provided you've got enough absorbency through the crotch and you regulate your flow a bit, a trash bag can serve mainly to separate your wet diaper from your clothing (or bedding, or whatever). It'll work fine for that.

Mainly out of curiosity (because I had plenty of other diapers at the time), I did once try using a flannel sheet as a cloth diaper, and it worked quite well. Traditional flat cloth diapers for babies are usually between 29 and 36 inches on a side before folding, and if you scale that up proportionally for an adult, you're quickly in bed-sheet-size territory. There are a bunch of traditional cloth diaper folds that work well for adults only when you start with an appropriately-sized (gigantic) piece of material like this.

Another nice thing about bath towels and flannel sheets is that they're available in all kinds of fun, childish prints, so if you need an ABDL cloth diaper that can "hide in plain sight", these things are perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back