Abu

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
I noticed that when comparing bambino diapers price for single pack vs abu that the Bambinos seemed like a higher cost. Are the bambinos a higher quality diaper, or the prices just higher compared to abu ?

I've never tried Bambino diapers but have heard that recently they've been inflating their prices for no real reason.

I hear they're good quality but hear more complaints in regard to Bambino vs ABU.

I've tried ABU Little Pawz before and they're marvelous. Plus I'm just a fan of their prints much more than Bambino but that's just me.
I'd still go ABU. Great quality with great customer service too.

I love the Bambino Ultrastretch and Magnifico's, because they have velcro tabs, but ABU probably has better Customer Service. Because I'm not an AB, the AB(U) makes me a bit uncomfortable.

qwertyqwerty said:
I noticed that when comparing bambino diapers price for single pack vs abu that the Bambinos seemed like a higher cost. Are the bambinos a higher quality diaper, or the prices just higher compared to abu ?
I use both ABU and Bambino diapers. Bambino are more expensive. However, they hold more urine.

Sent from my U673C using Tapatalk

I've tried both. Personally I vastly prefer ABU, they seem like the more quality diaper and they are more comfortable to me, plus I've gotten a few messed up diapers from bambino, like something went wrong at the factory. No a lot, but often enough to be a problem. I guess I never really looked at prices, because I always thought that surely bambino would be cheaper. Guess I'm wrong.

Bambino have stayed around the same relative price point (adjusted for inflation) for their entire life on the market (they also hold only very limited sales) and has only slowly introduced new products. ABU on the other hand has been very competitive with price and has been innovating throughout their history.

I keep some teddy on hand all the time because they're a nice return to what used to be the only decent ABDL diaper available on the market, but they've definitely lost their edge over time. They're probably fine for the majority of users because their standard line has good capacity and features, and their premium cost line (magnifico and bellissimo) has added features and higher capacity. But if you want everyday high capacity or best value for the capacity, ABU is the way to go. If I had to pick one diaper for daytime and one diaper for overnight for the rest of my life, it'd be Preschool (plastic) and Simple because they're the best rounded for me in those two roles.

Bambino is a bit lacking in the customer service department also. They don't seem to have ever shown their face here, and their email response, while available, isn't quite as responsive and interested in helping.

I'd like to see them stick around though, we do owe them one for making ABDL a bit more mainstream and opening the market - showing the next generation of vendors that there's a market here that wants some attention and will give a good return on participation. Although I think it would have gotten here sooner or later, growth in this market would have been much slower without their help, and a lot of us would be tolerating medical grade diapers instead of ABDL good and premiums today.

It looks like they've just chosen to go with the "slow and steady" approach, and that's fine if the market will allow it. There's not a lot of change needed in this niche, a diaper's a diaper. Yeah we've gotten improved patterns, leak guards, and front/back elastic, but there's not all that much of a demand for innovation here. "Steady as she goes" is probably a perfectly valid long-term strategy here.

bambinod said:
They're probably fine for the majority of users because their standard line has good capacity and features, and their premium cost line (magnifico and bellissimo) has added features and higher capacity.

I'd kill for them to get the Magnifico line down to around $1.67 a diaper. They've quickly become my favorite diaper since I started looking for an alternative to the Abena L4s, but they're just so damned pricey I couldn't possibly order them for every day use. I'd buy 4 times as many and I'd buy that every month if they could get them down to that price point.

Mauxx said:
I'd kill for them to get the Magnifico line down to around $1.67 a diaper. They've quickly become my favorite diaper since I started looking for an alternative to the Abena L4s, but they're just so damned pricey I couldn't possibly order them for every day use. I'd buy 4 times as many and I'd buy that every month if they could get them down to that price point.

Yeah that's what their standard teddy line is at right now iirc. (by the case of course) I doubt the magnificos will ever be priced to be a daily usage diaper. I can only assume they've ran the numbers and decided this is their best price point though.

I just noticed, the magnifico pullups are priced much lower than the tape-ons, the large are $72/40. You might want to consider them.

(it looks like the medium are out of stock in samples, bags, AND cases.... good thing I'm a bit more.... geeeeenerous)

Last edited:
The Magnifico pants are Horrible though.

I use Bambinos when ABU is out of what I want. I usually go for the biancos or the teddy print. Never tried magnificos as I admit the cost is a bit steep so I always end up rationalizing for quantity over quality. I do like the free shipping though and the ability of holding my package at FedEx. But I've even noticed the drop in quality of Bambinos. When they first came out, they were heavenly. Real thick and cozy. Now they are much thinner, don't hold up as well.
Still glad they are around although I really miss their big sample packs.

Tommycombs said:
I use Bambinos when ABU is out of what I want. I usually go for the biancos or the teddy print. Never tried magnificos as I admit the cost is a bit steep so I always end up rationalizing for quantity over quality. I do like the free shipping though and the ability of holding my package at FedEx. But I've even noticed the drop in quality of Bambinos. When they first came out, they were heavenly. Real thick and cozy. Now they are much thinner, don't hold up as well.
Still glad they are around although I really miss their big sample packs.

What really sets the Magnificos apart, imo, is the fact that the Tapes are almost impossible to tear or come unstuck. Like, if you've got to stay in a same diaper for a long time and do a lot of sitting and standing they are definitely worth. I kind of wish that system would become industry standard. Like, the ABU Preschools with that taping system would just be a total home-run both in terms of being authentic for ABDLs and for usability for the Disabled.

Part of why Bambino has not done a lot of changes to their products, especially the Bellissimos, is that most people who wear them like them the way they are. Not everybody is going to appreciate the Velcro tabs and the stretch sides on the Magnificos, especially when someone is at the smaller end of the size scale. Another disadvantage, is that they cannot be tightly secured for sanitation. I would rather the companies NOT go 100% towards the Velcro fasteners and stretch sides.

Honeywell6180 said:
Another disadvantage, is that they cannot be tightly secured for sanitation.
I'm just kind of curious as to what you mean. I've been wearing them as much as I can when I can afford them, and I'm both bladder and bowel incontinent, I don't think I've had a problem with sanitation. But now I'm kind of worried if I just didn't notice, heh.

Honeywell6180 said:
Another disadvantage, is that they cannot be tightly secured for sanitation. I would rather the companies NOT go 100% towards the Velcro fasteners and stretch sides.

Sorry, but I disagree on this statement, because regular tape tabs aren't any better. I normally have to use packing tape on the used diapers. Velcro tabs works better for me and others when putting them on too.Just because velcro doesnt work for some, the same goes for tape tabs.

12srepaid said:
Sorry, but I disagree on this statement, because regular tape tabs aren't any better. I normally have to use packing tape on the used diapers. Velcro tabs works better for me and others when putting them on too.Just because velcro doesnt work for some, the same goes for tape tabs.

Well, you already have two options from Bambino, and apparently they must be working well for you. I will continue to buy what works for me.

I was exclusively a bambino customer for a long, long time. Since the Teddy was first introduced.

However, due to them thinning down their diapers, inconsistent (and I mean VERY inconsistent) quality between various batches of diapers, ignored emails, and them raising costs substantially--I'll not be buying from them ever again unless things change.

For right now, and hopefully well into the future, ABU diapers (specifically the LittlePaws/Space) have been IT for me as far as diapers go. I like Rearz Safari a lot, but--as they're more expensive to import from Canada, ABU has been my number one for a while now. They're incredible.

We owe a great deal of gratitude to bambino, for what they did in the past. But these days, there's frankly just too many other competitors that are doing a better job, at a more reasonable price point--for me to justify buying from them knowing I'd be getting a thinner, flimsier product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back