Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I Love Wearing them but i noticed i leak Too Often and i am bladder/Diaper shy. The ones at the Moments Are inkontinente Pads which i Dekorated but the ones i drew on get on my clothes. I tried dry Nites, at least i Know im good with them. The diapers at the Moment were £5.99 and i got 3 Packs and were on offer, the drynites Are £5.26 and i get 3 packs of 9 , should i Switch back to drynites Or Quit diapers all together and beide my Time?

- - - Updated - - -

If i decided to Quit i will use up my diapers i am not throwing away my Money

It's really up to you.
How do you feel when you are out of nappies v the way you feel when you are in nappys.
Some people by the more expensive type, for when they have AB little time.
Some of us wear 24/7 And have gone through a process of elimination to find the right nappy for them.
You might like to try Terry towelling Nappies with plastic pants. Although there are more expensive to buy. You just wash them and where again.
Or you may go for a thicker disposable nappie.

Hope this help you.

Sisi

I find ist difficult to find the right one but drynites seem better than the ones i have now. Im not sure Whether i should wear at bed Or just Switch Brands Or mit at all. When i say i am Diaper shy i find ist Hard to wet my Diaper especially in Front of people

Well, I don't see what the purpose of completely quitting would be. I'd say, test out new diapers when it is safe to test them out, such as in your bedroom. Wear whatever you need for backup protection if you feel like you need it at other moments of the day, but try to use the bathroom if you are concerned about the diaper you are wearing being a leaky one. After a while you will figure out what diaper or mix of products works well for you to safely and comfortably navigate your day.

Personally, I wear a Certainties diaper which is a cheap walgreens brand, then I put a baby diaper or two as a booster pad on the inside (and use a tool to poke a bunch of holes in the baby diapers so they soak well), then I put on a plastic pant to keep safe in case my certainty can't hold it all, and on top of all of that, I wear an all in one cloth diaper so it is cute, and extra protection. Plus, it has an added benifit, If I need to change out of my diaper, I can toss the certainty with the baby diapers in the trash, and then I take my outer layer all in one cloth diaper and put it on inside with my plastic pants on the outside, and wala, new diaper while in public without the need of a diaper bag.

This works pretty well for me, because i'm really tall and wear baggy pants and a long shirt, which works well with my height. Some other method, or even this one, will work for you, and you will figure it out, but I don't think it is worth getting discouraged over a leaky diaper, just test out new options in a safe space so the leaks happen where nobody is watching.

Argo stupid tablet, I deleted my post instead of editing it...

Anyway there is no need to stop diapering unless you really, really want to. Just try other ones, or back to the ones you do like.

Take care, cheers! :)

I think Tyger gives some really good advice. Plastic pants and multiple layers are the best security against leaking. A lot of store brand diapers are also pretty thin and designed for little bits at a time, so they won't hold up well if you pee a lot, especially if you flood all at once. The higher quality diapers, especially the ABDL ones, are designed to withstand more, and to repeat, layers are the best of all.

It sounds like based on your purchasing habit that you don't have a ton of cash available, so I'd suggest going slowly, trying out the diapers you can get (maybe try cutting slits in one and double or tripling up), and see if you can find a way to use them that works without leaking.

I will Try Some more diapers. Its not Worth Having up yet. I think i was in a Purge mood when my prozacs warnt in effect

sisi said:

It's really up to you.
How do you feel when you are out of nappies v the way you feel when you are in nappys.
Some people by the more expensive type, for when they have AB little time.
Some of us wear 24/7 And have gone through a process of elimination to find the right nappy for them.
You might like to try Terry towelling Nappies with plastic pants. Although there are more expensive to buy. You just wash them and where again.
Or you may go for a thicker disposable nappie.

Hope this help you.

Sisi

I will agree with you on the cloth diapers! I absolutely love them and they can hold a great amount and with the plastic pants over them I have never found any leaks really.

Don't give up if it's something you really enjoy! I know I must sound like a spokes person for ABUniverse by this point, but I swear, they are the single greatest things ever. I haven't had one leak on me yet even after three heavier wettings, and they're super cute and comfy as well!

I've been considering giving them up for quite some time. I have no incontinence whatsoever so I don't need them. I really don't act babyish in any way even when I'm wearing diapers. when I wear them I'm just a grown man in a diaper for no other reasons than comfort and arousal. I'm far more comfortable being completely nude anyway. odds are though if I gave up wearing diapers I'd start wearing them again in the not-too-distant future and if I didn't it would be a secret past as if it were a crime that I had gotten away with

Well, it's your choice if you give up diapers or not. If you enjoy it and can afford it though then why quit? But yeah, if your diapers leak then it's time to buy an other brand. I would deffinitely suggest going back to the Dry Nites, if they worked well for you.

You might also want to gether information before you buy. Go on reatail web sites and read up on the features of the diaper. As others have mentioned, a lot of products are intended for little leaks, not the release of a full bladder. When you find a product you might like seek out impartial review and see what people say about it. This also gives you the added benefit of knowing exactly what you are getting before you go to the store. Milling around in the incountinance isle reading labels and weighing your choices can be a bit emberrasing.

You might also want to try shopping at medical supply stores instead of regualar pharmacies and drug stores. Drug store breands tend to be of lower quality for people with minor incountinance, whereas medical supply stores stock diapers for people who have no controll whatstoever. Some of these products can hold multiple wettings no problem and never leak, but they do tend to be more expensive.

And don't worry about being diaper shy. Forcing yourself to pee is just about the worst thing you can do. Be sure you are wearing a diaper you can trust, then relax. Let your bladder fill up and don't worry about making yourself go. The pressure might get a bit uncomfortable, but eventually your bladder will release all on its own if you let it.

Also; if a product isn't working for you (weather it is a diaper or a dress) don't think you have to use it just because you spent money on it. This is actually a fallacy. If you bought a dress and later decided it looks terrible on you there would be no sense in wearing it just because you had paid good money for it. You have already lost your money, there is no need to go around looking bad on top of it. Likewise, diapers are supposed to keep you dry, and if they don't do that then there is no sense using them anyway. Your money gone. If you can find a way to modify said dress or diaper so it does work for you then that's and other story, but don't feel obliged to use them.

I'm in in a similar situation. After finding out about this community a few years ago, I finally gave in and bought some original Waddlers last year (the overnights were out of stock at the time). The experience did not live up to my expectations, and I now think that me using diapers just wasn't meant to be.

When I was lying down in bed while wearing them I had several problems:

• When I was lying on my back for too long, and occasionally moving to a more comfortable position, sometimes the front plasting backing tore open.
  • When I was using it while resting on my sides, it would often leak out around my waistline.
  • Sleeping while wearing also made my legs stiff and sore in the morning for some reason.

My other problems included:

• If I was not careful enough when undoing the tapes to adjust them, they would tear open the landing zone and the plastic backing underneath.
  • Whenever I sat down in a used diaper, it almost always started seeping out around my legs and created a big mess.
  • Whenever I wore them while eating, I needed to keep the upper tapes very loose. Otherwise, the pressure against my lower belly quickly made me extremely nauseous for some reason.
  • I live with my parents, and it has been extremely difficult and nerve-wracking to hide all of this from them. There were many occasions when I felt like I was going to have a heart attack, even though I am very healthy.
Was I doing anything wrong, or are diapers really not as good as I had originally thought?

You've just had a bad experience with one kind of diaper. Pretty much all diapers leak when you lie on your side, maybe you were wearing the diaper too tightly which is why your legs were sore. You should experience all types of different diapers first, I've tried a good 8 or 9 different types of diapers.

I'm in cotrarious situation. I'm not (and never will be, if not IC) 24/7/365. But I didn't used any diaper over year and half. Is like abstinents syndrome. But it isn't heroin - no physical problems. Worse, I dislike cloth diapers - my problem isn't privacy, but money. Shitty life, that mine...

Angelic said:
I Love Wearing them but i noticed i leak Too Often and i am bladder/Diaper shy. The ones at the Moments Are inkontinente Pads which i Dekorated but the ones i drew on get on my clothes. I tried dry Nites, at least i Know im good with them. The diapers at the Moment were £5.99 and i got 3 Packs and were on offer, the drynites Are £5.26 and i get 3 packs of 9 , should i Switch back to drynites Or Quit diapers all together and beide my Time?

- - - Updated - - -

If i decided to Quit i will use up my diapers i am not throwing away my Money

Seems like you are in a purge cycle.

caitianx said:
Seems like you are in a purge cycle.

I agree with Caitianx, sounds like a purge cycle to me.

-

Having been there done that, it's not worth the purge because eventually you'll want to come back to it. Now I say that, but everyone is different, you might find yourself better off without them, but more often than not its better to just give it a little bit of a rest, and come back to it later, some times when we wear often or start getting fed up with the problems rather than enjoying the diapers, we want to purge, and that's okay, there's nothing wrong with that. My suggestion is to give it a rest for a little while, see how you feel, you might find that after a few weeks you'll want to start wearing again. It's 100% Normal. As for money being an issue, we've all been there I'm sure, again, my suggestion applies, try holding off for a while and see if the desire to wear comes back. For some people its an all of the time thing, for some people its because their IC and /have/ to wear all of the time, for others they only wear sometimes because it makes them feel comfortable. And for some its sexual desire. Whatever the desire or need to wear diapers is, sometimes for some of us, we just can't keep at it for prolonged periods of time unless its out of need, it's just how the brain is, it gets 'bored' in the broadest sense. I wish you clarity in figuring out what works best for you Angelic.

Well its all up to u. But for me i cant i have tried and tried i am cant do it plus now i wear out of need so quiting is not an option....huggles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back