What song makes you feel little?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperiorPenguin said:
I wish there was a like button like they have on Facebook.

That's a good idea!

Yolandi said:
That's a good idea!

Thanks! I have them occasionally!

I Can Tell That We Are Gonna Be Friends by the White Stripes. I did a version of that recently that's a bit more rockin'. (here)

MattiKins said:
I Can Tell That We Are Gonna Be Friends by the White Stripes. I did a version of that recently that's a bit more rockin'. (here)

Does your version still go G-C-D as the base chord progression? It sounds different to me. Great cover BTW! I love the White Stripes and Jack White for that matter.

SuperiorPenguin said:
Does your version still go G-C-D as the base chord progression? It sounds different to me. Great cover BTW! I love the White Stripes and Jack White for that matter.

Mine goes F#, B, C#. Half step down so it worked in open B tuning. Thanks, I'm glad you dig it!

I wasn't a big White Stripes fan but that's because Meg was a horrible drummer, but Jack White is a great songwriter.

MattiKins said:
Mine goes F#, B, C#. Half step down so it worked in open B tuning. Thanks, I'm glad you dig it!

I wasn't a big White Stripes fan but that's because Meg was a horrible drummer, but Jack White is a great songwriter.

Yeah meg is nowhere near a skilled drummer. But honestly I don't think the band would have been half as good if she was! Jack Whites current drummer Daru Jones, is excellent. Very good drummer. For that matter, Jack White is an amazing drummer!

MattiKins said:
I don't know, I always thought of it as just being kinda minimalistic...
I mean, she kept decent time.

She always sounded to me like someone who just picked up the sticks two weeks before recording the album. She doesn't have to be Neil Peart but she seemed very stiff. I guess that's what Jack wanted, though. He strikes me as someone who knows exactly what he is doing in every song, but being a drummer for 27 years now, hearing Meg play still makes me cringe a little.

MattiKins said:
She always sounded to me like someone who just picked up the sticks two weeks before recording the album.

She did. Jack did not let her practice in-between albums. Would not let her take lessons. He wanted her like that. She started drumming days before there first album. She was a bartender at a place Jack was playing.

SuperiorPenguin said:
She did. Jack did not let her practice in-between albums. Would not let her take lessons. He wanted her like that. She started drumming days before there first album. She was a bartender at a place Jack was playing.

I knew it! Still, I guess it bugged me at the time because when they came out I hd been breaking my ass playing in clubs and bands and honing my skills for over a decade and here is this band out of nowhere with no bassist whose drummer can't even play. Looking back, I can say, well played, but it really put me off of them for a while. I've only recently started appreciating Jack White more now that the hype machine has long since moved on.

Me:

The old "Toys R' Us" advertising jingle!
:laugh:

caitianx said:
Me:

The old "Toys R' Us" advertising jingle!
:laugh:

I mean no offense honestly... but reading this response while looking at your profile picture is hilarious!!!

As strange as it sounds, "I Shot The Sheriff" by Clapton.

I remember being about 6-8 years old, and having had wet my pants, although I really don't remember the details, apart from the facts that I was wearing corduroy pants and I was outside.

Somehow my mother saw me, and made me come inside to change. She stood me in front of her chair, and helped me take off my wet pants and step into new underpants, and told me to take my wet pants to the laundry. I wasn't punished, but she didn't put more pants on me again, just sent me outside again with my brother wearing just my undies and shirt, "In case I had another accident."

Clapton was playing on the radio while she dressed me.

Wombat said:
As strange as it sounds, "I Shot The Sheriff" by Clapton.

I remember being about 6-8 years old, and having had wet my pants, although I really don't remember the details, apart from the facts that I was wearing corduroy pants and I was outside.

Somehow my mother saw me, and made me come inside to change. She stood me in front of her chair, and helped me take off my wet pants and step into new underpants, and told me to take my wet pants to the laundry. I wasn't punished, but she didn't put more pants on me again, just sent me outside again with my brother wearing just my undies and shirt, "In case I had another accident."

Clapton was playing on the radio while she dressed me.

Ha! Doesn't exactly make me feel little, but my dad had the 'Unplugged' album by Eric Clapton one of about 3 or 4 tapes he used to play constantly on car journeys... reminds me of being a kid :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back