ABU SDK And Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just received my half case of SDK and Simple diapers! So excited about it. I'm now wearing the SDK. Man, it's just like a baby diaper. So thick and it cuddles you. I noticed the Simple is thicker and now I can't wait to put it on after I change out of the SDK. I'm still figuring out how to use the single tape system and not have it sag too much. Any suggestions???

SDK was one of the varieties ABU offers that I sampled recently as well... and, I'm equally impressed. ABU diapers seem to feel thicker than, for example Dry 24/7's. I'm not sure that they "really" are or have higher capacity, but they definitely have that feel.

I... love them. ^^;;;

I avoid sagging issues with supportive underwear. Abena sold a useful pair not long ago, designed to work mainly with their pads, although some brands of "normal" underwear work well for the purpose. I haven't tried onesies yet but they seem to be a common suggestion...

I tape the SDK pretty tight (in comparison to 4 or more tab diapers) with the tapes close to the top of the taping panel and found them excellent and nil sag.

The Simples are anything but Simple... Can't wait till you work out just how wide these are in the crotch and how thirsty... SDKs are thirsty sure but these are a step beyond!

Simple along with their different artwork twins are definitely an "all night, no changes, no worries" diaper.

I can top off an SDK overnight fairly leasily.

Argent said:
I tape the SDK pretty tight (in comparison to 4 or more tab diapers) with the tapes close to the top of the taping panel and found them excellent and nil sag.

The Simples are anything but Simple... Can't wait till you work out just how wide these are in the crotch and how thirsty... SDKs are thirsty sure but these are a step beyond!

Oh okay. I was afraid to make the SDK too tight and rip off the tape. Since the landing zone are super strong, it makes more sense to make it tight. I will have to try that.

I don't have a problem with wide crotch due to the build of my body. Maybe the Simple will change that. 😜

BTW, I had thought the tapes were double cuz of the blue edges. I guess not because of the landing zone. It feels like clear packaging tape.

jamiejamie said:
Oh okay. I was afraid to make the SDK too tight and rip off the tape. Since the landing zone are super strong, it makes more sense to make it tight. I will have to try that.

I don't have a problem with wide crotch due to the build of my body. Maybe the Simple will change that. ��

BTW, I had thought the tapes were double cuz of the blue edges. I guess not because of the landing zone. It feels like clear packaging tape.
ABU tapes let you reposition many times due to the landing zone
As for the wide crotch wait till you soaked it and then you'll think wow
p/s don't wear tight shorts or pants with the simple :biggrin:

Just wore the simple. The Simple fits me better than the SDK. The SDK just do not feel right. The leg gathering gets loose and gets my pants at inner thighs bit wet even though it isn't soaked yet. The SDK would be better to wear with baggy shorts so you can feel like a kid.

Simple holds a lot and stays tight really well.

jamiejamie said:
Just wore the simple. The Simple fits me better than the SDK. The SDK just do not feel right. The leg gathering gets loose and gets my pants at inner thighs bit wet even though it isn't soaked yet. The SDK would be better to wear with baggy shorts so you can feel like a kid.

4 tapes vs 2....

Yup. Worth a try. Prolly won't order any of the 2 tapes diapers again.

jamiejamie said:

bambinod said:
4 tapes vs 2....

That's why getting a sample is so important. For whatever reason, 2 tape diapers fit me quite well, perhaps even less hassle overall than 4 tape diapers, although I tend to prefer the extra tapes. Point being, it's not enough for someone else to enthuse about them but to see how they actually perform for you.

Trevor said:
That's why getting a sample is so important. For whatever reason, 2 tape diapers fit me quite well, perhaps even less hassle overall than 4 tape diapers, although I tend to prefer the extra tapes. Point being, it's not enough for someone else to enthuse about them but to see how they actually perform for you.

The 2 tapes fit me better too. I'm fairly thin and I tape them directly over my hip bones. They feel very secure, without the loose area between the tapes on a 4 tape.

I am not thin and the SDKs fit me great as well but I do have to tape pretty much with the top of the tab close to the top of the taping panel for them to work perfectly.

With the single tabs, I find it works pretty well to pull the back a little further up than normal and then stick the tabs on at an angle (closer at the top, and further apart at the bottom). Since you can re-position once you move around a little bit you can re-stick them and its generally good after that

Argent said:
I am not thin and the SDKs fit me great as well but I do have to tape pretty much with the top of the tab close to the top of the taping panel for them to work perfectly.

I wore an SDK to bed last night actually. I don't like having a big overhang in the front so I usually tape my diapers with the top/only tapes very close to the top of the tape panel. I usually get within maybe 1/4' so that the tape doesn't create too sharp of a bend in the front to get uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back