Not open for further replies.

SnowBlitz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
Sir Terry Pratchett author of the Discworld series has passed away today, due to complications from his Alzheimer's Disease. He was born April 28, 1948, and passed away today March 12, 2015. He was 66 years old.

We lost a wonderful man today, and an even greater author.

...And still the Turtle moves.

*sobbing gently in the corner*

sir Terry Pratchett has been an icon to me for as long as I've been able to read, the man is a legend and I will be mourning for months.

I feel a discworld marathon coming on, through all 40 from The Color of Magic to Raising Steam. Does anyone know if the new Tiffany Aching book "The Shepherd's Crown" was finished and will still be published or not?

As a nostalgic thought, what was the first Pratchett book you ever read? mine was Eric.

The Colour of Magic was the first Pratchett novel I ever read.

That's very sad. I'm almost ashamed to say I've never read a Terry Pratchett novel. It's about time to buy a new book...

Sad news about Terry Pratchett. I have enjoyed reading his Discworld Series and the world has lost such a talented author. I will be re-reading his works, as I have a few of his books, and then i will be going to my local library to find the rest of thd Discworld Books. Such a shame, that his light has been extinguished.

He was a legend; one of a kind. :sad:

I loved the bizarre parody world he created in the Discworld series.

Belarin said:
As a nostalgic thought, what was the first Pratchett book you ever read? mine was Eric.

It was "Equal Rites", lent to me by a friend at college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back