Easy wayto put a diaper on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discordly

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I'm wondering if I'm missing something here, it seems to take me a long time to put a diaper on

I was wondering if there was a way people are doing it that's faster than I'm doing it

Also if there was not just a faster way but the best way so it fits the best

Discordly said:
I'm wondering if I'm missing something here, it seems to take me a long time to put a diaper on

I was wondering if there was a way people are doing it that's faster than I'm doing it

Also if there was not just a faster way but the best way so it fits the best

Oh, there is actually an article subforum you should really dig through if you haven't had the chance yet! I know it's less personable but it's absolutely a place to check up on for this kinda topic! In fact, They had just the sort of thing you were looking for!

Lovely in-depth on how to put on a diaper!

That being said, if you're still stuck something after reading the article.. or think there is anything about your technique that you're specifically struggling on, going in more detail about what you think you might be doing wrong would help the members help you.. help yourself!

gigglemuffinz said:
Oh, there is actually an article subforum you should really dig through if you haven't had the chance yet! I know it's less personable but it's absolutely a place to check up on for this kinda topic! In fact, They had just the sort of thing you were looking for!

Lovely in-depth on how to put on a diaper!

That being said, if you're still stuck something after reading the article.. or think there is anything about your technique that you're specifically struggling on, going in more detail about what you think you might be doing wrong would help the members help you.. help yourself!

Oh i just looked that the topic you posted and i am doing that way maybe im just doing it slowly or i just think its taking longer than it is lol silly me

Discordly said:
Oh i just looked that the topic you posted and i am doing that way maybe im just doing it slowly or i just think its taking longer than it is lol silly me

Might just take practice! For now, you know what they say.. what's worth doing is worth doing right! If it takes at while, at least you're all bundled up snug!

Takes me about 30 seconds to do by myself.
I usually change standing.

Unfold diaper.
Hold rear waistband in small of back with right hand.
Pull diaper up between legs with left hand.
Slight squeeze of legs to hold diaper in place.
Smooth front left panel around leg with left hand, hold with right, tape with left hand.
Same thing opposite side.
Then tape top tapes.
Done!

gigglemuffinz said:
Might just take practice! For now, you know what they say.. what's worth doing is worth doing right! If it takes at while, at least you're all bundled up snug!

I agree with gigglemuffinz that it takes a while at first to do it correctly (in other words, to get the best fit), but that as you practice it repeatedly, you'll gradually get quicker, Discordly. Just remember that the quickest way is usually not the way to get the best fit (at least at first).

It dose take some time, I use to be slow at changing but with practice it gets quicker. You also get more practice finding out the right fit for your body, leaks are bad lol.

You say "Hey, diaper! You're the greatest thing in the world." That's called "puttin' your diaper on."

First take the back of the diaper. fold it up till it meets the front. Secure the tapes to the front landing zone.
Next set the diaper upright on a chair or table. Take a couple of Huge steps backwards.
This is the biggest part! Pay close attention! Get a good running start, spring off the floor, do a spinning twist mid-air, ensuring you aim for the diaper.
Then slide right in. Stick the landing. TA DA! *applause*
If that doesn't work then refer to the above mentioned suggestions!

When putting on a disposable (I normally wear training underwear at night with my plastic underpants), I place it against the wall and let my buttocks hold it in place on me while I lean back on it and pull it up between my legs then both my hands are free to apply the tapes at the right secured positions. Takes about 30 seconds. Bathrooms, hotel rooms; anyplace with a wall.

i have a slightly different technique, that may or may not be of interest. It does require you know where you place the bottom tapes on any given diaper. i start off with my plastic panties pulled down around mid thigh, unfold the diaper and place it between my legs resting on the plastic panties, then i tape the bottom tapes around my thighs (this is where you need to where the tapes usually land), then i pull the diaper up and tape the remaining tapes. i modified this from a technique i learned by unfolding the diaper and pretaping the bottom tapes before putting them on, then slipping them on like pullups and finishing with the top tapes, but that requires taking your trousers off.

Said it before I'm sure I'll say it again. I pretape a lot of my diapers for a perfect fit. You have to know where the tapes go of course, and it helps if your diaper has good "landmarks" on it. Easist way to find the fit is to tape nomally, and then when you find you have a really good fit, shimmy down the diaper and closelylook at it and note the tapes.

Diapers that don't have indicators on them (many medical and most abdl do not) is to go by the pattern on the shell. Don't go by the pattern on the tape panel unless it's consistent from one diaper to the next. (many are not) Taping the tops first is usually easier, as those tapes don't have any angle to them and are usually closer.

As an example, the DC Idyl I put on at night, the top tapes are attached at the top of the tape panel just before it changes into the softer shell plastic, and the tape pull is placed exactly where the white clouds end toward the centerline of the diaper.

The lowers are always a little trickier. On the Idyl, I tape them down about 1.5" below the top tapes, at about a 30 degree angle downward, and so the end of the tape nearest the centerline of the diaper is directly below the "root" of the top tape (back of it where it meets the wing) Of course these positions only work for my exact hip size, on this specific diaper, you have to find what works and then find a way to remember it.

This makes for an absolutely perfect, comfortable fit. Tapes are also at their correct angles so as not to strain one side, plus the tapes are completely flat down with no wrinkles in the tapes or the shell, so my wrists (which usually rest on my thighs as I sleep) don't get jabbed.

I don't usually tape up any in advance, I tape up my evening diaper before pulling it on for bed. But my daytime diapers I often pretape 1 or 2 in advance, so I can change quicker in the morning if I'm running late. It doesn't save much time, but every little bit can help on some mornings.

babypuma said:
First take the back of the diaper. fold it up till it meets the front. Secure the tapes to the front landing zone.
Next set the diaper upright on a chair or table. Take a couple of Huge steps backwards.
This is the biggest part! Pay close attention! Get a good running start, spring off the floor, do a spinning twist mid-air, ensuring you aim for the diaper.
Then slide right in. Stick the landing. TA DA! *applause*
If that doesn't work then refer to the above mentioned suggestions!

Perfect 10 great job! lol

How to change faster. Get in a diaper changing machine, load diaper and press start.
Nowe the only issue is building such a machine.

i still have trouble getting a good fit while laying down, tummys make things difficult :(

The easiest way to get a secure fit is to pull the disposable up evenly between your legs, then back yourself up against a wall, using the wall the to hold the back of the diaper in place, while you snug up the front, and work the tapes. The laying down method is best done by someone else, but it can be done alone. I just think you get a much better result using the wall, since you can pull up to the right amount of snug, and, if you're lucky enough to have a mirror opposite the wall, you can see your progress in the mirror. Remember, no oils or powder on your fingers, or your tapes aren't going to hold very well.

It works for me!

I put mine on lying down. At first when I started I had no idea how to put on a diaper and I was terrible. Eventually I got to the point where I get almost a perfect fit every time. You have to find the best way for you and then it will take some time and practice to where you get to the point when I becomes easy like a routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back