Cloth backed Tena Slip Maxi in USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrypticTaco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Incontinent
Anyone happen to know where to get them? I've yet to see any, and I'd like to have some.

I am referring to the velcro taped ones available in Europe, not the hybrid cloth sides and plastic center ones.

CrypticTaco said:
Anyone happen to know where to get them? I've yet to see any, and I'd like to have some.

I am referring to the velcro taped ones available in Europe, not the hybrid cloth sides and plastic center ones.

my guess would have to be you'd have to order them online as here we still have big green

XP Medical sold these for a while but they were absolutely terrible compared to the old plastic ones so they stopped selling them. I don't know if it's still the case, but a lot of these would literally fall apart a few minutes after taping them. Even if they do stay in one piece, the cloth like backing is not totally waterproof and starts to weep liquid when the diaper gets full. There's really nothing good I can say about these.

rennecfox said:
my guess would have to be you'd have to order them online as here we still have big green

Where's that? And by big green you mean?

INTrePid said:
XP Medical sold these for a while but they were absolutely terrible compared to the old plastic ones so they stopped selling them. I don't know if it's still the case, but a lot of these would literally fall apart a few minutes after taping them. Even if they do stay in one piece, the cloth like backing is not totally waterproof and starts to weep liquid when the diaper gets full. There's really nothing good I can say about these.

Those aren't the ones I'm referring to. The ones overseas have an all cloth exterior with velcro tapes, and as far as I've heard much superior to the ones we got here in the United States. I tried the ones you were referring to and I agree, it was a terrible design.

Right now I can go on ebay and buy them by the case but it's quite expensive and I don't have anyone to split it with. Just wondering if someone else has done it.

CrypticTaco said:

You can literally buy cloth/velcro tabbed Tena slip maxi in almost any pharmacy here in Australia or from a chemist online really easily. They are absolutely horrible though. I pity the people who have to use them. I wore one to bed once and when I woke up the tabs had slid almost completely off. Not to mention when I walk I'll often find the tabs digging into my legs which can hurt and I'll have to readjust only to find the velcro has pulled apart the cloth like outer and now won't stick. I can't stand cloth like disposable anymore they just cheap and awful. I envy that you don't have them in USA. I have no idea what other ones you could be talking about though because that's all I've ever seen.

Bambino I think sells the new european version not the crappy one that first came out

CrypticTaco said:
Where's that? And by big green you mean?

I'm talking about the Tena Supers, nicknamed big green because they are bulky and green. The hold alot but swell like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back