• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

A little about me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaJane

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi, i'm Emma, and i'm a lifelong little at heart, with some ab inclinations whenever I feel the need.

I'm single, i live alone, i'm a proud parent to two lovely daughters aged 5 and 18, and I recently became a grandparent too (despite the fact i'm not even 40 yet!). I'm also an out and proud trans woman in mid-transition, and although it's been a very rough ride to get to this point, things are finally starting to improve for me, in ways I could never have imagined possible.

My daughters now accept me as female, and my eldest daughter also knows i'm a little, although we haven't discussed the details in any depth. She was telling me very casually about a friend at college who was asexual and on the abdl spectrum, so I took the opportunity to say "me too" and she was totally fine with it. She's bought me a few thoughtful gifts since then, like fluffy pink PJs and cute kids jewellery, and her unflinching acceptance of this part of me was a huge weight off my mind.

I've been through some very stressful and emotionally intense situations in my life, many trans-related but often quite comparable to the issues faced by abdls, and my hope is that my experiences may allow me to help others who are going difficult times, and that I may possibly find a bit of enlightenment here myself for some areas of my own life that still cause me concern.

I've had this account for a while but haven't really used it, as I needed to focus on transitioning and pretending to adult, but I was quite active here several years ago in another life. I'm back here now following the advice of a truly wonderful woman and very dear friend, who reminded me of this site's existence and encouraged me to try and interact here with others who would understand.

I look forward to getting to know you all better and I hope I can make some worthy contributions to the site. Please forgive me if I get a little shy and tongue-tied sometimes. Communicating online has never come too easily to me, and I much prefer to communicate with the aid of eye contact and hugs.

:grouphug:

Reactions: Marka
Hello EmmaJane and welcome back to the group.

Egor

Hi Egor, thank you for the welcome. :hug:

It's lovely to be back. I'd almost forgotten how warm and fuzzy this place always made me feel. :cloud9:

Hi EmmaJane,
Welcome back to the group. That's a very good intro, but perhaps you could share some of your non little hobbies and interests and also if you work or ar a full time Mum.

It's great that both your daughters accept you as female, it must have come as a bit of a surprise, especially to your youngest. I'm glad your eldest daughter is accepting of your little side as that is also important. It sounds as if you have a wonderful family, so i hope that we can become an extended part of that, both in good and bad times.

What you need to do know is find a few forums or threads you like and dive in and take part. Don't be worried about being shy, most of us probably felt that way when we joined ADISC, I know I did :).

I also love hugs and cuddles and I'm lucky that I'm a daddy to a little boy and also the baby boy of a mummy (strange i know but it works).

Again Welcome back :hug:

Thank you so much for your kind words PCBaby.

Unfortunately my main interest, which also doubles as my occupation, is probably the most boring aspect of me. I make a living trading cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, and most of my spare time is spent making sure i'm up-to-date with whatever developments are happening in that sphere. It's a rapidly moving and volatile market, and i kinda have to pay attention to it constantly in order to earn a living and not lose all my money.

I tend to bore people to tears when I talk about it too much, so I avoid doing so for the most part. :biggrin:

I haven't worked a traditional job for years due to some issues that I have, with the most impacting one being a chronic sleep disorder (DSPS, aka "social jet-lag") that I have suffered from for my whole life, and which has affected my friendships, relationships and ability to maintain traditional employment. I'm doing okay right now, but it all feels very precarious and unreliable, and I am hoping to find a more secure and consistent form of income in the near future.

As for my daughters, yes it's absolutely fantastic how things have turned out, although I have a long and painful tale about how it almost didn't. I'll try for a tl:dr version, but I make no promises.

When I was first outed (and not through choice at that stage), my ex took my little girl from me and moved away, and I didn't see her for over 2 years. She's only been back in my life since January this year, and I still count my blessings for every day we spend together. I only see her one day a week, which is heartbreaking but still better than I had before, and I always make sure our day together goes perfectly. She loves me to bits and tells me constantly that she wants to see me more, but her mother is still quite hostile and uncooperative towards me.

My eldest daughter lives just around the corner from me now, and I see her and my little grandson almost every day. She's now my biggest source of support and she accepts me totally, but even she had problems when I was first outed, and it took her a year before she would talk to me. For that first year without either of my kids in my life I went through absolute hell, and it was only through the support of a few people on a trans website that I was able to survive.

The whole situation was much more complex that I can describe here, but suffice to say that it hasn't all been plain sailing, and i'm lucky to have got my kids back when I did. I doubt I could have survived without them much longer, no matter how well my transition may have been going.

It's all in the past now though, and everything is finally going perfectly with my kids.

Anyway, i'm just waffling and oversharing now lol. It's a nervous thing. I get terrible posting anxiety, and 90% of the posts I type online never see the light of day. I'm just going to hit send now before this becomes one of them... :biggrin:

Thank you so much for the lovely sentiments Marka.

It's nice to consider myself as a "success in progress", and although i'm usually quite critical of myself, I must admit that I have come a long way indeed in the past few years. After decades of social anxiety, the old me would never have believed it was possible for me to do half of the things I have done. Just simple things like going to trans events alone or wearing a dress in public seemed so far out of my reach back then that they appeared quite impossible for me.

I absolutely support and accept your transition, whatever your destination or your chosen path. As long as you are moving towards happiness that is all that matters, and I wish you the absolute best of luck on your journey. :hug:

I look forward to posting much more here soon, and I will gladly PM you and lots of others when I am able. It may take me a short while until I get my bearings again, but i'm sure I will have lots to say before too long. :biggrin:

Thanks once again to everyone for the lovely warm welcome, I really do appreciate it. :grouphug:

EmmaJane said:
Hi, i'm Emma, and i'm a lifelong little at heart, with some ab inclinations whenever I feel the need.

I'm single, i live alone, i'm a proud parent to two lovely daughters aged 5 and 18, and I recently became a grandparent too (despite the fact i'm not even 40 yet!). I'm also an out and proud trans woman in mid-transition, and although it's been a very rough ride to get to this point, things are finally starting to improve for me, in ways I could never have imagined possible.

My daughters now accept me as female, and my eldest daughter also knows i'm a little, although we haven't discussed the details in any depth. She was telling me very casually about a friend at college who was asexual and on the abdl spectrum, so I took the opportunity to say "me too" and she was totally fine with it. She's bought me a few thoughtful gifts since then, like fluffy pink PJs and cute kids jewellery, and her unflinching acceptance of this part of me was a huge weight off my mind.

I've been through some very stressful and emotionally intense situations in my life, many trans-related but often quite comparable to the issues faced by abdls, and my hope is that my experiences may allow me to help others who are going difficult times, and that I may possibly find a bit of enlightenment here myself for some areas of my own life that still cause me concern.

I've had this account for a while but haven't really used it, as I needed to focus on transitioning and pretending to adult, but I was quite active here several years ago in another life. I'm back here now following the advice of a truly wonderful woman and very dear friend, who reminded me of this site's existence and encouraged me to try and interact here with others who would understand.

I look forward to getting to know you all better and I hope I can make some worthy contributions to the site. Please forgive me if I get a little shy and tongue-tied sometimes. Communicating online has never come too easily to me, and I much prefer to communicate with the aid of eye contact and hugs.

:grouphug:

Welcome to you mate :D

Hi Emma Jane! I struggle every day with who I am and as life goes on it becomes even more Stronger. I'm weak as in I will never transition fully but when I dress I feel whole. At my age I see no point in changing my life and upsetting some whom might not understand. Then there is the work issue. I'm in the construction field Hands on so if I were to become full time what would I do? Where could I find work that would support me. Anyhow I'm Happy where I am in life and I hope we all find ourselves through supportive communities like this one.

EmmaJane said:

Hey there Emma, welcome back! What an amazing introduction, a great example of how to enter a room, lol. It is lovely you are finding ways to be open and expressive with your daughters and with yourself in some ways. I am sure you will be a wonderful contributor.

Ooh scary, lots of replies... :giggles:

Please accept my apologies that it's taken me a while to post again. I wanted to give this site my full attention but a couple of my friends have been having problems, and my own life has been a bit of a rollercoaster too, so I haven't had much free time lately.

Marka said:
And, if you didn't know already... use the [Reply With Quote] feature...

Like this? Hehe :biggrin:

FerdyCurious said:
Welcome to you mate :D

Thank you Ferdy, it's lovely to meet you. :)

babytrixie said:
Hi Emma Jane! I struggle every day with who I am and as life goes on it becomes even more Stronger. I'm weak as in I will never transition fully but when I dress I feel whole. At my age I see no point in changing my life and upsetting some whom might not understand. Then there is the work issue. I'm in the construction field Hands on so if I were to become full time what would I do? Where could I find work that would support me. Anyhow I'm Happy where I am in life and I hope we all find ourselves through supportive communities like this one.

Hi Trixie, it's nice to meet you. I'm really sorry to hear of your struggles, and I don't think you are weak at all. Not everyone is in a position to transition, and I wasn't either for many years. It's not always easy but you do what you can to cope, and if you can get enough relief from dressing without having to turn your life upside-down, then there's really no need to take things further.

With that said, I truly believe that you're never too old to seek happiness. There's a lady I know of who transitioned in her 70s, and she looks absolutely fantastic and lives a full and happy life. Obviously i'm not saying that you, or anybody should transition, just that age doesn't have to be a barrier.

I hope you continue to feel happy with your life, and that you can always find time to be your true self whenever you feel the need. Please feel free to get in touch any time if you are struggling (once I hit 20 posts and can message you back that is, or just post here lol).

MotherFaith said:
Hey there Emma, welcome back! What an amazing introduction, a great example of how to enter a room, lol. It is lovely you are finding ways to be open and expressive with your daughters and with yourself in some ways. I am sure you will be a wonderful contributor.

Thank you Faith, for so many things! I wasn't sure whether to sing your praises here or keep it low-key, and although I thank you for your discretion i'm sure you know full well who I am hehe. I'm proud to call you a friend, and i'd like everyone else to know just how awesome you are too. Thank you for reminding me about this site, and for encouraging me to open up more about this part of myself.

I want to say a huge thank you for all the support and encouragement you have shown to me elsewhere too. You only really know me as a grown-up (kinda lol) and you know i'm quite shy and nervous (mostly....) but you've always looked after me and helped me feel much less alone whenever our paths have crossed. I've taken so much inspiration from you in my life, and you've really helped me come out of my shell recently. :worshippy:

Stay awesome Faith and thanks again, to you and everyone else who has replied. I really appreciate the warm welcome. :grouphug:

I will find time to make a few more posts soon, I swear. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back