First Full Day At Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouble63

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I see this has been discussed before, but I wanted to post because I worried so much about this for so long and the other posts appear to be closed. Also, it seems to be a common cause for concern and maybe this will help someone else.

I have worn to work before, but only for half days. No threat of needing to change. I have not been able to bring myself to just start the day in a diaper and go all day until today.

My strategy turned out to be much different than I thought it would be. I imagined using a thin, discreet diaper with the cloth like backing. However, this morning somthing hit me and I decided that I've had enough of the "little accidents" and other discomfort and I simply stoped thinking so much and acted. After my shower, I put some barrier on and spread a ConfiDri 24/7 out on the bed, situated myself and taped up. I then pulled on a pair of spandex leggings and proceeded to get dressed as usual. Got in the car and went to work.

The leggings took care of most of the crinkle and are holding things in place, but the bulk around my waist seems obvious, at least to me. I put a jacket on as I was working outside. This covered my waist and from there I just did my best to stop stressing about it.

Now 6 hours into my day, I don't feel like anyone has noticed. The confidri has held up well without needing a change, but I did come prepared for a change. The idea of using the confidri was to avoid having to change. So far so good.

I finally calmed my nerves and started to focus on how much I really like being diapered and I'm now fine. A diaper prevents accidents, is much more comfortable and makes me feel better over all (nothing new there). So glad I finally came to terms with this and I feel like I'm much better off. The support I get from ADISC helped me get to this point and I'm grateful for that.

Thanks for listening.

Good call and glad to see advice like mine has helped you.

I used to use attends then atn when I started working full time some 14 years ago. After fighting with leaks at least one a week I finally switched to abena (back when they were still decent enough to be called premium), and now confidry as well.

As you've found, having a good premium diaper do its job is way less noticeable than a cheap thin one that has leaked. I too can often make it a full 8 hours at my office, though often enough I need to change before even 6 hours has passed. Just try to stay aware of how wet you are and change before you get too wet. Doing this you'll be just fine every time.

Hey slomo. Thanks for your nice reply. As I am about to finish my 8 hr day, I've decided that the confidri is the way to go. I didn't need to change which is great. I'm going to order more. I sleep in them as well. I have M4 s too, but they don't seem to be as good. I've been thinking about trying the Northshore supreme. I've had them before, but I think I had a size too large so I'm going to give them another try.

Wearing to work and not worrying about all the other stuff has been great. I'm so glad I did this and am planning to continue. It's so much better than the accidents and trying to hold it only to leak.

In my opinion confidry and northshore are able to hold very similar amounts, and perform very similarity as well. Although they do get there differently.

Northshore starts out thinner but also much stiffer. They wick pee a little better so more of the diaper gets used. And lastly they have more sap. That means they swell up more than confidry too. They are good premium diapers though, and I would recommend anyone at least try them out to compare what works best for them.

Glad its working out for you, the decision to go full time can be rough at first but the reduction of accidents is what matters most.

Thanks. Getting dressed today was much easier than yesterday, but it's too warm here for a jacket today and, the bulky feel of the confidri has me feeling very self conscious right now. I can't wait for this day to be over. I feel like it must be visible. I just keep telling myself that peole don't see what they sent looking for.

trouble63 said:
Thanks. Getting dressed today was much easier than yesterday, but it's too warm here for a jacket today and, the bulky feel of the confidri has me feeling very self conscious right now. I can't wait for this day to be over. I feel like it must be visible. I just keep telling myself that peole don't see what they sent looking for.

Believe me the feeling gets easier and before you know it you forget you even have it on til you need a change

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seconded. It is a tough feeling at first, but every day you go diapered and nobody notices makes it just a little easier each time.

What will really drive it home for you is when you are absolutely certain to have been accidentally outed, and yet all later indications point to them still being oblivious.

In the mean time, go to youtube. Search for "the invisible gorilla". This is why nobody ever notices no matter how obvious it gets.

Slomo said:
In my opinion confidry and northshore are able to hold very similar amounts, and perform very similarity as well. Although they do get there differently.

Northshore starts out thinner but also much stiffer. They wick pee a little better so more of the diaper gets used. And lastly they have more sap. That means they swell up more than confidry too. They are good premium diapers though, and I would recommend anyone at least try them out to compare what works best for them.

As it turns out, I used my last confidri yesterday, but in the mean time I found a couple of the Northshore supremes from my last order, so I'm using one of them today. Now that I have used both in close proximation, I can say the above comparison is very accurate. I reordered this morning and opted for the Northshore Supreme. After having both on the last few days, I felt like the Northshore was more comfortable. Between now and Tue, I have Abena M4s.

northshore seem a little longer, lack waist elastic, and aren't as wide in the back as confidry 247. The padding itself however is pretty similar. Both wick well. I think CD's shell is a little softer too.

bambinod said:
northshore seem a little longer, lack waist elastic, and aren't as wide in the back as confidry 247. The padding itself however is pretty similar. Both wick well. I think CD's shell is a little softer too.

That's a good assessment of the rest of it. My confidris were md and the Northshore was lg, so they were close to the same in the back. By 130p, when I went for my change, I thought the Confidris controlled odor better, but I still think the Northshore is more comfortable. Things to consider before I order a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back