Swim diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9615

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I want to go swimming but I'm IC so what swim diaper should I get?

Are you fecal incontinent? If not, there is probably no need for a swim diaper. People pee in pools all the time and with the amount of chlorine in there it's not really an issue. Actually urine is sterile until it comes into contact with substances outside the body.

That being said I have worn them principally to reduce the flood of urine while NOT in the ocean or pool. That's really the main advantage say if you were getting in and out of the water and you did not want to change each time. Just google adult swim diaper. They are all lightweight PUL style pants. I'm not aware of any adult disposable ones.

I'm only urinary incontinent. How exactly does a swim diaper reduce flooding outside of the pool?

matt9615 said:
I'm only urinary incontinent. How exactly does a swim diaper reduce flooding outside of the pool?

I'm sure he means that it just functions like a regular diaper while you're on dry land (out of the water). That way, you're not inadvertently peeing (leaking) onto the chair you're sitting on, or blanket, because the diaper will soak in the pee.

matt9615 said:
Ok. They look good and your right they are costly. How many swim diapers do you own? How many should I get?

I have two of them myself. That way I have a clean one if needed for that day or if one is in the wash.

How often do you go swimming cause that will determine what you need?

Gadget1982 said:
I have two of them myself. That way I have a clean one if needed for that day or if one is in the wash.

How often do you go swimming cause that will determine what you need?

I'll probably go swimming 3-4 times a week.

Matt,

This has been discussed before but swim diapers are fecal containment systems not designed to hold urine. There are both reusable and disposable swim diapers.

IMHO the best reusable is the SoSecure swim diaper which is a true fecal containment system. Good disposable swim diapers are Swimmates and Swimsters. None of these swim diapers are designed to hold urine.

If you are IC, the best strategy is to plan to rush to the pool as quickly as possible to wet your swimsuit so no one will notice a leak. Upon leaving the pool you will need to rush to the changing room to avoid an accident.

--John
(double incontinent and wearing 24/7)

jdinvirginia said:
Matt,

This has been discussed before but swim diapers are fecal containment systems not designed to hold urine. There are both reusable and disposable swim diapers.

IMHO the best reusable is the SoSecure swim diaper which is a true fecal containment system. Good disposable swim diapers are Swimmates and Swimsters. None of these swim diapers are designed to hold urine.

If you are IC, the best strategy is to plan to rush to the pool as quickly as possible to wet your swimsuit so no one will notice a leak. Upon leaving the pool you will need to rush to the changing room to avoid an accident.

--John
(double incontinent and wearing 24/7)

Since I'm only urinary incontinent does it make sense to get swim diapers? Is there some kind of protection I can wear in the pool that won't require me to rush back to the changing room to avoid an accident?

I did aqua therapy a number of years ago and due to my urinary IC I used Texas Cath's and a bag to collect any urine,the bag can either be strapped to your leg or just allowed to float freely in the water that is always an option too.

I've never used a catheter before and it looks like I don't really need swim diapers. It looks like pee in the pool isn't a big issue.

matt9615 said:
Ok. They look good and your right they are costly. How many swim diapers do you own? How many should I get?

Honestly there is not really any swim diaper that will hold anything when you are out of the pool. You just have to go straight to the bathroom when you are out of the water. When you are in the water there is not need to keep urine from getting out.

What I use when I swim: I sew my own pocket style cloth diaper. This has an opening in the back where you insert the absorbent part of the diaper. When I go swimming I just use the diaper with out any absorbency. And it does keep in the messy accidents too. When I go swimming I sit on the toilet till I pee or I wait till I have just gone in my diaper. Then I go swimming and I generally stay in the pool or water till I have peed again. Then I know I have at least enough time to get to the restroom to put a regular diaper on.

This is a page about the diaper that I use. http://www.wearing-adult-diapers.com/Adult-Cloth-Diapers.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back