Status
Not open for further replies.

kashi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Okay so I've got a quick question when I wet my diaper it feels like it's leaking, but it's not. I feel the fluids brushing up against the sides of my legs, but not leaking out due to leak gathers. If anyone else has experienced this please give me some ideas of how to help.

that's how its supposed to work.

I'm experiencing that at present, I keep feeling my pj's to make sure I'm not leaking. I think slowly I'm getting used to the feeling.

Are you talking about what I call "phantom leaks"? The sense that fluid has left the diaper and is running down your thigh (usually inner for some reason) can be irritating. It comes and goes for me. I haven't really made a study of the conditions that drive it. I just make a quick check and move on. My leaks are rarely as extreme as those feel, so my default reaction to that sensation now is skepticism.

kashi said:
Okay so I've got a quick question when I wet my diaper it feels like it's leaking, but it's not. I feel the fluids brushing up against the sides of my legs, but not leaking out due to leak gathers. If anyone else has experienced this please give me some ideas of how to help.

It's normal, especially when you put on a fresh diaper on and start to flood but leak guards push the urine back (which is what you probably feel)

That's it's job is to keep all the excess urine away from either skin or outside contact and stuff inside the cotton inside, which is how the diaper normally works. Nothing to lose sleep over, although it miiiiight leak out even with leak guards doing their job if it's almost to full capacity.

Snivy said:
It's normal, especially when you put on a fresh diaper on and start to flood but leak guards push the urine back (which is what you probably feel)

This seems likely.

I also suspect that these "phantom leaks", as Trevor calls them, are more common for those males among us who "point up," because much of what goes up ends up coming down, and so we get more of that sensation of urine running down -- because it is running down.

Oh boy, the phantom leaks... Yeah, they just kind of happen. I've had that feeling as far as like, halfway down my leg and suddenly thought "Woah, what!? I just put this on!", and then when I go to check, there's not the slightest indication of even being near a leak. Seems to just be one these oddities that comes with the territory.

I think it's one of those weird temperature phenomena. Like if you put one hand on something cold and the other hand on something hot and then put both hands on something that's the same temperature, it will feel different to you. That feeling of warmth spreading downwards can spread further than any pee actually goes, it seems.

It's normal to feel I feel it all the time but when the padding can't absorb anymore then it will begin to leak. For now it's nothing really to worry about.

I think ArchieRonni hit the nail on the head. I think I tend to notice the phantom leak more on the first wetting and in a cold room or something. So not everything has come up to 'operating temperature' as it were. Maybe not, but it makes the most sense to me.

It also tends to absorb right next to where the leak guards are and swell up giving a rather odd feeling. This tends to leak after a while, but typically the urine wont go there until most of the rest of the padding is kinda saturated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back