Good replacement for Molicare Super Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotTheAverageMan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
I have been using molicare super plus for years now - still have some on stock. But are quickly running out.

I need a good just as absorbent yet discrete diaper. When I say discrete I mean good odor protection.
Which as for the molicare was affordable.

I have been looking at Formacare x-plus, which is ok. However I noticed another one called kolobri comslip are they any good?

Abena I gave up years ago, since they start to stink after a few hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

id-slip range is worth considering also, they offer plastic backed or breathable across the range.

Hi, The unique aspect of the Molicare super plus is how they wick from front to back. They are my nite time diaper for that reason. They perform the closest to cloth, while still having the many benefits of a disposable. The only other diaper i have found that matches that kind of performance is the Northshore Supreme. I personally don't like the chinese "jello" diapers because in real use, they tend to dam up in the front and never wick to the back. And I dislike the stiff taping panel, which is really just a cheap excuse for not engineering the tapes properly. the new Crinklz or BetterDry may be worth considering. But Molicare Super Plus is still available here in US. I have not heard anything about them going away.

Molicare Super Plus seemed to be disappearing in Europe as expected, but I just saw this 'Molicare Slip Maxi' at Save Express: http://www.saveexpress.de/de/detail/index/sArticle/8694/sCategory/2676
It says 'vormals (previously) Molicare Super Plus'; I don't know whether it's the same nappy with just a different colour scheme or whether it has been redesigned internally and they just mean it's the nearest equivalent. I couldn't immediately get details from the Hartmann website but it definitely seems worth a try.

Another 're-issue' of an old favourite that I have yet to try is the current all-plastic Tena Slip. I used to be 24/7 in Tena slips and still have hundreds in stock. In the meantime I did try the Kolibri Comslips - the white 'Plus' all-plastic variety rather than the Ultra/Supra which I believe have fabric-like sides. They are OK, not the most refined nappy but thick and absorbent and not too expensive. The crotch padding is quite wide and stiff when dry - you might feel as though you have a pizza box between your legs until you've wet it a little!

Paxe said:
Molicare Super Plus seemed to be disappearing in Europe as expected, but I just saw this 'Molicare Slip Maxi' at Save Express: http://www.saveexpress.de/de/detail/index/sArticle/8694/sCategory/2676
It says 'vormals (previously) Molicare Super Plus'; I don't know whether it's the same nappy with just a different colour scheme or whether it has been redesigned internally and they just mean it's the nearest equivalent. I couldn't immediately get details from the Hartmann website but it definitely seems worth a try.

Yes the new 'Molicare Slip Maxi' is essentially the Molicare Super Plus but in blue

https://www.everynappy.co.uk/blog/molicare-maxi-molicare-super-plus-is-back-and-its-called-molicare-maxi

Well I can tell you that the new Tena Slip Maxi Active Plus, is alarmingly thin, but alarmingly good! At this time, its holding as much as the ABU SDK v2, that says something.

I was in the ABU Space nappies last week, but the downside with having a nappy that holds so much, is one has a tendency to wear it for to long. Lats week, i was keeping these bad boys on for ten hours, drinking my normal two litres of water during the day, having one hell of a soggy and heavy nappy, having very sore inner things, BUT having a nappy that just wasn't ready to be changed, which isn't a good thing.

I have three packs of the Molicare Maxi Plus fabric nappies that I'm selling!

Wearing the new molicare slip maxi now. It's essential the same as the good old molicare super plus, color is different and the plastic backing seems to be a bit thicker. The diaper itself is just as thick / thin as the old one. But I'm so pleased that molicare listened to their customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this all sounds pretty good. I agree that thicker plastic is likely to be an improvement and I'm not too fussed about the colour. I 'll get some and make a comparison by alternating them with the originals as I still have a few packs of those left. As well as the rather unusual character of the padding, one thing I liked about the super plus was the height of the inner leakguards. Even with a booster pad in the seat there was room for a nice big poo without it overflowing. If those two parameters are unchanged I'll start stocking up on the new edition.

I can't contribute too much, but if you're looking for good wicking Dry 24/7 worked good for me. They absorb throughout.

I think it's difficult to compare the Dry 24/7 with Molicare (in Europe anyway) due to the price difference. At over three times the cost of the (premium brand) Molicare e.g. at Save Express, the 24/7 is in the realm of the exotic and might be expected to outperform most competition. Hopefully if the Slip Maxi upholds the tradition, the search for the nearest alternative will happily not be needed after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back