First Time With Scented | What to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTurnerIII

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I just ordered scented diapers from abuniverse, what should I expect? Do you think it was worth the extra price?

I tried that once. TBH it smelled like a Bounce dryer sheet. I wasn't expecting much, so I wasn't disappointed, but I won't be doing it again.

bambinod said:
I tried that once. TBH it smelled like a Bounce dryer sheet. I wasn't expecting much, so I wasn't disappointed, but I won't be doing it again.

I've never smelled a dryer sheet. So it will be a surprise to me :)

I also ordered it once. It was neat, but not something I'll order again, not because I didn't like it. I did like it. It's just not something that I'm really interested in.

If you've got roommates / don't live alone; be careful. It's a pretty strong smell. I kept mine in a bag tied shut, inside of a storage tub, and you could still smell it some.

Mattew said:
I also ordered it once. It was neat, but not something I'll order again, not because I didn't like it. I did like it. It's just not something that I'm really interested in.

If you've got roommates / don't live alone; be careful. It's a pretty strong smell. I kept mine in a bag tied shut, inside of a storage tub, and you could still smell it some.

I live with my girlfriend who very much dosn't know! You've got me worried now. If it smells like dryer sheets as mentioned, maybe I can put lennons over them on my closet?!?

SuperiorPenguin said:
I live with my girlfriend who very much dosn't know! You've got me worried now. If it smells like dryer sheets as mentioned, maybe I can put lennons over them on my closet?!?

Don't be worried. If you put it in a sealable bag, instead of what I did (trash bag tied shut) it'll be easier to control the smell.

Also, the smell is almost the same as Secret Powder Fresh Scent Deodorant. Had someone tell me that after I had mine. Bought some to try, and agreed that it did smell the same. So, you can play it off as deodorant, or an air freshener (if they can even smell it). I think you'll be able to play off the scent.

When I ordered, it was also from the Old ABU, I don't know what "strength" the scent is on them from the new ABU.

Just have a sealable bag on hand, and maybe a sealable storage tub, and you'll be good. What little scent might be left over, you can play off as something else. If she smells it and asks, "What's that smell", you can say anything really. (Deodorant, dryer sheets, air freshener, etc.)

- - - Updated - - -

You might be able to have something else helping cover the scent. Scented candles, those Scency things, or any of the various air freshener things you can either set around the house or plug into an outlet.

Mattew said:
Also, the smell is almost the same as Secret Powder Fresh Scent Deodorant.

Since that is the case, simply buy and occasionally use Secret Powder Fresh Scent deodorant.

I remember ordering half a case of SuperDryKids diapers from the old ABU and being able to smell the package on my porch from several feet away. I'll bet the UPS truck smelled great for a few days! Like I said that was the old ABU, I don't know if the new owners do the scent strips differently. The old way they "scented" the diapers was by cutting a slit in the package and sliding in the scented paper strip. Maybe it's done before the pack is sealed now, IDK???

DLMunky said:
I remember ordering half a case of SuperDryKids diapers from the old ABU and being able to smell the package on my porch from several feet away. I'll bet the UPS truck smelled great for a few days! Like I said that was the old ABU, I don't know if the new owners do the scent strips differently. The old way they "scented" the diapers was by cutting a slit in the package and sliding in the scented paper strip. Maybe it's done before the pack is sealed now, IDK???

Oh geez, that is intense smell. I am sure I will enjoy them though!

DLMunky said:
I remember ordering half a case of SuperDryKids diapers from the old ABU and being able to smell the package on my porch from several feet away. I'll bet the UPS truck smelled great for a few days

lol, that reminds me when I got mine. I got the box at work (delivery guy knows me. If was easier for him to take stuff to my work, instead of my house. I was ok with him doing this.)

But he handed me the box, & you could smell it. lol, I just looked at him & made some comment about not remembering ordering something that smelled like this. It was awkward. Everyone that came by my desk asked about it. Good thing it was only there for an hour or two before it was time to go home.

Mattew said:
lol, that reminds me when I got mine. I got the box at work (delivery guy knows me. If was easier for him to take stuff to my work, instead of my house. I was ok with him doing this.)

But he handed me the box, & you could smell it. lol, I just looked at him & made some comment about not remembering ordering something that smelled like this. It was awkward. Everyone that came by my desk asked about it. Good thing it was only there for an hour or two before it was time to go home.

I am getting worried about the smell that will be coming from my closet now :eek:

SuperiorPenguin said:
I am getting worried about the smell that will be coming from my closet now :eek:

Like I said before, just have something that's sealable. That'll kept the smell in & under control.

Mattew said:
Like I said before, just have something that's sealable. That'll kept the smell in & under control.

I have those gaint ziplock bags, I get those would be really good.

SuperiorPenguin said:
I have those gaint ziplock bags, I get those would be really good.

80 ct boxes of gallon ziploc type store brand bags work well, and are reasonably cheap. All my wet diapers go in those, to keep trash can odor in check.

Well, here is an idea. Get some form of anti-funcgus powerder and just put that in your diaper. It smells just like baby powder, and it will prevent a fungal rash. Money well spent if you've ever gotten the jock itch, and it smeels good.

BouncyBoy said:
Well, here is an idea. Get some form of anti-funcgus powerder and just put that in your diaper. It smells just like baby powder, and it will prevent a fungal rash. Money well spent if you've ever gotten the jock itch, and it smeels good.

I strongly recommend Zeesorb. It's talc with AF mixed in. Here's the best deal I've seen recently. (and it's about time for me to reorder)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231673204006

Much cheaper than buying singles at the drugstore.

In don't just spray wildly in my diaper, I apply directly to where my skin is going to rub and get humid and try to flare up. Since I started doing this, my skin's been perfect.

I got them... They smell very strong in the package. Outside the package they smell like a light woman deodorant. Pretty decent, I like it but not worth the extra cost.

i ordered scented too, i don't think it'll be that big of a deal honestly.

that scented smell doesnt come thru the box right?

Infinitas said:

It most certainly did with Bellissimo Quadros. I had to put the box in a plastic garbage bag.

Infinitas said:

It very much does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back