Finally - a swim nappy that's disposable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This must be a relatively new product but...Tranquillity (famed for their ATN Diaper) have made disposable swim incontinence pants (pull-ups)! Haters gonna hate but before I continue I must say that for me pull-ups don't count as nappies - furthermore when I see a DLABI in a pull-up i just think "yeah...but you're not a nappy enthusiast." if pull-ups are your thing I've no issue with that is just you can't be one of us nappy addicts...like I sed - haters gonna hate. Anyhoo I've been searching the web on and off for years for disposable swimwear but with no luk - it's always been washables/re-useables that have popped up on screen. Now Tranquillity have Swimmates - they're not perfect of course: They're probs only avay' in the US and they're not a tape-on product - it's not like we've now got access to adult Swim Huggies or anything like that. Harking back to my earlier statement (the one that some may have issue with!) they are not even nappies but the fact they've been made leaves me hopeful - you never know soon there may tapeable swim nappies avay' via the web. Till then I'd hope that SaveExpress might soon sell them (tho at this point I don't even know if SE carry normal Tranquillities). bringmesunshine p.s They are supposedly really good for faecal incont' - infact from the bit I read it actually sounded like they're better for fecal incont' than urinary incontinence.

bringmesunshine said:
They are supposedly really good for faecal incont' - infact from the bit I read it actually sounded like they're better for fecal incont' than urinary incontinence.
Well, yeah. I mean, if they made a swim diaper that absorbed urine, what do you think would happen as soon as you jumped into a pool of water? :) Swim diapers are for poop. That's about it. Whether or not you consider ordinary pull-ups to be diapers, a "swim diaper" is in a class by itself.

Swim diaper/pullup is for fecal incontinence rather than urinary incontinence as far as I know, At least with disposable.

Further more I wouldn't say nappy enthusiast is mutually exclusive to just diapers tho it is required. The way I read you're post it made it sound like if you use pullups then you must not like diapers as much. You can like both diapers, and pullups at the same time just as you can like paint-ball and air-soft at the same time.

But yea this is a cool update, Swimmates™

A person can like both pullups and diapers. In my eyes though they are essentially both the same thing when it really comes down to it and the serve the same purpose.

Cottontail said:
Well, yeah. I mean, if they made a swim diaper that absorbed urine, what do you think would happen as soon as you jumped into a pool of water? :) Swim diapers are for poop. That's about it. Whether or not you consider ordinary pull-ups to be diapers, a "swim diaper" is in a class by itself.

I know this is off topic, but I have seen the image in your avatar before and it's bugging me as I can't figure out exactly where I have seen it. I think it may have been on a box or package. Would you happen to know? Lol or am I just crazy?

brabbit1987 said:
I know this is off topic, but I have seen the image in your avatar before and it's bugging me as I can't figure out exactly where I have seen it. I think it may have been on a box or package. Would you happen to know? Lol or am I just crazy?
Pampers Baby dry

//As I fail to link properly every time ever.

computerProgrammer said:
Pampers Baby dry

//As I fail to link properly every time ever.

Thank you! Very helpful. I love that rabbit so much it's so cute lol. I knew I saw it somewhere before.

They really are no good by the way. The Tranquility swimmates are just granny panty style pull ups with very little SAP. You might as well just buy walmart brand pull ups because they will work just the same. I wouldn't trust them to hold a messing accident while I was standing in a pool of water much less if I was actually swimming or playing on water slides etc. I tried them in the shower and they have some gel (SAP) which then just swashes around the diaper awkwardly.

patrick1776 said:
I tried them in the shower and they have some gel (SAP) which then just swashes around the diaper awkwardly.

Lame. Really, there should be no SAP at all, nor even any pulp. The swim diapers for kids have a thin, non-absorbent pad inside that's meant to hold onto soil, and that's it. Anything absorbent is going to be instantly overwhelmed by pool water, so there's no point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back