Cloth Nappy BLiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlbychoice

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have been wearing cloth pocket nappies for the last few nights.

What a difference. I love them. As I'm a side sleeper i always had to turn onto my back before wetting in a disposable. but with a cloth nappy, it really doesn't matter.

But the funny thing is that my body isn't used to cloth nappies so i have to really put some effort into wetting. I hope this will come right. Mind you with a disposable on i had to concentrate to wet. I hoping it will become more natural. Sooner rather than later.

With disposables i would semi wake up and wet but with the cloth i have to wake up to wet. Really annoying.

May the bliss and the love of nappies continue.

Be careful, once your body becomes accustomed to wetting in whatever position with cloth there’s a good chance you won’t even semi wake up. Then you’ll have a real problem, or maybe not!

WBxx said:
Be careful, once your body becomes accustomed to wetting in whatever position with cloth there’s a good chance you won’t even semi wake up. Then you’ll have a real problem, or maybe not!

That's been mostly debunked here over the years. It's been known to happen on very rare occasion, but is definitely very unusual.

Had an issue last night. I leaked.......
I'm not sure why but I think i didnt put enough soakers in or the wings aren't wide and long enough. So back to the drawing board and redesign the wings and add an extra soaker. I'm going to start waddling.......hehehehe

I use double layered terry toweling pull ups. 3 of them, yes they are thick but with a high quality pair of plastic pants or rubber pants over the top I never leak.

Maxx said:
Could be something as simple as a little bit of diaper peeking out past the plastic pants..... unless you were so thoroughly soaked that it overflowed.

I have been making my own nappies. I got the pattern from KCK Kits. They are really good. they are AIO but the pocket type. I have found that the toweling that i used does peek out from the waterproof but i do fold it back in. its quite possible during the night it shifts and the toweling comes out again.

I was hoping that i wouldn't have to use waterproof pants over a already waterproofed nappy.

I will play with the design. and let you know how it works out.

Im thinking of adapting my size with the larger size wings. so i get both the correct fit and the absorbency on the wings.

Update

Well i have been playing with the idea. What i did was take the toweling and cut it smaller than the waterproof. Then sewed it together. Wheat this did was, it pulled the waterproof in causing a "lip" to form. SO the toweling now stays inside the waterproof.
But still having a problem with the wings. They tend to "sweat" and leak when laying on my side. Possibly need extra absorbency on the wings.
I'm thinking of make shaped nappies and then making waterproofs to go over. I think that will work best. I just need to go buy some flannel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back