Not open for further replies.

LimeBloodedNoir

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
I wanna order something from ABU, although I dont know what would be a good starter diaper.
I would do mixed cases but they dont all come in my size.
I am looking for something that wont squeeze my legs to tightly!

What did you guys use as your first real diaper?
Is ABU any good of a company?
Are the workers there kind?

My primary diapers right now are the ABU Preschools cloth-backed for my day diapers, and the ABU Space/Little Paws/Simples for my night/extended wear diapers. Depending on what you're after, I'd recommend either of those, with the latter being a variety case with all three.

ABU is a great company, they had a seedy reputation in years past, but after the current ownership took over they're really the premier company for ABDL diapers. My first Adult Diaper was the terrible "belted undergarments" when I first grew out of Goodnites, a failed experiment from my parents, lol. My first ABDL diapers were Bambinos.

Last edited:
OOF I HAVE ONLY 100 bucks to spend DOUBLE OOF
Although i if i do buy those im sure they will be worth it!
My biggist fear is peeing in 10$ diapers that con only be used for a little while
A pack of boxars at wallmart costs 7 bucks

Yes ABUniverse is an amazing company, lots of great products (not just Diapers), and great customer support too (if you have a problem with a bad batch of Diapers or something like that).

I order from them a lot, but have only tried Little Pawz (same diaper as Space and Simple but with a different print) and Barebums (not as absorbent as Little Pawz/Space/Simple, but still pretty good), the BareBums are sized a little differently than Little Pawz in that when I was able to fit into size M Little Pawz (though at the upper end of the size range) I had to order size L BareBums, now I wear size L in BareBums, Little Pawz, and Tykables Overnights which is easier to fit me reliably.

It's really up to if you want a 4 tape diaper, a 2 tape diaper, and how absorbent you want and what prints you like.

My first Adult Diaper was a medical style from XP Medical about 4 or 5 years ago when they still had their original owner and all the products they offered were really good, these days some of the better medical style diapers are worsening over time, so I stick with premium ABDL Diapers.

ABU is my go to diaper company. The first diaper I tried by them were the Little Pawz, super absorbent with a great design. I have since switched over to their single tape brands as I find the wings are smaller and they are cut just right for my body type... also, they are super extra babyish :paci: I like Cushies, SDK's and I just got an order of Kiddos that I'm itching to try. Basically, you can never go wrong with ABU.

As far as wanting something that won't squeeze your legs too tightly, that really depends on your thigh size and waist size. I'd suggest you measure your thigh circumference and your waist and see what size range you are right in the middle of. If you are at the higher end of a size range, simply buy the next size up. I'd also suggest going with one of their 2 tape brands like Cushies, SDK, Lavender or Kiddo as they are cut slightly smaller when compared to their 4 tape brands, as a result, whenever I wear one of their 2-tape brands, I always have a nice, snug but not too snug fit and a nice seal around my legs :)

As a company, ABU is great boasting excellent customer service, discrete and fast shipping/delivery. They're one of the best AB companies for a reason :)

Yeah, $100 isn't enough if you want good ABDL diapers, even the cheaper ones will be over $100 for a case, and that's the best way to order as you get a much better price compared to buying a few packs, or worse yet samples.

Just make sure you order the right size (going by the larger of Hip and Waist sizes and going with a larger size if you are at the upper end of a size range), I go by my waist size and used to order Mediums because I would usually find myself in the middle of a listed size range, but after gaining weight had to bump up to size Large to play it safe.

Type in, "AB Universe coupon codes," into a search engine. You'll find some, and I bet you can get the total cost of your order down below $100.

I am a huge fan of ABU products as well and find them pretty gentle on the leg squeezing... Actually having chunky legs that was one of the things that had me fall in love with their 2 tape (single tape per side) range that I could tape them tight with the top of the tape really close to the top of the taping panel (comfort, look, fit, absorbency all were things to fall in love with as well.)

Only one in their range I have any concern about is the PeekABU and Super Ultra as they bottom tapes are lower than I would like causing them to be tighter around the legs (understand this works beautifully for some.)

Yes though the flip side of having beautiful, absorbent diapers in a niche market is they cost a premium. For me it’s money well spent.

I know it costs extra money but if you aren’t sure of the exact diaper of theirs to use getting samples is definitely best... If you do order an even number of samples you will have a $5 store credit per 2 to order your favourite by the case later on.

I concur with everything that everyone has said here. Although I wear cloth almost all of the time, occasionally disposable work well. I like ABU SIMPLE or simple UTRA. They are plain white 4 tape diapers. I wish they would come up with a 2 tape ULTRA version, I would buy them in a minute. Good fast reliable customer service for me.

My first Abu diaper was the preschools but I didn't like them to much as I was always going through the bag to find my favorite design, the moon's and stars. Little Paws are a nice advanced diaper but your best bet for a starter from them would be a "simple" or a "simple ultra" which is lighter and more absorbent.

Boaring white yes but that will give you a feeling if you want to buy from them. 6 dollars for a single sample is not cost efficient not even counting shipping...bit can give you an idea what your up against.

Little Paws are my favorite and the customer service is like nothing you have ever seen. I mean I called about a minor error and me and the employee even stayed on the line for 10 minutes and just chatted and laughed. I mean tell me a franchise that does THAT.

LimeBloodedNoir said:
I wanna order something from ABU, although I dont know what would be a good starter diaper.
I would do mixed cases but they dont all come in my size.
I am looking for something that wont squeeze my legs to tightly!

What did you guys use as your first real diaper?
Is ABU any good of a company?
Are the workers there kind?

Good looking ABDL diapers with good features are less common than thicker ones. Preschool (as others have mentioned above) is probably your best bet at ABUfor more discrete thickness and lower cost. Their SDK and Cushies are also about the same there.

I'm also a big fan of Tykables's Little Builders - those are purpose-made for premium features with wear-to-work/wear-to-school discrete thickness, at a low cost, great for everyday wear. At least take a look at them. (they have velcro tabs but a plastic shell)

I'm a bit bummed that their discount code system isn't working right. It says that the code was successful, but it doesn't take any money off.

12srepaid said:
I'm a bit bummed that their discount code system isn't working right. It says that the code was successful, but it doesn't take any money off.

are you sure your order meets the conditions of the coupon?

I tried to use a coupon a week ago at another place and it wasn't applying until I discovered I had to change the shipping method from the default (UPS) to "auto-select least expensive" or something like that. Coupons can also have "minimum order size" limits or apply only to specific products etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back