Tena Slip Active Maxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

UGAFAN1985

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
4c4e6c7110f2808e9f85ebf1c1f2ae06.png

What is everyone's opinions on these diapers. Thinking about ordering some, just want some opinions to go by before purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey UGAFAN!

While I haven't tried Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi diapers yet, I have tried the Tena Ultra Stretch diapers. They have a similar look but have two tabs instead of four. The Tena Ultra Stretch has a moderate absorbancy. From what I've heard the Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi diapers are the most absorbent that Tena carries. They're also supposed to have really secure tabs (hence the name "Active Fit"). If you're going to buy some, my advice would be to double check the sizing chart. I've learned my lesson about being to hasty to buy diapers, and have ended up with a ton of "boosters" instead. :no:

Go for it. They're secure and very absorbent and wicks well too.
Two minor issues in my opinion is the tapes (two on each side) that is similar to those on the M4's. It sticks to the shell without problems but it a bit tricky, or almost impossible, to remove without tearing the shell when needed. Secondly, it is one of those brands that swells up quite much in the front after a flood or a couple of wettings. If snugly taped, it handles floods very well and absorbs it quickly. Oddly, I haven't had that bulging problem with the cloth backed Maxi variant.
Hope this was helpful to you.

They're pretty thin when dry, absorption is fast, swelling is fairly good. Odor control is good. They do clump a bit when wet. The fit is a bit loose though for me. Capacity is surprisingly good for the thickness. But I really don't care for the looks.

I dont care for the medical look or the cheap plastic shell. But I do like the double tape tabs or 2 tapes in 1.

I have literally just had some of these arrive and will start testing them tonight. I had actually planned to buy the hybrid 'Original' version that is one of my preferred hybrids, but then realised the seller didn't stock them and decided to try these instead. It seems a bit weird, that 'Tena Slip' is all fabric-style, 'Tena Slip Active Fit' is all plastic, and the 'Tena Slip Original' is actually a hybrid. The 'Original' was introduced soon after the original 'Tena Slip' switched from plastic to fabric-style, at which time I don't think there was an all-plastic version in the range. Since then, the 'Active Fit' has somehow crept in with a full plastic outer, which would seem more like the original than the 'Original'. Or have I got this mixed up?

What's their actual cost? 22 diapers for $80 would come to $3.64 per diaper. Even Crinklz is cheaper than that, and thry perform far superior too.

Slomo said:
What's their actual cost? 22 diapers for $80 would come to $3.64 per diaper. Even Crinklz is cheaper than that, and thry perform far superior too.

Much cheaper through Amazon.

80 is the case price

Slomo said:

It's $79.99 for 3 packs of 22 for a total of 66 diapers. I couldn't get the whole listing in the shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UGAFAN1985 said:
It's $79.99 for 3 packs of 22 for a total of 66 diapers. I couldn't get the whole listing in the shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About $1.22 then. And if I remeber right, they last about 4 hours with staying well hydrated (not to full capacity but before leaks become too risky). If that's about right. So about $7.27 per day (assuming you wear 24/7 and change at night).

You can do better with Confidry, Northshore, Betterdry, and even Crinklz. Unless that is you only intend to wear for maybe 4 hours at a time, then they might be good.

Those are really good, here in Sweden we can also get a thicker called Tena Slip Ultima Active fit which is even better but the maxi is good, it lasts me about 6 hours where ultima maybe 8-10,

Slomo said:
About $1.22 then. And if I remeber right, they last about 4 hours with staying well hydrated (not to full capacity but before leaks become too risky). If that's about right. So about $7.27 per day (assuming you wear 24/7 and change at night).

You can do better with Confidry, Northshore, Betterdry, and even Crinklz. Unless that is you only intend to wear for maybe 4 hours at a time, then they might be good.

I don't have to wear 24/7. I have stretches where I wear 24 hours for a few days. I'm just looking for a diaper to wear to work that will be discreet on the days that feel up to doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wearing one for the first time right now, and...I like them even more than the original Tena Slip Maxi. These fit me better. I haven't used the diaper yet, but just in terms of fit it's a noticeable upgrade. And it's all-plastic, which is important to me.

I got some today and I think they are really good. Thinner then the old Maxis and the plastic seems thinner. They fit really good.

I would recommend them...I live in the EU so they're very affordable for 1,20-1,50$/piece.

If you're looking for better deals be aware, there are some differences between the "Tena Slip Maxi", "Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit" and "Tena Slip Maxi Original" - I don't really know if the first one is just the 'older' version of the other two or a version itself, I have a pack of the Active Fits at home and they're good, as others said here before, quite thin when dry, but absorbancy and odor control are good - they should fit under most clothes.

I personally can't recommend the original ones, they are the ones without plastic backing and at least for me they tend to leak - so use on your own risk, maybe not outside - maybe I am to stupid for that diaper^^'

Kind regards,
Sabu

Last edited:
Finally got my order today. I even had to change not long after they showed up. I will admit that once I pulled one out of the package and opened it up, I was pretty skeptical. Once I started to change and laid on the diaper, I was really worried that it was not going to be big enough. They stretch really well and the fit is really good. They are thin when dry, and haven't wet them yet so I won't know about the swelling factor and how well they hold for a few hours. When I'm not wearing anything over them or just my sleep shorts over them, there is a slightly noticeable noise, but not so noticeable that someone will call you out over it. I put on my regular shorts and the noise is completely gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back