Pissed off at paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
Yes that's right I'm so fucking pissed off at paypal, decided to start a hosting company today, and guess what. I go upgrade to a business account with my abn.

Bam, they want me to confirm my god damn phone number which I most likely lost because I never have enough spare cash to put fucking money on it.

Parent's wonder why I get so pissed off, so I've got no clue how to get my paypal account back lol

No clue how they don't regonize the device, even though I use it daily to log into paypal, and share the same fucking internet connection with myself.

also the spell check has gotten shit for some reason, I can't even spell correct most words now.

I think paypal is one of those things where I can understand why they would want to verify by phone number.

MarchinBunny said:
I think paypal is one of those things where I can understand why they would want to verify by phone number.

They do go over kill sometimes, I've had them occasionally request documents before, just to sign in.. it gets rather annoying.

I personally think the entire security system is flawed though.

Unusual IP address, that's fine.

Normal IP address? with same device, request additional information, because she went into a part where scammers go into, it's fucking insane.

I guess I should count myself lucky I rarely have issues with things like this. Well, if worse comes to worse you can always sign up for another account.

MarchinBunny said:
I guess I should count myself lucky I rarely have issues with things like this. Well, if worse comes to worse you can always sign up for another account.

It mostly happens with specific amounts and going into specific areas, for example if you withdraw $100 it might trigger it for example.

Going into specific areas might trigger it, fuck even looking at the page might even trigger it xD.

It's a lot like Facebook security system, but a lot worse, oh you forget your password and your email, sorry no way to access it.

Account gets flagged, must show government ID, but hey we can't ever use that government ID to recover your account, WTF :D

From what I've gathered is in the US it might be a little different, they might ask for SSN before documentation usually.

Binary said:
It mostly happens with specific amounts and going into specific areas, for example if you withdraw $100 it might trigger it for example.

Going into specific areas might trigger it, fuck even looking at the page might even trigger it xD.

It's a lot like Facebook security system, but a lot worse, oh you forget your password and your email, sorry no way to access it.

Account gets flagged, must show government ID, but hey we can't ever use that government ID to recover your account, WTF :D

From what I've gathered is in the US it might be a little different, they might ask for SSN before documentation usually.

Ya, it's different in each country. The US has a lot of things available through PayPal that Canada does not seem to have I noticed.
There are pages I can't even access that you can in the US.

MarchinBunny said:
Ya, it's different in each country. The US has a lot of things available through PayPal that Canada does not seem to have I noticed.
There are pages I can't even access that you can in the US.

And what pages are those...? I'm genuinely curious what I can't access haha.

SnowBlitz said:
And what pages are those...? I'm genuinely curious what I can't access haha.

There is a page that the US can access for getting a PayPal debit card, but you can't get one in Canada and so you can't even access the page. It comes up as 404. I don't know the exact address of these pages, it came up while talking on discord on the adsic chat. It was quite interesting to find out.

I do think you can access it though if you change the region for the site.

Edit: On a related note, there are also features the US has that Canada does not. For example, you can recieve a check from paypal to withdraw funds in the US. Can't do that in Canada.

MarchinBunny said:
There is a page that the US can access for getting a PayPal debit card, but you can't get one in Canada and so you can't even access the page. It comes up as 404. I don't know the exact address of these pages, it came up while talking on discord on the adsic chat. It was quite interesting to find out.

I do think you can access it though if you change the region for the site.

Edit: On a related note, there are also features the US has that Canada does not. For example, you can recieve a check from paypal to withdraw funds in the US. Can't do that in Canada.

That's really interesting, thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back