XP Medical has brought back the iD Slip PE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great they're selling these again. They've been back for almost a month now actually. Looks like they're out a large until the middle of March though.

INTrePid said:
It's great they're selling these again. They've been back for almost a month now actually. Looks like they're out a large until the middle of March though.

I guess I was kinda late to the party! I hadn't checked their website for a while, as I still have a little over a bag of iD's left. I'll probably be ordering some more sometime soon; I start to feel diaper anxiety when I get this low!

Last edited:
For those of you that have used these, what do you think of the fit? I bought a case of these and they don't seem too big or too small, but they seem to ride low on the backside and there seems to be a lot more material between the legs than I am used to, making it difficult to walk without waddling even before wetting/messing. The only diapers I have used previously are the Tranquility ATNs and NorthShore Supremes and they both seemed to fit very well. I am pretty new to this and it could just be that I haven't allowed the diapers to sit long enough after being removed from the packaging to decompress a bit. If you have any feedback or suggestions I would appreciate it!

I love the ID Slips! I roll up all my diapers before wearing them right side out, inside out and then sideways to soften them up, it makes the high absorbency brands more comfortable. ID Slips do run a bit on the small side, my take on low, but hold a ton of pee and get more comfortable the wetter they get.

After the Tena Slip Maxi got discontinued, I had to find a new everyday diaper. For me, it came down to XP Medical Absorbency plus, the Northshore Supremes, and the iD Slips. It was very close between the Northshores and the iD's, but I ultimately chose the iD's because I thought the fit was marginally better. With that being said, they do have some drawbacks: I wish the padding came up a little higher in the front, a little more SAP, and I would like elastic waistbands. I also prefer a diaper with a landing zone. Even so, they are a great diaper. You are right, they can be a little bulky. I don't mind the extra padding, but I just can't seem to find a way to tape them in a way that keeps the padding tight against my body. This is probably due in part to the lack of waistbands.

I feel like I'm nitpicking, as the I consider the iD's a premium diaper. But when you've tried as many diapers as I have and have worn for quite sometime you will discover that the smallest things can you make you like or dislike a diaper. For now, I'll stick with the iD's because they're the best you can get for a decent price point. On a related note, Bambino Diapers just announced they carry the new Tena Active Slip Maxi (Tena's replacement for the Tena Slip Maxi); however at this point it is cost prohibitive at $1.75 per diaper if ordered by the case. It is a good diaper, but it simply doesn't have the absorbency for the price.

The best smell of diapers are the ID slip ones from xpmedical..It has this medical smell to it. gives me butterflies

ao045q said:
For those of you that have used these, what do you think of the fit? I bought a case of these and they don't seem too big or too small, but they seem to ride low on the backside and there seems to be a lot more material between the legs than I am used to, making it difficult to walk without waddling even before wetting/messing. The only diapers I have used previously are the Tranquility ATNs and NorthShore Supremes and they both seemed to fit very well. I am pretty new to this and it could just be that I haven't allowed the diapers to sit long enough after being removed from the packaging to decompress a bit. If you have any feedback or suggestions I would appreciate it!
I think they're pretty good. At first I was unsure of them but after like 5 of them and having a friend put one on me. I figured out how to place them and make them fit me best. Now I love them. They are really stiff when they are fresh and dry. I always fold them up like a taco and work out the 2 creases from packing. And I also give them a twist in both directions to help loosen/fluff them up a bit. Typically I use them with a stuffer but one thing is for sure. They get softer and squishier the longer you wear/ use them. Also I think they're the exact same product as northshore Supremes side by side the only difference is what it says in the print.and they feel/wear the same to me.
DPRLuv85 said:
I guess I was kinda late to the party! I hadn't checked their website for a while, as I still have a little over a bag of iD's left. I'll probably be ordering some more sometime soon; I start to feel diaper anxiety when I get this low!

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I too am tired of chasing around manufacturers that keep discontinuing products I've come to rely on. I'm taking a "sure it's back now, but for how long?" attitude with them.

You can't just discontinue a product and then start making it again a half a year later when it's a product that people need on a daily basis, without quickly losing a ton of your loyal customers to other brands. This was a very stupid thing for them to do, and as such I can't trust them to make smart decisions going forward when it affects me directly. People making bad decisions that affect themselves, ok, you're doing it to yourself. But when it affects me, then I think I have a justified opinion and say in the matter. And when they flip me the bird and say "nope we don't care what you say or how it affects you, we're going to do it anyway!", they lose my respect and confidence, permanently. "Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on ME!"

(to be clear, this is of course directed at the makers of the ID Slip, not XP Medical)

"Also I think they're the exact same product as northshore Supremes side by side the only difference is what it says in the print" - Are they made in France? that would clinch it. They are about the same price, but with free shipping a somewhat better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back