Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloney

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi All,
It's been a while since I've posted anything and I usually don't ask for advice. I've worn 24/7 for several years now. I was sick recently with soar throat and put on meds. Now I have a diaper rash on my member. Has anyone had a diaper rash on their member before? I don't think I've ever had one that's why I'm concerned. Do diaper rash get red and spotty around the tip? How do you know the difference of a new rash or something more serious?

Thanks for anyone reading and responding.

BP

Are you still feeling sick? That might be something to see a doctor about.

Well, I'm obviously not the most qualified person, but, personally I would think you should clean the area very thoroughly over the next few days and if it persists you should go get it checked out by a doctor.

ArchieRoni said:
Are you still feeling sick? That might be something to see a doctor about.

No, I'm not feeling sick. I had a really painful sore throat, went and got meds 875mg for bacteria infection. Then I had to go back and found out I got oral thrush, I had never heard of that before. I had to look it up. My dr said it's very common this time of year and medication can trigger it. Now I have that rash and it seems like one thing after another. I'm wondering if I should go back or give it a few more days.

- - - Updated - - -

Maurepas said:
Well, I'm obviously not the most qualified person, but, personally I would think you should clean the area very thoroughly over the next few days and if it persists you should go get it checked out by a doctor.

I think I will if I don't get rid of it. Has anyone on here had oral thrush before? My doctor ran blood work and it all came back blood count normal with no signs of infection or anemia or thyroid issues. Vitamin D was too low and they put me on prescription does.

yes i have and i just used sudocreme healed in no time

Baby23 said:
yes i have and i just used sudocreme healed in no time

You used sudocreme for oral thrush or a rash down there?

sounds like thrush downstairs, too.
other than 'see what your doc says', wash and rinse thoroughly, bathe in dettol or suchlike and then give it plenty of airtime for a few days.

I have used lavender oil (the real stuff) to clear up skin infections but I wouldn't be game to put it on sensitive skin parts.

ade said:
sounds like thrush downstairs, too.
other than 'see what your doc says', wash and rinse thoroughly, bathe in dettol or suchlike and then give it plenty of airtime for a few days.

I given it air time the last two days and today it looks almost gone. So I think everyone's advice is helping. I think it was due to the ammonia and peeing out the meds into the diaper and staying in it too long irritated my skin down there.

Thank you all for responding, I really like this community and appreciate the support we all get from here.

Thanks BP

BambinoPants said:
Has anyone on here had oral thrush before?

If you want a little information about oral thrush, this NHS page is quite informative:
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Oral-thrush---adults/Pages/Introduction.aspx

It says that, "In severe cases that are left untreated, there is also a risk of the infection spreading further into your body, which can be serious."

Since your rash appears to be clearing up, I'm sure it's fine, but it would be worth mentioning it to your doctor just to be sure. If you do have thrush "down below", it might help your doctor gauge how serious the infection is.

- - - Updated - - -

ade said:
...give it plenty of airtime for a few days.

Call Doctor Fox!

Dj_Neil_Fox.jpg

Thank you tiny for the link..... I wish I would of read that one before I was freaking out. My mouth and tonge kind of looked like that. I think you're right about mentioning to my dr too next time. Although,he writes me a prescription for diapers due to my sever OAB and IBS. So, he might tell me it's diaper rash....lol. I really think it's due to me peeing the meds out in the diapers and me staying in it so long. It all irritated my area. I have been diapered all my life but 24/7 the last 4-5 years. So I was surprised I got the rash so bad and kind of freaked out. I've never had it that bad. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back