Status
Not open for further replies.

Poohbearboy

18 months
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I find this feature useless if you're a side sleeper because of leaks right through the breathable side panes. soome time the diaper will have leaks if you sit wrong in them when wetting.

There is plenty that are still plastic. Just have to shop around.

I think it's corporate shrink flation masquerading as a health upgrade.

Gotta go for high quality ABDL products to get away from that sort of thing.

/agree BTW those cloth like panels are generally useless.

Poohbearboy said:
I find this feature useless if you're a side sleeper because of leaks right through the breathable side panes. soome time the diaper will have leaks if you sit wrong in them when wetting.

My skin's a bit weird and it likes to grow large pimples under plastic side panels. I try to deal with it using lots of talc but sometimes it's not enough. I don't recall ever having problems with clothlike sides.

Wouldn't it still leak if it was plastic? Plastic doesn't absorb it. It just forces liquid to circle it so to speak.

The issue is probably over-saturation or bad fitting.

I may get a razzin for saying this but I think its just sick vanity and the women who have taken over the marketplace with the desire of ultra thin and quiet absorbent diapers. ALSO company caving to wall street selfish pigs ! that care more about a dividend check than the company making quality products. Its the sad state of affairs today !

Cloth backed breathable side diapers are garbage, but they are cheap.
A CP/Autism guy like me on a low fixed SSDI income is stuck with having to use them.

Zendot said:
Wouldn't it still leak if it was plastic? Plastic doesn't absorb it. It just forces liquid to circle it so to speak.

The issue is probably over-saturation or bad fitting.

Less likely, I've had both. With the cloth sides it immediately soaks through just like regular underwear would. With the plastic sides if it isn't too much liquid and you're positioned right it'll roll around to the back, and if you're not positioned right you'll usually feel it and hopefully have time to get to a restroom before it starts getting out of the sides too much.

Now that I wear almost every day, I do notice the skin at the front of my hips will get a bit hot and bothered if I'm wearing all plastic covered nappies, especially if I've taped it up snug while standing it can dig in while sitting.
Don't have that problem so much now it a bit colder out, and I use talc in the affected areas.
Never had that problem with cloth sides tho but as I've mentioned before on here the fabric can irritate between my thighs but this isn't a problem now I don't need to walk long distances while wearing.

The breathability of adult and baby diapers is so that they prevent any kind of diaper-rash created when a diaper makes you or a child sweat this is a natural processes but it causes problems if the diaper I self isn't a breathable type think of it tho way if you were wearing a all in one onzie with a over raincoat all day and night wouldn't you want to have less itching and irritation caused by the fact sweat I building up.

The simple fact is the body/skin is the largest organ that is external but needs to breath because if I doesn't you will ultimately die from suffocation remember the golden painted girl in 007 goldfinger?, same principle she was painted so much that her body ultimately shutdown and died.

Diapers in the old days didn't have this feature because in the 70-80's & into the early 1990's this wasn't known to be a problem until the rise of modern scientific knowledge on how the body works although having a thick diaper on does have it's merits from time to time in terms of preventing leakage what I mean is diapers nowadays are thinner and more breathable because they are built for comfort rather than to be as thick as they once were when most of us grew up.

Although you still can get modern equivalents of those diapers as in the ones you wore as a baby in adult size from verious supplies on-line they are marketed as vintage/replicas of the original pampers/Huggies diapers but with modern features built into them that they didn't originally have.

It also depends on wever it's a daytime or nighttime diaper as to how thick they are daytime diapers are meant to be thin because they are not meant to absorb as much urine/waste as nighttime ones tho I why you have to do your research before you choose a diaper as they all varie from diaper to diaper as none are made to be the same this is because although some of the basic design features are similar most manufacturers prefer their products to be different from what the competition are offering and this can have a drastic impact on the quality of the diapers.

Hope this awnser your questions

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

xpluswearer said:
I may get a razzin for saying this but I think its just sick vanity and the women who have taken over the marketplace with the desire of ultra thin and quiet absorbent diapers.

Uhhh...are any abdl or medical diaper companies owned by women? Where does this idea come from?! I'd imagine most consumers of diapers for strictly medical reasons would prefer their diapers to be thin and quiet, regardless of gender...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back