I told people about me wearing diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rideoflife1000

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I stayed at a hotel and prior to my arrival I made a request to have a mattress protector put on the bed. I told the front desk that it was for my occasional bed wetting and my diapers sometimes leak and I wanted to protect mattress from that.
For me. That was an awesome and new experience.

Also I made reservations for this weekend and the host asked if I would like the same accommodations as my prior stay. Maybe my bed wetting is noted among my account details.

Thanks for reading.

Nice! And I'll bet it really wasn't that hard.

I may have shared with just two strangers. When a case of my Dry 24/7's was accidentally delivered to the wrong address and my neighbor opted to steal it, I didn't have much choice but call the cops. (After many days, he obviously wasn't going to tell me.) She asked what was in the box and I had to be honest. I did stretch the truth by saying I had bladder control issues. On another occasion, when visiting my dermatologist for a skin infection that was on my face, thighs, and stomach, I mentioned that I body shave and it could (and very likely did) stem from wearing bladder control protection.

In neither case did it feel like a stigma, but ordinary, daily life.

Still working up the courage to do this. I mostly just take my bed pad.

I've told my closest friends about my need to wear full protection. I keep a stock of diapers at their house also. The management of my apt. also knows. They asked me after seeing all the diapers coming in and the bags in the trash.

My friends know I often wear some level of protection due to the random bouts of IBS-D I suffer from.

rideoflife1000 said:
I stayed at a hotel and prior to my arrival I made a request to have a mattress protector put on the bed. I told the front desk that it was for my occasional bed wetting and my diapers sometimes leak and I wanted to protect mattress from that.
For me. That was an awesome and new experience.

Also I made reservations for this weekend and the host asked if I would like the same accommodations as my prior stay. Maybe my bed wetting is noted among my account details.

I use to request to the hotel for a plastic mattress cover when I traveled for business. They were vey accommodating and I never had to explain why. Eventually I found my request was forgotten or ignored though I casually wanted this to be added to my reservation file so they would do it automatically. Later, it was easier to just ask the housekeeping folks in a note on my bed to put a plastic cover on my bed. I had a plastic mattress cover on my bed until around age 15 (not that I needed it past age 13, but "just in case" per mom). At college all the dorm beds had protective covers and the contract stated if you removed your plastic mattress cover and stained the mattress (with anything) you were buying it and replacing it with a new one. Now I bring my own and sleep better with it. At home I have a fully encased zippered, heavy plastic mattress cover and really like it. No worries if I leak.

chestnut7718 said:
I've told my closest friends about my need to wear full protection. I keep a stock of diapers at their house also. The management of my apt. also knows. They asked me after seeing all the diapers coming in and the bags in the trash.

It's not really the apartment complex manager's business, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back