Family Gone for a Week (Suggestions?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
So my parents are gonna be out of town sometime in June. I have decided that I'm gonna order a bunch of diapers to try going 24/7 during that week!

My younger brother and sister will still be around however. •_•

I also think I'm only going to go number 1, and not 2 (not sure how I feel about that whole thing yet)

I'm not sure how many diapers I'm going to need for a week either? I was thinking ordering from websites 20. I also wanna get baby powder and wipes and all that but I'm scared to go out and buy those at a store :/

You guys got and experiences or ideas you wanna share. I'm super excited to try this and can't wait!!!

Well, anytime you buy baby supplies at a store I guarantee folks will assume you're buying them as an errand and not for yourself, so really don't sweat it!

As for diapers, I can't recommend ABU enough for their 2 tape designs, though they are in short supply right now. Really there's so many other super cute AB diapers available I don't think you can go wrong with any of them though!

If you're not totally alone for a few hours I would *not* recommend trying going #2... ^^;;

AdorableRabbit said:
Well, anytime you buy baby supplies at a store I guarantee folks will assume you're buying them as an errand and not for yourself, so really don't sweat it!

As for diapers, I can't recommend ABU enough for their 2 tape designs, though they are in short supply right now. Really there's so many other super cute AB diapers available I don't think you can go wrong with any of them though!

If you're not totally alone for a few hours I would *not* recommend trying going #2... ^^;;

Yeah I already know I'm either getting preschool or cushies. Just ordered a sample of the Blanco UltraStretch so might go for that? My question is how many am I going to need for a week of diaper wearing? I know baby's go through a bunch in a week. Adults will go through less but I don't wanna run out.

Haha what did you mean by that last comment? I can't tell if that is sarcasm haha 😂

I would think two or three during the day and one at night depending on how much you pee, if you were only wearing one at a time for a few hours and then not wearing for awhile I could see wearing them for longer but you don't want a rash. One thing to keep in mind is disposal, that's a lot of diapers and you don't want to have to try to hide a bunch of used diapers.

yoshiDL said:
I would think two or three during the day and one at night depending on how much you pee, if you were only wearing one at a time for a few hours and then not wearing for awhile I could see wearing them for longer but you don't want a rash. One thing to keep in mind is disposal, that's a lot of diapers and you don't want to have to try to hide a bunch of used diapers.

I have been thinking about that and I might have to do some planning. Like only wearing 24/7 before garbage day. Then once garabage day comes stop my little experiment/fun.

Unless my clean up method is solid and I can move all the dirty diapers and bury them under normal looking garbage.

I'm worried about the smell of the garbage can tho if I decide to mess. Right now I use a zip lock back to hide oder, but that's only for wetting no messing.

BabyLink9 said:
Haha what did you mean by that last comment? I can't tell if that is sarcasm haha ��

Nope... just that. I've only played with messing #2 a couple times, but it always took more cleanup than I expected!

AdorableRabbit said:
Nope... just that. I've only played with messing #2 a couple times, but it always took more cleanup than I expected!

Ah I see. Yeah I've done it once and didn't really like it because of the situation I was in. Everyone was home it was late at night and I decided to give it a go because I had the urge to go, I was about to change myself anyways so I decided why not? I didn't really like it then but I'm still curious.

I'm more excited about getting a semi large stash and putting it to use, along with baby supplies. I don't get to ever put on a fresh one. When I change myself I just have to put normal underwear back on and go to bed. The idea of baby powder sounds like a lot of fun too.

Four diapers is about what is needed per day IMO even if you don't go #2 in them.
For the disposal.. put the used diaper into a plastic bag and twist it shut really tight! Then put it in a trash bin. I can keep a diaper bin like this for a week without any smell at all, but I do live in a very cold country and all that x) But a week's worth of 24/7 used diapers is... a lot! And heavy! So empty the bin after it's still not too heavy and take it out at night when everyone else sleeps, don't fret it.

If you want to go #2 in your nappy, you can do it in the bathroom when you're about to go to the shower anyway. Take a trashbag (or two) with you and the nappy you're going to change into and whatever else you need for a diaper change :) Then you don't have to worry about smell or anything. Just put the dirty nappy in the plastic bag, tie a knot real tight, maybe put another trashbag over that, too and throw it away right away.

I have only tried messing once and it was too gross for me xD I only go #1 but if you can and you'll find it fun.. more power to you!

Have fun! Going 24/7 for a while can be exhilarating!

Ps. Just buy baby supplies with a poker face, no one will know they are for you, they will ALWAYS expect something else than you using them x) I buy baby powder, wipes etc.. alllll the time, even baby diapers!

TyphaHare said:
Four diapers is about what is needed per day IMO even if you don't go #2 in them.
For the disposal.. put the used diaper into a plastic bag and twist it shut really tight! Then put it in a trash bin. I can keep a diaper bin like this for a week without any smell at all, but I do live in a very cold country and all that x) But a week's worth of 24/7 used diapers is... a lot! And heavy! So empty the bin after it's still not too heavy and take it out at night when everyone else sleeps, don't fret it.

If you want to go #2 in your nappy, you can do it in the bathroom when you're about to go to the shower anyway. Take a trashbag (or two) with you and the nappy you're going to change into and whatever else you need for a diaper change :) Then you don't have to worry about smell or anything. Just put the dirty nappy in the plastic bag, tie a knot real tight, maybe put another trashbag over that, too and throw it away right away.

I have only tried messing once and it was too gross for me xD I only go #1 but if you can and you'll find it fun.. more power to you!

Have fun! Going 24/7 for a while can be exhilarating!

Ps. Just buy baby supplies with a poker face, no one will know they are for you, they will ALWAYS expect something else than you using them x) I buy baby powder, wipes etc.. alllll the time, even baby diapers!

I I feel like 2 or 3 per day is probably going to be what I need. I've never wet enough to completely fill my diaper in one go. If I do go #2 I imagine I'll be changing myself pretty quickly.

ABU diapers can hold a lot, and I don't pee very much in general. Unless I'm drinking through out the day.

I cannot stress the following enough, do everything you can to minimize any odor after you take the diaper off. I bag them each individually and stick them and a bigger bag which is kept tied up in an unused closet but if I'm not careful even that won't be enough to keep any stank out. If you are brave enough to go #2, pick it out of the diaper and go flush it, you do NOT want to keep that around.

Being sanitary about using multiple diapers in relatively quick succession (as in regular all day use) is an absolute must.

Not going #2 is no big deal, I'd advise against it if you don't want to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back