"Outted" to My Roommates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzanza

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, yesterday, my 40 pack of diapers came in the mail from ABUniverse. My roommates were questioning what it was because it was so big and heavy. Initially, I told them that I was private and I would tell them when I was comfortable doing so.

On the way home from Walmart, I asked them how open-minded they are; they already know I'm transgender and they were totally cool with it. So, I explained to them my past and how I ended up liking diapers and then, told them that the package contained my new shipment of diapers and that I wear them quite often and that I was, in fact, wearing a diaper as we spoke. I showed them one of my diapers since I had brought a clean one just in case. They were totally cool about it.

Last edited:
That's good to hear.

Being able to wear around others (just in general), and not have to stress over them finding out is a huge relief. Those you tell also have the benefit of know you confide in them- so it's a win win situation for everyone (assuming those others don't have a closed mind).

That said, I do believe your wearing only a diaper so soon after telling them was taking just a little too far. Unless of course they wear only underwear around you already, then that would make it fair play.

Perhaps, but it worked out just fine; even seeing me in diapers didn't seem to.bother them at all; they greeted me and played with my dog like they usually do when they walked​ past my open door. If you knew me, Slomo, I'm a bold person and I have a lot of guts; I speak plainly and do not bullshit. They were informed of my status as a diaper lover and they claimed to be okay with it so, what's the point in hiding it? I mean, when you tell someone something like, "I'm an adult that likes to wear adult-sized baby diapers," it doesn't really matter.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Hi Xzanza, I'm very happy for you. I too had a lot of experience coming out and it's something very liberating. COngratulations.

Xzanza said:
Perhaps, but it worked out just fine; even seeing me in diapers didn't seem to.bother them at all; they greeted me and played with my dog like they usually do when they walked​ past my open door. If you knew me, Slomo, I'm a bold person and I have a lot of guts; I speak plainly and do not bullshit. They were informed of my status as a diaper lover and they claimed to be okay with it so, what's the point in hiding it? I mean, when you tell someone something like, "I'm an adult that likes to wear adult-sized baby diapers," it doesn't really matter.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Oh I get you on that, I'm the same way. However, I've been reminded too often that others are not the same way, and can even be intimidated by it. What you and I see as being straight forward, open and honest can eadily be interperted as being in your face disrestectful by them.

What I said wasn't meant for you to hide your diapers, but to try and be more respectful for their own sakes. Glad to see aren't wishy washy like that, and it wasn't necessary though.

Before I begin - all I say is my opinion only, and is being said out of the my careness and concerns, rather than hate or offence. I base my opinion on my experience only and it makes it true for myself alone. No offence or harm is intended.

I disagree. It is true that from the moment they know it there's no point in hiding it, but entering the kitchen with nothing but a diaper is still qiute a radical jump...

There are three main concerns I can think of in this situation.
The first one is the fact that as a DL, you look (or sometimes look) at diapers as sexual objects. I have a friend who is very open with her sexuality, but it's still something that has to be thoguht of. I have friends who definitly feel uncomfortable being next to her while she exposes large parts of her breast next to them or hanging around us with no shirt. Even if she DOESN'T see it as a sexual act, they get another feel from this act. The fact that they accept you as a diaper lover is great - I have few friends that I told them and they accept me, this is the greatest feel in the world - but you should care much about not forcing them into this world, they might accept it but seeing it and being forced to see it by having a friend wear a diaper only is a whole different situation. One of my friends whom to I told about my little side said she wouldn't care to see me diapred but asked me nor to use my diapers next to her since she feels uncomfortable with it even though she know I do it and hears a lot about it (this is a bit more extreme example, but it is very relevant). Acceptance and desires differ for most people. The fact I accept couples does not mean I want to see them kissing all the time (this is the simplest example by now) - it's a private act and I don't always want and feel comfortable with seeing it it the public space.

The second thing that I can imagine is that they might say they accept it and yet not be comfortable with it. My ex-girlfriend said it was weird but told me it is acceptable (I wrote long ago about her in this forum) but after a while she just took it all back and I discovered (much to my own surprise) that she thinks it's disgusting. People often say want they would want to feel but feel otherwise.

The third thing is this: If they really accept it, and are OK with you hanging aroung naked but a diaper, and you asked them if it's cool to wander around them this way, and they absolutly don't mind your sexuality and little side being that public, give them time. Being little/AB/DL is a matter that requires different atitude from people - let alone wearing next to them. Try to imagine it from their side - in twelve hours you changed to wearing just a diaper in the kitchen. Give them time to understand, explore slowly, let them get used to the idea and ask questions. I can almost assure this would garentee you a soft landing with the acceptance of this side of you. When people are given time to think about things they develope opinion, thoughts, things become regular and cool. I know that if I had my roomates accept my little side I would first have a talk with them about it, do a Q&A night or something, give them few days to amuse with the fact, make some jokes about it, and then, slowly start to explore and push the limits of the more public exposure. First show off a bit of the diaper, then try a skirt with it or no pants but boxers on, and a bit by bit making everyone including myself to be comfortable in the situation.

That the end of my rubbish for now - I hope I managed to get it clear and informative. :)

Free at last ,no worries about hiding , just live your life diaper and all.

I think this is fabulous that you can be yourself.

Don't want to be a party pooper but don't be too put out if people that have accepted you occasionally say or do something indelicate relating to ABDL.

I presume Grand Rapids Michigan eh? kinda late for getting a winter coat aint it LOL.. Anyway I am 4 hours north of you if this is the case at the tip of the mitten.

That's pretty cool. I have told many of my friends and they either do not care, or think that it is strange. I know who I can and cannot tell. But honestly, lately I have been thinking that no one really needs to know except my girlfriend. Partly because I like my privacy, but also so that I do not give my "friends" anything to use against me. Sometimes our friends run their mouths or become our enemies.....

My fiancé knows.

I leak I wear, my doctor supplies them anything they want to say about that I could care less ,it's more protecting and respecting there stuff than my embarrassment. If diapers make them uncomfortable don't come to my house because they are everywhere.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back