Running and running and running and-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scifer555

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I started running two years ago on and off again because my brother inspired me to. The first time I started running, I absolutely hated it, I wound up with a splitting headache. After that I didn't really want to keep running, but something in me persisted. Now I am actually excited when I get the chance to run. I put on some of my favorite music, put my headphones in, and get to it.

I know it can be an effective tool to deal with feelings of depression, while I feel like it helps, I mostly run because it feels good to exercise. The 'runner's high' is real I can attest to that. I run mostly when it's warmer, but weather here likes to change pretty fast. I really didn't exercise much this Winter (which I regret) and now that it's rolling into Spring I'm really anxious to get back at it.:sweatdrop:

On that note I have a few questions.
1. Has anyone ever exercised in a diaper? I assume it would be better not to, hence the fact that I don't.

2. What are some things I can do to cope better and push past feelings of being unmotivated?

3. What are some tips for preparing for GED classes? From what I know the program I'm going through is a one on one type of thing, but I'm not 100% sure.

4. Lastly, my BMI is 25.1 which would suggest that for my age, gender, and height I am overweight. Yet... I'm still pretty thin. I think regardless I'm going to make it my goal to lose 10 pounds. One of my brother's and my dad struggle with weight issues (though my dad is actually improving, case in point I can pick him up). I really just don't want to go down the road of being fat. Does 10 pounds seem like too much to lose? I mean within an appropriate amount of time of course.

I don't have all the answers to your questions, but as for exercise, that is a good way to deal with depression. I got back into bike riding 8 or 9 years ago, and I love it. We have a wonderful walking/biking trail. It's beautiful as it runs through the woods and the rocky short hills of the Shenandoah Mountains.

I love to bike in the summer because I go out on the trail early in the morning before it gets hot, and often I'm in a cloth diaper and then baggy, black biking shorts. I can wet my diaper and no one knows, and I love the way it feels and the sense of freedom flying down the trail. I've never chafed.

I sometimes have to make myself wake up earlier and just do it, but wearing diapers helps.

Hopefully there will be some members who have gotten their GED who can help you with that.

dogboy said:
I don't have all the answers to your questions, but as for exercise, that is a good way to deal with depression. I got back into bike riding 8 or 9 years ago, and I love it. We have a wonderful walking/biking trail. It's beautiful as it runs through the woods and the rocky short hills of the Shenandoah Mountains.

I love to bike in the summer because I go out on the trail early in the morning before it gets hot, and often I'm in a cloth diaper and then baggy, black biking shorts. I can wet my diaper and no one knows, and I love the way it feels and the sense of freedom flying down the trail. I've never chafed.

I sometimes have to make myself wake up earlier and just do it, but wearing diapers helps.

Hopefully there will be some members who have gotten their GED who can help you with that.
Not a problem, I apprecite any time anyone can put into a reply. I love bike riding but my bike is in a state where it cannot be ridden. I must admit I am jealous of your access to nice trail. Michgian has lots of them, I'm just not close to any of them right now.

As for the diaper thing, that is good to know should I ever go for it. Thanks for the input! :)

- - - Updated - - -

TenaciousFortitude said:
1. No.
2.Pre-workout or simple Mental Hardiness, you're only as tired or unmotivated as you think you are. Or better yet, a cup of black coffee, just one though, if your body starts to build immunity to it, stop at once!
3. Sorry, can't really help you there besides just saying, study.
4.not at all. BMI is a fucked up system anyways. At my best, I weigh around 205 and can see my ribs. The system is flawed, just train Constantly and eat healthy, your body will do the rest if you simply subtract calories. When I was Military I drank beer and whiskey every weekend and pizza every night, weighed 205 and worked out 6 times a week twice a day. If you do anything enough your body will do the rest.
Well since you numbered your replies I figure to keep it simple I'll do the same.

1. I figured it'd be a bit of a mixed reply on the diaper wearing while exercising.

2. I do drink coffee and have for years, but it still does me some good. I somehow haven't managed to be completely immune or addicted to it.

3. Eh it's alright just any response at all is nice to have, no worries there.

4. That's what I was thinking, doesn't seem to factor in the right stats. I will do my best to keep at it and make sure I take care of myself.

Premetheus said:
1. Has anyone ever exercised in a diaper? I assume it would be better not to, hence the fact that I don't.

2. What are some things I can do to cope better and push past feelings of being unmotivated?

3. What are some tips for preparing for GED classes? From what I know the program I'm going through is a one on one type of thing, but I'm not 100% sure.

4. Lastly, my BMI is 25.1 which would suggest that for my age, gender, and height I am overweight. Yet... I'm still pretty thin. I think regardless I'm going to make it my goal to lose 10 pounds. One of my brother's and my dad struggle with weight issues (though my dad is actually improving, case in point I can pick him up). I really just don't want to go down the road of being fat. Does 10 pounds seem like too much to lose? I mean within an appropriate amount of time of course.

#1. Nope. Running while diapered sounds awful. Have no desire to try it.

#2. Create a schedule and stick to it. It's not perfect and you'll definitely skip times, but I can guarantee that I would've accomplished far less without forcing myself to complete my to-do list. I know you mentioned that running helps you deal with depression. I can definitely attest to that.

#3. Can't really help you. I graduated from college nearly 2 years ago, and the entire time, I pretty much just winged it.

#4. Can't say if losing 10 pounds would be good for you. I know that BMI is flawed, so it's best to use human judgement to see if you need to lose 10 pounds. I'm fortunate that I'm a skinnyass twig and don't have to worry about losing weight. If anything, I'm slightly underweight according to the BMI scale.

Gsmax said:
#1. Nope. Running while diapered sounds awful. Have no desire to try it.

#2. Create a schedule and stick to it. It's not perfect and you'll definitely skip times, but I can guarantee that I would've accomplished far less without forcing myself to complete my to-do list. I know you mentioned that running helps you deal with depression. I can definitely attest to that.

#3. Can't really help you. I graduated from college nearly 2 years ago, and the entire time, I pretty much just winged it.

#4. Can't say if losing 10 pounds would be good for you. I know that BMI is flawed, so it's best to use human judgement to see if you need to lose 10 pounds. I'm fortunate that I'm a skinnyass twig and don't have to worry about losing weight. If anything, I'm slightly underweight according to the BMI scale.
1. Works for some, doesn't work for others. This was more of a "I'm curious about it question" than anything else. I probably won't end up trying it.

2. A schedule would be nice to have, even if I end up skipping times like you mentioned. If I do end up making it schedule it probably won't be that crazy so I should be able to stick to it... maybe.

3, Hopefully someone will have a good answer for this one. Not to worry though, if not I'm sure I'll be okay.

4. Well I weigh about 180, so if I lost 10 pounds it wouldn't be a huge deal I think. Despite the BMI I don't look fat at all. I'll try for losing 10 pounds and if I feel like it's not helping or that I don't need to, I'll probably stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Maxx said:
Endorphin buzz is indeed a real thing, though some are more sensitive to it than others. If you are one of those fortunates, its easier to get motivated because you KNOW it will start feeling good at some point, even if you feel like crap starting out. As an older athlete, I have to use that to keep going. Like most, I feel terrible starting pretty much every session until heartrate and circulation get up to speed. On my bike, I don't even try for any sort of speed or hard effort for the first 5-7 miles. Endorphins don't really kick in until 2 or 3 hours into it, but after a really long, hard session (like a long triathlon), the buzz can last for a couple of days.

Weather? With you there. I prefer heat, although an inch or two of fresh snow can be nice for running too... cushions impact on old feet and joints.

Friction is your enemy swimming and running, diapers in a pool don't work for a lot of reasons, so no. I have wet myself on purpose during long runs or bike rides, but only in summer. With all the sweat, everything's wet and smelly anyway, so no one is going to notice.

Remember that you'll almost certainly feel better after a couple miles of warmup.

Didn't do it, so not sure. Mrs. Maxx did.... as I recall, she spent a lot of time in Maxxette's math texts since that was her big weak point.

BMI is close to worthless. Your number seems high, but if you've got dense bones and/or a lot of muscle mass, that could be deceiving. 10 pounds isn't a lot, so it's not likely you'd get into dangerous territory. If you're working out a lot, you'll know if you lost too much... your performance would drop off significantly. I figured that out in high school and college wrestling, and it was still true later with endurance sports. Above ideal weight, slower from the excess baggage, below, endurance goes to hell, can't do the big miles. Fat is part of the endocrine system, secreting hormones that trigger hunger among other things.

Weight loss is an individual thing. Some people can count calories and regulate intake, others, like me, have trouble with that, so its easier to manage by burning more. MUCH easier to do if you're physically capable of putting in the miles.
I am one of the fortunate people that can really get into running because of the 'runner's high'. I've accidently gone too far from home because of the endorphin rush.

1. Sounds like you have it all figured out in that aspect of things. As I've said I was more curious than anything else about whether or not diapers could work there.

2. I will try to remember that if I'm not feeling up to par with how I should.

3. Math isn't a super weak point for me but it is probably one of the things I'm not great at. One of these replies may or may not be able to answer the question, which is fine. I'll get it figured out eventually.

4. That's what I've been hearing, that the BMI is not such a great system. Not just here but in random little blips of information here and there. I'm 5 foot 11 inches and 180 pounds so losing 10 pounds won't be a big deal. I'm not one of the people who can count calories and regulate intake.. or at least as far as I know. I just sort of eat some healthy, some not, then exercise and hope for the best. So the burning more than what I eat, is what I'm going for. I know I can really get miles in easier when the runner's high kicks in, plus my body can handle it.

Made the mistake of running padded once. Will never do that again.

dressesRbestest said:
Made the mistake of running padded once. Will never do that again.
Some chafe, some don't, I think running while padded would be really uncomfortable. Dogboy talked about biking while padded which doesn't seem like it would be as bad. I guess it also depends (ha depends..) on what kind of diaper you wear. As I've already said a few times, I probably won't be wearing while I exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back