MyDiaper -from Saveexpress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello! Anyone try the MyDiaper diaper yet (the nighttime one, that looks like Tykables waddler overnight)?

They are 11 eur for a pack of 10! Is that relatively cheap or expensive? Anyone have firsthand experiences of them? I am curious :D :graduate:

They do look suspiciously similar, but since it's damn unlikely that Tykables manufacture their own nappies, that could just mean that both are sourced from the same factory (presumably in China). The Waddler Overnight is £1.175 per nappy in the UK when bought by the case, whereas these are £0.814, regardless of quantity. If they are essentially the same product, then yes, they would be very cheap. The Waddler Overnight was already very competitively-priced compared to other ABDL nappies.

However, it could equally just be a low-quality product designed to look like the Waddler Overnight. Ripping off someone else's design is hardly unknown, especially in China, and an intellectual property case involving two manufacturers of fetish products would be a first.

if you are looking at this:
http://www.saveexpress.de/de/inkont...er-colour-nacht-windel-gr.l-bunt-10er-packung
(next time provide a link?)

It worries me that they are going to that much effort to avoid any shots of the interior of the diaper. The one outstretched shot on the outside lets you see the padding area at least, and it's not very wide in the front or back. There's no reason to believe it has leak guards. And I also don't see any front/rear elastic. I don't even see any reinforced tape panel.

The only similarity to waddlers I see is that 'wavy blue and pink' border on the sides. That's probably the only feature they copied from the waddlers.

So far, I've noticed that you get what you pay for. :/ don't cheap out.

Outer plastic rips when tapes undone

parcelboy2 said:
Outer plastic rips when tapes undone

To be fair, that happens with the Waddler Overnight as well - at least the ones that I've had. In fact, that's what should happen if the adhesive is of decent strength. The original Waddler and the early production runs of the Overnight did get a bit of criticism for insufficient adhesion - it's possible that they overreacted in fixing it. As it stands, they could probably do with adopting second-chance tapes.

Well, I've tried the night ones and they are great! They do have Leak barrier and they hold just like most of the diapers.

Akastus said:
To be fair, that happens with the Waddler Overnight as well - at least the ones that I've had. In fact, that's what should happen if the adhesive is of decent strength. The original Waddler and the early production runs of the Overnight did get a bit of criticism for insufficient adhesion - it's possible that they overreacted in fixing it. As it stands, they could probably do with adopting second-chance tapes.

I don't think those are intended to be "retape" panels. I think those are merely intended to prevent the tabs from ripping the shell while stuck down, under strain of your moving around.

Better stick them down where they belong the first time.

I have bought the Mydiaper day and night versions. To be honest you would not believe they are from the same manufacturer. The new Night version are a far superior product and offer much better absorbency and features all round. They have excellent tapes, taping panel, leak guards, elastic waist, soft plastic backing and very cute and colourful designs. The absorbency is better than ABU cushies/SDK and definitely better than the original Snuggies Waddlers. I would rate around the same as Bambino Classico.

I personally will be purchasing many more of these because the price is incredible value for money.

Word of warning: do not confuse these with the old Mydiaper which were designed to kind of look like an original Fabine. Those were absolute rubbish and not worth your money.

SuperTed said:
I have bought the Mydiaper day and night versions. To be honest you would not believe they are from the same manufacturer. The new Night version are a far superior product and offer much better absorbency and features all round. They have excellent tapes, taping panel, leak guards, elastic waist, soft plastic backing and very cute and colourful designs. The absorbency is better than ABU cushies/SDK and definitely better than the original Snuggies Waddlers. I would rate around the same as Bambino Classico.

I personally will be purchasing many more of these because the price is incredible value for money.

Hmmm. That would tend to support the assertion that they might be made in the same factory as the Waddler Overnight. Can you post a picture of the inside of the nappy?

I'm usually down to try good new diapers, can you provide a specific buying link? (preferably one for buying from USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back