Diapers, Wet Diapers, Bedwetting in Popular Culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodnitesco96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I've noticed something, I barely see any like reports or movies or anything that like incorporate diapers or adult babies or anything. I remember in Spy Kids I think 1 the girl wet the bed (don't judge me, its been like 10 years since I've last seen Spy Kids). Apart from that, I have not really seen ABDL, TBDL, TDL, or really anything in popular culture. You could kind of count Miley Cyrus, but I don't know if she wore an actual diaper during her video or something that looks like a diaper. Have any of you seen anything diaper-related in movies and stuff? The only other instance I can think of is in Grey's Anatomy, one of the nurses wears a diaper to complete a really long surgery.

Diapers are around in kids shows from time to time. The Powerpuff girls did an episode on bedwetting, Spongebob has made a couple diaper jokes, there was that old Molly O show about bedwetting, and then there are diapers all over the place in cartoons like Muppet Babies, Rugrats, and the classic Looneytunes. There's also the now infamous CSI episode with an adult baby on the more adult side, and what is now a small spattering of "hey this is so weird" reality shows that usually make their subjects look pretty crazy.

I'm not sure I'd consider that small relatively speaking. Covering ABDLs specifically is going to be rare because it's a) sexual for enough people that a TV censor would consider it sexual content and b) just rare enough in the population that not many folks are going to know about it. And kids shows are going to play carefully around diapers and accidents because pee and poop are gross for most people so your show won't get ratings if you actually focus in on diapers. They're used instead as a marker for baby characters, basically as part of their costume with only very rare focus on the actual need to use the bathroom or get a diaper change.

ArchieRoni said:
Diapers are around in kids shows from time to time. The Powerpuff girls did an episode on bedwetting, Spongebob has made a couple diaper jokes, there was that old Molly O show about bedwetting, and then there are diapers all over the place in cartoons like Muppet Babies, Rugrats, and the classic Looneytunes. There's also the now infamous CSI episode with an adult baby on the more adult side, and what is now a small spattering of "hey this is so weird" reality shows that usually make their subjects look pretty crazy.

I'm not sure I'd consider that small relatively speaking. Covering ABDLs specifically is going to be rare because it's a) sexual for enough people that a TV censor would consider it sexual content and b) just rare enough in the population that not many folks are going to know about it. And kids shows are going to play carefully around diapers and accidents because pee and poop are gross for most people so your show won't get ratings if you actually focus in on diapers. They're used instead as a marker for baby characters, basically as part of their costume with only very rare focus on the actual need to use the bathroom or get a diaper change.

It kind of sucks when most people I think would associate ABDL with like sexual stuff when for the most part it isn't. I think like there's some celebrities I think one went on Conan and like talked about being sponsored by Depends or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TV show "The Middle" has done a lot on baby clothes and wearing diapers. There was an early episode where the high school was having "dress like a baby day" and a lot of the students were in footed jammies. More in your face were the horrible, scary neighbor family. The middle aged boy was always in a diaper. He wore both taped and pull up diapers, and Sue called him diaper boy. The inference was that he wore them because he liked them. I think that was a quote from the boy.

The movie 2012 features goodnites. The daughter is a bedwetting and when the father comes to pick up the daughter there is a package of goodnites with her camping gear. Her father asks her later if she has put it on yet. Later the mom is in the grocery store buying 2 packages of goodnites.

Soggygoodnites said:
The movie 2012 features goodnites. The daughter is a bedwetting and when the father comes to pick up the daughter there is a package of goodnites with her camping gear. Her father asks her later if she has put it on yet. Later the mom is in the grocery store buying 2 packages of goodnites.

I was gonna say. I always found that a bit cringeworthy. The first thing someone says after the end of the world is filmmaking product placement for Huggies? I'm all about the diapers, though.

I also recommend Futurama, it's all over the place in Futurama. I think Matt Groening is actually trying to tell us something, honestly. And the episode of Kids Next Door with Mr. B is also a good one, I used to use him as an avatar in several places, lol.

You know, diapers on kids/adults in the media is about ten times as much as it used to be. I'm fairly certain that in Hollyweird there's a fair amount that know about, or participate in either ageplay, or outright ABDL activities, OR they live it vicariously, by characterising it in their productions. You never saw that, except in cartoons, when I grew up. Be grateful that it's as out in the open as it is, because not too many people have NOT been exposed to it, one way or another. Mostly, it's just a fleeting reference, but true ABDL come out of the woodwork when they notice it on TV, or in the movies, whether it's a bed wetting incident, or someone with a preference for diapers.

I wouldn't call any of the plot devices with bedwetting to have anything to do with ABDL since lots of kids wet the bed, and the vast majority of them don't wind up being ABDLs. You can point to several diaper jokes in a lot of shows, but the only two clear cut staunch examples of ABDL representation in the media that I can think of are the CSI episode, King Baby, and Bob's Burgers, where one of the characters is an acknowledged diaper lover.

I remember a show called Fantastic Max when I was a kid. He ware a diaper and used it to get out of trouble, and the toy that looked after him was called AB!

Does anyone remember a cartoon called Ren & Stimpy?

There's was an episode I remember being mesmerized by when I was a child, in which they trade places with 2 babies.

And if you know that show, you know the creators and writers liked to focus on weird humour and somewhat disgusting too lol. For example, in the episode, one of the characters got more praised than the other from the babies parents, because he popped a lot more diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back