Status
Not open for further replies.

PaddedLittleParadise

Tumblr & Patreon Kink Writer; Longtime AB/DL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey, has anyone here tried out the LivDry boosters that are available from TYE Medical? They seem too good to be true, at least if you’re looking for super-thick, super-absorbent boosters to add absorbency, thickness, “waddle”, etc.

I know they’re meant for use with LivDry diapers, but after seeing a few negative reviews of those I’m thinking it would be better to pair them with more traditional ABDL diapers. If the 80-oz. absorbency of the Hyper+ models is to be believed, a pairing between them and a Safari or Magnifico would be mind-bendingly absorbent…

And before the recommendation to try a sample comes up, don’t worry—I’ve tried. They say my request didn’t meet their eligibility requirements.

If they aren’t any good, I’m always open to recommendations on good alternative boosters!

Boosters are like a double edged sword. You don't want to go with one that's too big or will swell up too much. If they do, then that will cause the leak guards (and possibly the seal around your legs) to be pushed away from your skin. This will greatly increase the chance of leaks.

Also, boosters will increase capacity, but they do nothing to improve the performance of your diaper. If/When your diaper does leak, it will often be a much more severe leak due to the added urine spilling out from the booster.

Lastly, the added cost of that booster needs to be taken into consideration. Very often, when you add the price of each diaper with the booster, you can find a better diaper for abiut that same price. One that not only has the added capacity/thickness you're looking for, but also has a better performance too.

This all said, there are times when boosters make a lot of sense. When looking for one, make sure it is pretty small to start with, and will fit in between your leak guards with plenty of room to spare. A very low cost per booster should be considered too.

Personally, I've found a size 1 or 2 baby diaper make the best boosters of all. Not only are they cheap thanks to mass production, but they also have incredibly high absorption rates for their size. No need to cut the backing, but I do like to tear off the tabs (they come off very easy when you peel them off from bottom to top- don't try pulling them horizontally though as they will stay attached enough to make you think they will need to be cut off).

You make some really good points, Slomo, so thanks. I definitely know what you mean about failing leak guards; had a bad experience with a Dry 24/7 + Quadro combo not that long ago, probably due to that very phenomenon you describe. And the baby diapers for boosters are very useful; I use them that way all the time.

However, something I should have mentioned in my original post is that these LivDry boosters (https://www.tyemedical.com/product/livdry-shaped-pads/) are quite different from other boosters in that they have their own large, built-in leak guards. That has me wondering if they will behave differently than normal Powerups, Quadros, Abri-lets, etc.--hence my question if anyone has actually tried them. Will they retain everything and slowly percolate down into the diaper without leakage? Or will they just make for more leak points? I guess it depends on the construction of the guards and how quickly they wick...

Hoping someone here has given them a shot and can weigh in.

SirGorbachev said:
You make some really good points, Slomo, so thanks. I definitely know what you mean about failing leak guards; had a bad experience with a Dry 24/7 + Quadro combo not that long ago, probably due to that very phenomenon you describe. And the baby diapers for boosters are very useful; I use them that way all the time.

However, something I should have mentioned in my original post is that these LivDry boosters (https://www.tyemedical.com/product/livdry-shaped-pads/) are quite different from other boosters in that they have their own large, built-in leak guards. That has me wondering if they will behave differently than normal Powerups, Quadros, Abri-lets, etc.--hence my question if anyone has actually tried them. Will they retain everything and slowly percolate down into the diaper without leakage? Or will they just make for more leak points? I guess it depends on the construction of the guards and how quickly they wick...

Hoping someone here has given them a shot and can weigh in.

You'd probably have the same leaking problem IF the booster is still displacing the adult duaper's leak guard or leg seal.

The baby diaper boosters I sometimes use have their own leak guards too. I do believe this helps greatly. It allows the booster to absorb or at least hold back any initial flooding. When over capacity it will still absorb some, then much slower leak out into the adult diaper, while also leaking over towards the center of the diaper thanks to their own leak guards.

However, it is important that when the booster is dry there is still some room to create a sort of gutter between the booster and the leak guards of your adult diaper. This will ensure the adult leak guards won't get pushed out and can still do their job. It also allows for the booster to swell up a little when saturated.

I use them with my livdry diapers, having tried every absorbency they have. Truthfuly, they're not that great on their own as far as capacity goes, and wicking leaves a lot to be desired since it doesn't get filled all the way. But the comfort is bar none IMO, and I only use the Hyper Plus pads now with the livdry diapers. Occasionally they'll leak a little around the legs into the diaper, but it isn't a big deal. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back