An unscientific measurement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I woke up in a very soaked diaper, to the point of having a little wetness on my sheet. Occurred to me that I could easily figure how much pee ( I admit to a strange attraction to all things pee) was in that soaked swaddling. Its weight on a postal scale (and minus the weight of a dry diaper) was 50.8 oz. Figuring a pint is a pound, that translates over 3 pints, or 1.5 liters.

I'm not a scientist, but seems pretty straightforward reasoning. Seems like a lot given I did not especially drink a lot before bed. The diapee was an ID Slip. I think I need to upgrade if my nights are going to be like this.

It's is only about the 4th time I have worn at night. Trying to get used to it, I'm not to a point where I sleep well when padded. It's too stimulating.

Assuming you're not terribly dehydrated, the specific gravity of urine should be between 1 and 1.03. That means that the weight will literally convert to a fluid volume measurement or vice versa without really having to convert it.

Only thing is that you may want to weigh say 10 diapers at once and divide by 10 to get a better average dry weight.

Yup, the weight of a wet diaper does convert into how much you've peed.

The last time I was in the hospital (a d not catheterized) the nurse had to do this in order to record how much I was voiding.

Isle said:
So I woke up in a very soaked diaper, to the point of having a little wetness on my sheet. Occurred to me that I could easily figure how much pee ( I admit to a strange attraction to all things pee) was in that soaked swaddling. Its weight on a postal scale (and minus the weight of a dry diaper) was 50.8 oz. Figuring a pint is a pound, that translates over 3 pints, or 1.5 liters.

I'm not a scientist, but seems pretty straightforward reasoning. Seems like a lot given I did not especially drink a lot before bed. The diapee was an ID Slip. I think I need to upgrade if my nights are going to be like this.

It's is only about the 4th time I have worn at night. Trying to get used to it, I'm not to a point where I sleep well when padded. It's too stimulating.

Out of curiosity, I perform the calculation every morning. By my standard fifty plus ounces is a huge amount, twenty to thirty is more typical for me. How much does your bladder hold, perhaps sixteen ounces? So, if not diapered you would have had to get up three times to pee during the night!?!

I hâve been using kitchen scales to determine how much I am wetting. Typically the nappy gains between 3 to 4.5 lbs over a night ( often wear for 12 hrs). Conversion is c. 454 cc to a lb of water. At 4.5 lbs I am on the verge of leakage if I don't let it in slowly. I use one nappy and one booster, no problems 99% of the time.

WBxx said:
Out of curiosity, I perform the calculation every morning. By my standard fifty plus ounces is a huge amount, twenty to thirty is more typical for me. How much does your bladder hold, perhaps sixteen ounces? So, if not diapered you would have had to get up three times to pee during the night!?!

I have frequent urination issues, its not clear what causes it and medications available have bad side effects. Bladder/prostate/possibly neurological. So my bladder does not hold a lot 6-8 oz and I am up 5-7 times a night. I don't get up exactly but have a pee bottle by the bed. I barely wake, usually, and fall right back to sleep, usually. I am thinking I might sleep better if I was diapered but as a side sleeper I need to turn on my back to pee.

Down the road it would be nice to not wake up at all. That would be a welcome change!

It's probably not perfectly accurate as some moisture might evaporate, and maybe some moisture would stick to (or be absorbed by) the skin. But it shouldn't be far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back