Status
Not open for further replies.

isidro

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi Everyone,

I would like to know if anybody tried out the Fabine Gold Max diapers? Do they pair to the Bambino Bellissimos or the ABU Space diapers? I would like to buy some new diapers, but I don't know if I should buy Fabine Gold Max or Carousel diapers. I have never tried any Fabine, nor Carousel ones... My experience with ABDL diapers is based on Bambino Bellissimos, Classico, ABU Space, Aww So Cute's, Rearz Spoiled and Rearz Safari. My preference in diapers is based on the ones that have smooth plastic exterior, wide crotch (in between the legs area), thicker as the Bellissimos/Space/Safari and with strong tapes. Please could you share your experience with either Fabines or Carousel diapers?

Also, could you please indicate an ABDL online business where I could purchase Fabines? Seems that Netdiapers used to sell them but apparently they are out of business now...

Thank you!

Isidro

I've only tried the carousels but I liked them. They were really soft inside and had a comfortable exterior plastic as well. They held up like champs too.

I liked the Carousels a lot. Comparable to the Rearz Princess. Not quite as thick as ABU Paws or Magnificos if I recall correctly, but still very thick and fluffy and swells and holds a lot.

Very cute print. Nice thick smooth plastic! Would buy again... ^_____^

I bought a few cases of the Fabine Teddy Gold Max ones.

The outside is some of the softest, smoothest plastic I've ever felt. The plastic is somewhat noisy, but not nearly as loud as a Barebum.

The inside is quite soft. Has waistbands in front and back that work pretty well.

It's a little bit on the thin side but they swell a lot and will hold a lot. They will definitely beat out a Classico, but not an ABU Space or a Bellissimo.

The tapes mostly hold very well, but sometimes the bottom tapes will bunch up and so I'll use a stapler to keep them put. Especially for overnight use.

There is minor separation of the padding (creating empty gaps) if you are sitting and it folds in the wrong spot, but there's no clumping effect.

I've never had one split down the back or form microbead leaks.

Fabine does have a decently wide crotch.

The biggest flaw in these diapers to me is their lack of odor control. Unlike every other diaper I have, these smell pretty bad even after a single use. I think maybe it's the SAP itself? They just get an unpleasant smell after one use when wearing just a diaper and t-shirt that I don't care much for. Not overwhelming, just mildly annoying.

I thought they were a great buy when I was getting them for around $1.30-1.40? each through buying multiple cases. But I don't know where to buy them anymore. But it's best to have a variety of many kinds of diapers. Wearing just the same one every time gets real old. So if you can get them cheap, go for it!

I've tried several of the fabine and seen others as well, and it looks like they have only the one physical pattern and just change up shell art on every run. So I'll assume the "gold max" are the same as all the rest, performance-wise. I bought a case of carousel and must say I really like them. They're a very similar design to bambino, though I really like the "lightweight" shell art. Many ABDL diapers are just drenched with colors and patterns and busy with stuff going on. The carousel has a very "lightweight" look and I think works really well on a diaper.

The padding is pretty unique from my experience. It wicks well but it swells considerably and feels much "denser" in addition to seeming to be a bit thicker. Maybe they're using more high quality (fine grain) sap? (they feel dryer when wet also) I consider them an upgrade from say Bambino Teddy. They're a bit of a niche product, and I hope they continue to be available. They're a much better value for the price than fabine.

Might be a bit off-topic but are the Carousel's available in a small sizing?

isidro said:
Hi Everyone,

I would like to know if anybody tried out the Fabine Gold Max diapers? Do they pair to the Bambino Bellissimos or the ABU Space diapers? I would like to buy some new diapers, but I don't know if I should buy Fabine Gold Max or Carousel diapers. I have never tried any Fabine, nor Carousel ones... My experience with ABDL diapers is based on Bambino Bellissimos, Classico, ABU Space, Aww So Cute's, Rearz Spoiled and Rearz Safari. My preference in diapers is based on the ones that have smooth plastic exterior, wide crotch (in between the legs area), thicker as the Bellissimos/Space/Safari and with strong tapes. Please could you share your experience with either Fabines or Carousel diapers?

Also, could you please indicate an ABDL online business where I could purchase Fabines? Seems that Netdiapers used to sell them but apparently they are out of business now...

Thank you!

Isidro

Forget Fabines. You should try Crinklz!

goten said:
I bought a few cases of the Fabine Teddy Gold Max ones.

The outside is some of the softest, smoothest plastic I've ever felt. The plastic is somewhat noisy, but not nearly as loud as a Barebum.

The inside is quite soft. Has waistbands in front and back that work pretty well.

It's a little bit on the thin side but they swell a lot and will hold a lot. They will definitely beat out a Classico, but not an ABU Space or a Bellissimo.

The tapes mostly hold very well, but sometimes the bottom tapes will bunch up and so I'll use a stapler to keep them put. Especially for overnight use.

There is minor separation of the padding (creating empty gaps) if you are sitting and it folds in the wrong spot, but there's no clumping effect.

I've never had one split down the back or form microbead leaks.

Fabine does have a decently wide crotch.

The biggest flaw in these diapers to me is their lack of odor control. Unlike every other diaper I have, these smell pretty bad even after a single use. I think maybe it's the SAP itself? They just get an unpleasant smell after one use when wearing just a diaper and t-shirt that I don't care much for. Not overwhelming, just mildly annoying.

I thought they were a great buy when I was getting them for around $1.30-1.40? each through buying multiple cases. But I don't know where to buy them anymore. But it's best to have a variety of many kinds of diapers. Wearing just the same one every time gets real old. So if you can get them cheap, go for it!

Thank you for your answer! So you said the Fabines are not comparable to the Babimo Bellissimos, but they do have a wide crotch. Are they as wide as the Bellissimos in that area? Also, do you know where can I buy them?
Thanks again!

Alvaro.-

Slomo said:

I approve this message.

bambinod said:
I've tried several of the fabine and seen others as well, and it looks like they have only the one physical pattern and just change up shell art on every run. So I'll assume the "gold max" are the same as all the rest, performance-wise. I bought a case of carousel and must say I really like them. They're a very similar design to bambino, though I really like the "lightweight" shell art. Many ABDL diapers are just drenched with colors and patterns and busy with stuff going on. The carousel has a very "lightweight" look and I think works really well on a diaper.

The padding is pretty unique from my experience. It wicks well but it swells considerably and feels much "denser" in addition to seeming to be a bit thicker. Maybe they're using more high quality (fine grain) sap? (they feel dryer when wet also) I consider them an upgrade from say Bambino Teddy. They're a bit of a niche product, and I hope they continue to be available. They're a much better value for the price than fabine.

Thanks so much bambinod! So do you think the Carousels are not as thick and wider in the crotch area as the Bellissimos? I am looking for something similar to the Bellissimos... And I thought the Fabines should be a good option...

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:

I have tried the first version of Comficares! They were great. Very thick. Very wide in the crotch area and quite smooth. Good for night time use. I knew back then that the Crinklz were the same Comficares but with ABDL designs. But after that they changed the the fit of the diaper, Betterdry, making it narrower in between the legs... as far as I have read in the reviews. That's why I am a little skeptic about giving them a try. Everyone says they are not as good as the original Comficares/Crinklz. Could you please provide your vision about them? Are they as good, secure and soft as the Bellissimos?

Thank you!

isidro said:
Thanks so much bambinod! So do you think the Carousels are not as thick and wider in the crotch area as the Bellissimos? I am looking for something similar to the Bellissimos... And I thought the Fabines should be a good option...

- - - Updated - - -

I have tried the first version of Comficares! They were great. Very thick. Very wide in the crotch area and quite smooth. Good for night time use. I knew back then that the Crinklz were the same Comficares but with ABDL designs. But after that they changed the the fit of the diaper, Betterdry, making it narrower in between the legs... as far as I have read in the reviews. That's why I am a little skeptic about giving them a try. Everyone says they are not as good as the original Comficares/Crinklz. Could you please provide your vision about them? Are they as good, secure and soft as the Bellissimos?

Thank you!

Their new version is nothing like their old designs. They are completely redesigned, and probably overengineered by a lot even. It might as well be like trying a different manufacturer when compared to their old design. Yes both crinklz and betterdry are the same except for the prints. I hadn't tried their first version so I can't really compare, but I can say they both have a pretty wide crotch width. If it's smaller, their old design must have been comically wide.

Their new design fits incredibly well on me. They extend up to the waist as they should, and have a snug tapped fit around the legs and just over the hips. I sleep on my side, and am a heavy wetter. They have never once leaked on me too. I've even managed to go a full 24 hours in them, with likely peeing more than 5000ml (over a gallon) in that time. They never once felt like they were going to leak, even after clumping and sagging horribly from that 24 hours of wear. (As well as giving me a rash).

Belisimos on the other hand do not work for me much at all. When properly sized to extend up to the waist, they also leave a horribly loose gap at the legs. This is because of their "no lower tapes" design in order to accomodate their tape landing zone. (The lower tapesare moved up to be almost at the exact middle of the back panels).

In fact, all similar diapers with this design will leak on me long before reaching any kind of capacity. Although there are two ways around this design flaw.

First is to add a third set of actual lower tapes using packaging or duck tape. This then gives a decent snug seal around the legs, which turns them into pretty decent diapers. Maybe even premium grade if they fixed this single flaw.

Second, and most common, is to just wear one size too small. They will only extend up to your hips/belt line, but will also provide a much more snug fit around the legs. I know a LOT of people like this tigher, underwear like fit. I do not. In part because this tighter fit also comes with a bunch of probles, such as leaking over the top, blowouts, tapes popping off, and constant wegies, (just to name a few).

Currently as they are though, belissimos, fabine, abu, space, and all the others are probably about as reliable amd absorbent (before leaking) as tena or abena. They are ok, but at that price you'd be better off just buying the cheaper diapers. Or better yet, confidry or northshore. Even better being crinklz too.

isidro said:
Thanks so much bambinod! So do you think the Carousels are not as thick and wider in the crotch area as the Bellissimos? I am looking for something similar to the Bellissimos... And I thought the Fabines should be a good option...!

Carousel crotch padding is 0.5" WIDER than Bellissimo. Carousel are 10 to a bag where bambino are 8, but the bag volume scales right up, they appear to be identical in volume per diaper. (so the padding is the same thickness) I don't have carousel weights handy to compare but I think they are heavier than bellissimo. (which are 7.9oz/ea) which would indicate more sap. I'll get that tonight if I remember to.

And yes the conficare/crinklz2 are a whole different animal from the previous generation, they really have nothing in common. They're a fairly unique diaper in many regards... excellent front/rear elastic, some of the tallest and softest leak guards I've ever seen, silky smooth shell with the highest resolution artwork of any diaper. No hard tape panel. (uses 2 stick tapes) Fits a bit long/tall. Padding starts out thin but very soft, so they're very comfortable. Some of the biggest swelling when wet I've ever seen. Quite a diaper. Oh, clumps instantly if you're walking around wet, all the padding will be piled up in the crotch almost immediately, so works best for overnight.

Last edited:
just comparing, fabine's crotch width is also 8". and fabine, bellissimo, and carousel weights are 8.3, 7.9, and 7.8 ounces, respectively. So Bellissimo is a hair more, but possibly equal to within my tolerance to measure.

Its been my experience though that bellissimo don't wick nearly as well as their teddy, and I've pretty much always leaked out the legs before reaching the back of the padding. So I still give the crown to carousel in this lineup, for both cost and performance.

Carousel diapers are great! A little thicker and just as wide as Bellissimos. The pastel that goes all the way up and down the diaper is very cute as well. Never tried Fabines, but the tapes on the Carousel are the best I've ever experienced- hold up all night with a lot of tossing and turning. The co-owner, MissPandaPants (dunno her real name) is a true ABDL and has pulled all of her knowledge to create one of the best diapers out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back