Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyWolfe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
Well, in a way, all of you talking about adult diapers (taped) got me to order some samples from BambinoDiapers.com

of course there are only 2 in each, but enough to test and see which one that I may like.

• Medium TotalDry Plus Protection Fitted Brief
  • Medium Bambino TEDDY Adult Diapers
  • Medium Molicare Super Plus Brief
  • Small Abri-Flex Premium S3
I ordered the Small Abri-Flex instead of the medium since it showed a difference in the waist, hopefully they will fit.

There are some others that I would like to order, but holy crud they are expensive, in order of what I want to get them

• DC Amor Anime Pinks (Because I LOVE anime, anything anime. Although I haven't watched much anime in the past 8-10 months)
  • ABU Cushies
  • ABU Super Dry Kids
  • Spoiled by Rearz
  • Snuggies
Anyway, hopefully I will like all of them and actually be able to choose one that I want to wear often.

These will, most likely, NOT replace my GoodNites. But I suppose we won't know until it happens at least.

Congratulations. Goodnites are unique in their own way, they are pull ups. These diapers on the other hand, are made with performance in mind.

The Total Dry diaper isn't that great of a diaper. The Bambino you will find to be so soft. They are like a soft pillow between your legs. They are much thicker than Goodnites.

I've seen that you've been using Goodnites Trufits. They work awesomely as a diaper booster. I've become accustomed to putting one or two in my diaper.

It seems like you're on the small size side of the diaper industry. If you'd like a good premium diaper that fits you well, I'd suggest trying Dry24/7 in small size. They will be the best diaper that you can find in regards to your size.

Have fun!

Thank you for the information.

I did measure my waist and hip and I am roughly
waist: 31"
hip: 34.5"

I don't have a proper tailors measure tape. so I used a shoe string and a yard stick for the measurements. So they might be off a little.

-----
Edit:
Speaking of pull-ups, I had to go to the hardware store to get some silicon to fix a leaking drain pipe temporarily and wore my GoodNites pull-ups (not the Tru-Fit) when I went. It was fun and no one noticed it or at least didn't say anything.

But I'm moving up on knocking out shyness I think :D

Hohoo! Congrats! Tell us how you liked them x)!

The package won't get here until Thursday, such a long wait... however, it's a joyous day, cause it also happens to by my Birthday too. So a Birthday wearing diapers :smile1:

FluffyMastiff said:
The package won't get here until Thursday, such a long wait... however, it's a joyous day, cause it also happens to by my Birthday too. So a Birthday wearing diapers :smile1:

Nothing makes a special day even more special than wearing a diaper. Enjoy :)

The ones you have ordered as samples are very good in their own ways. You will just have to experiment and figure out which is best for your "wetting" needs. Your dream list however is quite exciting and I have the same list

Just got the shipment in and OMG! These things are huge... I knew they would be large, but man I didn't think of how big they need to be to fit adults :lol:

I'm going to try a tape diaper tonight after sun down, since I'm currently wearing a GoodNite and it's wet so I'll enjoy that for a few more hours

Bambino TEDDY diapers are quite cute looking, so I think I'll start with that.

Anyone have a link on putting on a diaper correctly, by yourself?

There are numerous guides and threads here on how to diaper yourself. You'll get some conflicting advice since there's no one "correct way" and people tend to think their way is best because they've had practice and have problems trying a new method. So listen to the variety and try things and stick with what works best for you.

I personally prefer the "lean againt a wall/door" method to diaper myself while standing. In the beginning it may be a little more challenging, but it has the advantage of being much more flexible and usable when you're away from home. (nobody likes to lay on a restroom floor even if it's a single occupancy) So I'd recommend trying that method first, and look at other ways if that one doesn't work out.

The other main question seems to be "top or bottom tapes first?" My philosophy there is "the top tapes hold your diaper up on your hip (around your belt line) and the lower tapes pull in the wings and seal around the legs to prevent leaking." So for convenience, I put on both uppers first, so my diaper stays up on its own and I can step away from the wall and work easily with both hands to fasten each of the lower tapes. This lets me get the lowers positioned more carefully with just the right amount of give for both good comfort and leak protection.

You probably won't get a really good fit until the 3rd or 4th try, so don't get too stressed over it if you screw up our first few diapers. And congrats on picking the teddy, they're one of my favorites!

Tip on the bambino: diapers with front/rear elastic like your Bambino need to have the uppers on a little LOOSER than other diapers. Strech out the elastic a little bit and stick down then, don't draw the elastic tight. Otherwise the elastic pulls hard on the tapes for awhile and you pop/break a tape.

Thank You both. I'll try it all out.

Baxton said:
Here's this:http://m.wikihow.com/Change-a-Disposable-Adult-Diaper
(BTW I can recommend some great Anime if you're looking for one).

Sure go ahead. I have 200+ different series that I need to watch that I already "have." It never hurts to add more to the list of others that I'm looking for :lol:

FluffyMastiff said:
Just got the shipment in and OMG! These things are huge... I knew they would be large, but man I didn't think of how big they need to be to fit adults :lol:

I'm going to try a tape diaper tonight after sun down, since I'm currently wearing a GoodNite and it's wet so I'll enjoy that for a few more hours

Bambino TEDDY diapers are quite cute looking, so I think I'll start with that.

We've got an article for it: https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/83448-How-to-Put-On-a-Diaper

Trevor said:

Thank You, I'm quite horrible at searching for specific things, but give me the most random thing and I can find something for it :lol:

---

I've been in my Bambino Teddy for a couple of hours now. I think I did a fairly good job on it for not knowing how to tape and all that. I wet myself a couple of times so far and it hasn't leaked, yet, so that's good I suppose. :smile1:

How does this tape job look for my first attempt?
IMAG1288.jpg

The tape job looks good. Much better than my first attempt. Was also pleasantly surprised how nicely done the picture is. Looks like you cropped it to only show the tape panel. Thank you for that.

So, what do you think of them? Do they fit as huge as they appeared to you earlier? How do they compare to goodnights?

Jeremiah said:
The tape job looks good. Much better than my first attempt. Was also pleasantly surprised how nicely done the picture is. Looks like you cropped it to only show the tape panel. Thank you for that.

So, what do you think of them? Do they fit as huge as they appeared to you earlier? How do they compare to goodnights?
Thank you.

Yes, its cropped down a little bit. I understand that not everyone enjoys a crotch shot, especially when theres hair showing. [emoji38] ... Sorry bad joke.

Bambino Teddys are pretty big but not overwhelming, quite comfortable, and quite cute with the teddy bears on the tape landing area.

It held about 4 to 6 more wettings than a GoodNite...

Talk about urine measurement:
I've measured my urine flow 10 times a few weeks ago and I urinate between 150 to 250 ml each time. I should try this again and drink a cup of water to see a max measurement.

I have multiple size beakers that I got with a chemistry set and use the 400ml beaker for measurements.

I filled this one up quite a bit and went to sleep with a dog potty training pad underneath me while sleeping. Good thing I did, it was seeping out while sleeping, not too bad though. If I had wet during the night I wouldn't have known since the diaper was already pretty much full. Lol

GoodNites I use during the day and out in public, since they don't give it away. I'll use GoodNites until I can no longer fit in them.

So over the next week or two, I have 3 other brands to try out. I'll keep updates in hope this helps other new members.

Even though I've only tried one Bambino Teddy, I recommend it for reasons stated above. Once, if, I can find a job it will be the first case of diapers I buy... After I get a much larger stash case. Lol

Forgive any spelling errors, I'm using tapatalk and it doesn't seem to have any auto-correct/suggestions. I'll fix spelling errors later :)

Thank you for the reply. Surprised to find another person who actually measured their urine output. I have done it a few times myself. Also ended up with hospital and ultrasound measurements: about 500mL.

I agree that the capacity and comfort of the Bambino products are nice and the Teddys are their nicest pattern.

Enjoy the rest of your purchase.

its easier to just weigh the diaper to figure urine output. its only off by a few percent from the weight of tap-water of the same volume. weight your diaper of choice dry, then weight it when changing, subtract, and multiply by

1000mL (1L) (33.5 fluid ounces) weighs about 32 (dry) oz. that's ~43mL/oz

a 6oz diaper that weighs 20oz full would be 12 oz of fluid, 12x43 = 516mL. You need a scale that's accurate to the oz though.

the weight of a plastic ziploc is negligible so I just bag it and hook the bag on my fish scale to weigh. Good way to check a diaper's capacity - take one off that's "about to leak", bag, hook, weigh, subtract dry weight, multiply by 43.

Tried out the Abri-Flex Premium S3 Pull-ups. They are very comfortable. I'm not sure how many times I wet it, but I know it was 4 or 5 times, before I felt the first leak, I think it was my fault in the way I was positioned in my computer chair.

I will definitely order more of these in the future.

I didn't care for the stomach overlap, but I was able to take care of that by folding it down 1 or 2 times.

2 diapers left:
TotalDry Plus Protection
Molicare Super Plus

I've meant to try those on, too :) They are apparently the only good pullup out there..

I was at first apprehensive about getting them, because of the large "belly cover" but I'm glad that I gave them a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back